or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panny or pannais

post #1 of 3
Thread Starter 

i work in a kitchen in Scotland and one night I wrote 'Pannais fishcakes' or the next days preplist.

Next day the guys took the piss out of me for it saying 'Ooh la la pannais...etc.'

They'd allways just written 'panny.'

Who is right? What is the correct term to cover an item of food in flour, eggwash and breadcrumbs?

Please, I need ammo here.

post #2 of 3
I think the term is Paner à l’Anglaise.
post #3 of 3
Thread Starter 
I'll settle for that thanks. Without the the à l’Anglaise bit. I don't think that'd help ,my cause at all.

Thank you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Professional Chefs