all i cann find is fat free powdered milk
can i substitute cream for some of the water in this recipe? or jsut make a lower fat version with the fat free powdered milk???
well i cant really substitute cream for water as the water is used to make a syrup....
I also have a question.
to make sure this recipe works... how sohuld i handle the sugar syrup, its hard for me to get the right temp on sugar syrups... even with a candy thermometer!!!
please look at the following recipe and tell me what u think?Trinidad BarfiIngredients:
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup water
1 tablespoon grated ginger
4 cups full-cream powdered milk
1 cup thick or heavy cream
1. Grease a 9×9 inch glass dish
2. Combine sugar, water, and ginger in small saucepan
3. Boil for about 10 minutes, just until sugar spins a thread
4. Combine 2 cups milk with cream, mix thoroughly
5. Pour sugar syrup into milk mixture, mix well
6. Stir in the additional 2 cups of powdered milk, mixing well.
7. Push mixture into greased dish using the back of a spoon
8. Decorate with sprinkles (multicolored)
9. When almost set, cut into squares.Makes 16 squaresMy squares were still a tad gooey when cut, they should have the consistency of fudge when completely set… but you get the ideaAnd remember, in Trinidad it’s not barfi without the SPRINKLES!!!