-I am very concerned about calories, so I don't use an oil or fatty meats.
-I love red wine in pasta sauce, should I be using cabernet or chianti or anotheR?
-Should I use fresh herbs or dried? Should I add oregano? how much?
-should I use tomato sauce and or paste in addition to and or in lue of the diced tomatoes?
- 1.25 lbs ground turkey breast, cooked
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 2 28oz cans diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 10 oz shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 zucchinis, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
Cook onion until tender. Stir in garlic, tomatoes, wine, carrots, parsley, basil, sugar, and salt. Bring sauce to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring frequently. Add sliced zucchini, mushrooms, and turkery; cook until sauce is thick, about 20 minutes longer.
Makes 5 servings.