or Connect
ChefTalk.com › ChefTalk Cooking Forums › Cooking Discussions › Food & Cooking › How do you like your burger?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How do you like your burger? - Page 2

post #31 of 49

Any chance that you can PM we the A1 Peppercorn sauce recipe?  I totally love that stuff!  The best thing I have ever put on a burger. 

 

Thanks. 

post #32 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by spshafer View Post
 

Any chance that you can PM we the A1 Peppercorn sauce recipe?  I totally love that stuff!  The best thing I have ever put on a burger. 

 

Thanks. 

Chef EdB
Over 50 years in food service business 35 as Ex Chef. Specializing in Volume upscale Catering both on and off premise .(former Exec. Chef in the largest on premise caterer in US  with 17 Million Dollars per year annual volume). 
      Well versed in all facets of Continental Cuisine...

Reply

Chef EdB
Over 50 years in food service business 35 as Ex Chef. Specializing in Volume upscale Catering both on and off premise .(former Exec. Chef in the largest on premise caterer in US  with 17 Million Dollars per year annual volume). 
      Well versed in all facets of Continental Cuisine...

Reply
post #33 of 49

MED RARE, Raw Vadalia Onion clice of real cheddar, Tiger Sauce Toasted sesame bun dab of catsup  b$b pickles on side

Chef EdB
Over 50 years in food service business 35 as Ex Chef. Specializing in Volume upscale Catering both on and off premise .(former Exec. Chef in the largest on premise caterer in US  with 17 Million Dollars per year annual volume). 
      Well versed in all facets of Continental Cuisine...

Reply

Chef EdB
Over 50 years in food service business 35 as Ex Chef. Specializing in Volume upscale Catering both on and off premise .(former Exec. Chef in the largest on premise caterer in US  with 17 Million Dollars per year annual volume). 
      Well versed in all facets of Continental Cuisine...

Reply
post #34 of 49

Fresh ground mix of chuck and sirloin (or tenderloin trimmins'), medium rare, pepper jack cheese, grilled onions, sliced dill pickles, and mustard/ketchup - maybe a dash of sriracha.  All on a toasted bun. 

post #35 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koukouvagia View Post

How do you like your burger? I like mine medium, with one slice of american cheese (I know, yuck! but I can't help it), a smidgeon of ketchup, a dollop of mayo, one slice of romaine and a hint of slivered red onion. No pickles please!!! It has to be on a soft squishy warm bun that's lightly toasted, but no sesame seeds.

This was so long ago. My things have changed. I now like cheddar cheese, mayo, yellow mustard, tomatoes, lettuce and red onion.

"You are what you eat, so don't be fast, cheap, easy, or fake."

Reply

"You are what you eat, so don't be fast, cheap, easy, or fake."

Reply
post #36 of 49

 

I can't seem to make a good burger, so

I eat mine out...

this is my favorite, Five Guys

a double with mayo, bacon, lettuce, cheese and pickles

 

 

the best burger I've ever had at someone else's house

is this Elk burger, cooked on a gas grill

by my "Little Sister" (as in Big Brothers/Big Sisters) who now lives in Montana

..mayo, cheese, lettuce

 

I also like a 'bleu moon' burger at Bonn-Fire in Chino Valley Arizona, I have pics somewhere ... 

crumbled bleu cheese, sauteed mushrooms, mayo, lettuce and a side of sweet potato fries,

extra mayo or their honey mustard dressing  dipping 

post #37 of 49

We hardly eat many burgers, but I have noticed that I've gotten away from adding things to the meat mixture like bacon, cheese, onions and such, preferring plain beef patties and getting other flavors out of the toppings.

 

mjb.

Food nourishes my body.  Cooking nourishes my soul.
Reply
Food nourishes my body.  Cooking nourishes my soul.
Reply
post #38 of 49

Medium. Med rare.

 

Soul burger..

topped with bacon, ham, American cheese and fried onions.

“After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relations.”
Oscar Wilde

 

 

Reply
“After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relations.”
Oscar Wilde

 

 

Reply
post #39 of 49

USDA recommends an internal temperature of 160*F for ground beef. 

 

How do you guys make rare, medium rare burgers?

 

dcarch

post #40 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarch View Post
 

USDA recommends an internal temperature of 160*F for ground beef. 

 

How do you guys make rare, medium rare burgers?

 

dcarch

 

Don't buy preground meat, grind whole cuts yourself.

Food nourishes my body.  Cooking nourishes my soul.
Reply
Food nourishes my body.  Cooking nourishes my soul.
Reply
post #41 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamfat View Post
 

 

Don't buy preground meat, grind whole cuts yourself.

That's what I do. One single slab of beef, bump in boiling water for a few seconds. Boiling water for everything, plates, knifes.

 

Then I chop the meat with a cleaver. I try not to order burgers rare in restaurants. You never know.

 

dcarch

post #42 of 49
I love bison burgers and turkey burgers. Bison I just dress it up like a beef burger: cheddar cheese, ketchup, mustard, pickles, tomato, onion. Turkey burgers (with onion, garlic, salt, pepper and some other seasonings mixed in) I love honey mustard and lettuce. Simple but so good!
post #43 of 49

Hey!! Are you serious about having the actual recipe from Red Robin for their A1 spread?? That is my ALL TIME FAVORITE condiment there!!! I have looked ALL OVER for it online!!! Is there any chance you might email it to me?? I would be forever grateful to you!!! Please let me know!

 

Thank you!!
Sincerely,

CW

post #44 of 49

Oh man.  I may sound like a total snob but trust me, this is the shizzle.  It takes like half an entire day to make this, but you will never regret it.  A well-rested medium-well burger topped with plenty of extra sharp provolone melted over thin grilled portobello slices marinated in balsamic vinaigrette, caramelized shallots, homemade oven roasted red peppers and thin grilled zuchini rounds, surmounting a toasted oversized Ciabatta roll with a homemade San Marzano, parsley and roasted garlic ketchup, stone ground mustard, peperoncinis, cherry tomatoes and arugula dressed in an lemon-mint vinaigrette.  MMMM.

 

Top of patty: zuchini, peppers, mushroom, shallot, cheese, ketchup.

 

Bottom of patty:  mustard, peperoncini, cherry tomato, arugual salad.

 

A little of each goes a long way. 

post #45 of 49

Wow mckallidon, you don't even need a patty!

Gebe Gott uns allen, uns Trinkern, einen so leichten und so schönen Tod! Joseph Roth.
Reply
Gebe Gott uns allen, uns Trinkern, einen so leichten und so schönen Tod! Joseph Roth.
Reply
post #46 of 49

That is solid.  I am so jealous I cannot eat that.  That bun is amazing!

post #47 of 49

Yes indeed, very easy vegetarian solution!  I like to think if you design sandwiches with the meat as the single topping and the toppings as a delicious sandwich, you get amazing results.

post #48 of 49

I disagree, I start with a very good 2 week aged grass fed beef. I do not want a ton of stuff covering up that flavor. Keep it simple, a little tomato and lettuce are fine as is a little onion, and of course bacon and cheese allowed.

post #49 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
 

I disagree, I start with a very good 2 week aged grass fed beef. I do not want a ton of stuff covering up that flavor. Keep it simple, a little tomato and lettuce are fine as is a little onion, and of course bacon and cheese allowed.

 

That is definitely a good choice too.  I think the only way to screw up a burger is to eat one at McDonalds, or overcook it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Food & Cooking
ChefTalk.com › ChefTalk Cooking Forums › Cooking Discussions › Food & Cooking › How do you like your burger?