Pumpkin scones are fairly popular in Queensland Australia just add your favourite mashed up pumpkin to your scone mix just remember to reduce your liquid by a liitle as the pumpkin will take care of that, then serve with fresh whipped chantilly cream (add vanilla essence and icing sugar to cream) and your favourite jam ( jelly I think for our American friends)
- item100 Magnificent Muffins & Sconestagged by System, 6/21/10
- categoryBakingtagged by System, 6/21/10
- itemBaking Illustratedtagged by System, 6/21/10
- itemMuffins, Scones and Bread ("Australian Women's Weekly" Home Library)tagged by System, 6/21/10
- itemScones, Muffins, and Tea Cakes: Breakfast Breads and Teatime Spreadstagged by System, 6/21/10
- itemSimply Scones: Quick and Easy Recipes for More than 70 Delicious Scones and Spreadstagged by System, 6/21/10
Related Forum Threads
- difference between phyllo dough and strudel dough? Last post on 5/13/10 at 4:30pm in Pastries & Baking
- Mixing Flour and Water Properly Last post on 3/23/10 at 7:22am in Pastries & Baking
- How do you keep your cookies from flattening out? Last post on 2/6/14 at 6:16am in Food & Cooking
- Need help deciding which school for a baking and pastry arts program. Input greatly appreciated :) Last post on 8/20/11 at 2:43am in General Culinary School Discussions
- flourless cake scraps Last post on 3/30/11 at 6:04pm in Food & Cooking
The Perfect Yellow Cake Recipe And Techniques
Last edited: 9/26/11
- How To Make RugelachLast edited: 2/4/12
- How To Make BagelsLast edited: 1/7/12
You may wonder why I would title my book review “Mastering what you love to eat.” However in Patricia Wells’ latest book, The French Kitchen Cookbook, Recipes and Lessons from Paris and Provence,...
My wife and I are big yogurt eaters, and for years we've purchased store bought yogurt, but, this year, for Christmas I purchased a Donvier Yogurt Maker for my wife and we haven't purchased store...
DK seems to have done it again. They have produced a truly wonderful cookbook. Cooking Season by Season, 1000 recipes to cook through the year by DK has become my current favorite go-to cookbook. ...
It is safe to say that I am the only one in my extended family that cooks wild game. If I expand that I believe I have only one friend that cooks wild game, and she doesn’t do it on a regular...
I bought this sharpener about a month ago at Costo. I had wanted a diamond grinder for a while to bring back some older knives I had. For that it is superb. It will give a very dull knife an...
scones anyone? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 337/3/10 at 3:53pmpost #33 of 337/6/10 at 6:14am
I must tell you that I love this thread.
The BEST scones you have ever eaten......Braidwood , NSW, can you please tell me what makes them so good ? I make scones often here and with many different spices, jams and sauces ( just to jazz them up every now and again) as "Tea Time" is a big thing here.
Réalisé avec un soupçon d'amour.
- scones anyone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- How To Make Rugelach
- › What did you have for dinner? 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › Crab roe substitutions in She Crab Soup 2 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › I have a blog now too 2 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Shoku Pan - Japanese White Sandwich Bread 2 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Feeling Lost as a Cook 4 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Anyone else accepted to Ferrandi Feb. 2014 Session? 4 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Hello everybody 4 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Patisserie at Ferrandi Sep 2014 4 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Looking to buy a new knife 4 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Chain restaurants.. Bad or Good??? 4 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › The French Kitchen Cookbook: Recipes and Lessons from Paris and... by Cami
- › Cuisipro Donvier Electronic Yogurt Maker by Pete
- › Cooking Season by Season by Cami
- › The Venison Cookbook: Venison Dishes from Fast to Fancy by Cami
- › Chef's Choice 320 Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener by DrLogik
- › The Holiday Kosher Baker: Traditional & Contemporary Holiday... by Cami
- › Furi Ozitech Diamond Fingers Pro Knife Sharpener by nastia
- › Ivan Ramen: Love, Obsession, and Recipes from Tokyo's Most... by Jim Berman
- › Eat Ink: Recipes. Stories. Tattoos. by Jim Berman
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by kokopuffs
- › Embed That Thread! by Nicko
- › Best Practices in Tagging by Nicko
- › Finding Comfort Between Two Slices of Bread by Jim Berman
- › Barbecue, Macarons, Pizza & Burgers by Jim Berman
- › Perfect for a cold winter's day: Mexican... by ChefMannyDLM
- › How To Make Pheasant Stock by Nicko
- › How to smoke ham hocks by Nicko
- › Why I Cook: A Chef's Manifesto by ChefMannyDLM
- › A Simple How-To Guide to Making Risotto by Nicko
- › The Restaurant Evolution by Chef Carrasco