or Connect
ChefTalk.com › ChefTalk Cooking Forums › Cooking Discussions › Food & Cooking › Is there anyplace that you would recommend I visit while down in New Orleans?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is there anyplace that you would recommend I visit while down in New Orleans? - Page 2

post #31 of 54
Thread Starter 
Lots of great suggestions! Thanks so much.


I'm not sure if we'll rent a car one day or not. We'll probably just play that part by ear...we may, we may not.

So many things are sounding so good. I have had Abita beer a good number of time. I'm partial to the IPA...of course I'm partial to all IPA's :)

dan
post #32 of 54
So many of the places mentioned were around when I was a young RD freshman at St. Marys on Broadway and St. Charles.....1976....jeez 34 years ago.....and they weren't new when I showed up. That my friends is really interesting....

Acme, mothers, Commander's Palace, Cossamentos, Brennans, Central Grocery, Cafe du monde, even Snug Harbor, Gumbo Shop......
Some of my favorites are no longer around Ugelisch being top of the list, there was a place on St. Peter's next to Pat O' Briens.....Black pot, coal pot?? that's not it but I have found memories of eating buttermilk dressing on sliced creole tomatoes on a side patio when buttermilk dressing was a total novelty....Callas too. Parastyle was another one.

Enjoy.
cooking with all your senses.....
Reply
cooking with all your senses.....
Reply
post #33 of 54
Would that be the Coffee Pot? Great place. Is it gone? I didn't look the last time I was down. If so, that's really sad.
Dammi un coltello affilato e vi mostrerò l'arte più belle del mondo.
Reply
Dammi un coltello affilato e vi mostrerò l'arte più belle del mondo.
Reply
post #34 of 54
Thread Starter 
    Hi all

   I went to NoLa with the intention of gaining 10 pounds...I think you'll all be happy to hear that I not only achieved my goal but exceeded it!  Really though, I wanted desperately to eat more food before I left for the airport.  But I couldn't!  I honestly couldn't eat another bite of food.  Not because I didn't want to eat more...but because I didn't have any place to put one more ounce of food.

   I've always wanted to go to Louisiana and eat the food.  I'm so happy I finally got the chance.  I really stopped at so many places to eat that I really won't mention every single place.  I wish I could have stopped at every place that everyone mentioned, but time (and room in my stomach) wouldn't permit it.

   Gumbo, Gumbo, Gumbo!  I had so many bowls of gumbo from all different places.  I stand by the statement that I've always believed.  There are no two bowls of gumbo that tastes the same.  They're all different and they're all so good!  I tried chicken and andouille at several places, seafood from a good number too...and I had my first bowls of Z'Herb gumbo (wow, nice).  My favorite was the chicken and andouille at Chartres House Cafe.  It had the most developed roux by far...getting into that nice nice flavor.

     The meats and seafood were great too.  The andouille and alligator sausages...why oh why can't I buy them in northern Illinois???  Some of the clams were tasty, other ones were a bit scary how warm they were.  You know somethings amiss if my one buddy and I don't finish a plate of clams.  But...we did get some real nice seafood there too.  Shrimp po'boys, a nice (lite) fried platter at Deanie's.  All kinds of seafood with only one disappointment.  Okay, well maybe two partial disappointments with the warm clams.  My problem?  NO CRAWFISH!  Not one mudbug at any joint in New Orleans.  They said that we were just a little bit early...combined with a cold snap they had before we got there and some party they had before we got there...and they had none!  Of course there is good news...they were getting some in before we left Louisiana.  The problem?  We were going to be at the airport already .

   Some other notables?  Étouffée, shrimp, a corn & crabmeat bisque and chowder that were all excellent.  Drinks?  Well..I certainly did eat a ton of food...and when the time permitted...we filled the rest of the time with drinks and music.  Jazz, blues, street performers...oh yeah!  I'm liking this alot!   I'm very familiar with Abita beers and the Abita amber is a nice drinkin' beer.  Add on top of this more hurricanes than I can remember. 

   It was a fun time...

  Oh...the beignets at the Cafe Du Monde were nice and relaxing.  Although I did actually like the beignets at Cafe Beignets a bit better...plus the outdoor jazz in the Legends park was a plus.  The Central Grocery Co. was flat out fantastic!  Breakfast at Oceana was great too. 

   Oh...we also got the degustation tasting from August, with the wine pairings.  :)  nicely done.  But the portion size, my word!  I've had a good amount of tasting menu's at various  restaurants and have never seen portion size like this.  Each plating could have been an entree by itself.  But really nicely done with some smart wine pairings. 


   Thanks to everyone for your advice!

  dan
post #35 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefRay View Post

Would that be the Coffee Pot? Great place. Is it gone? I didn't look the last time I was down. If so, that's really sad.


   Hi ChefRay.  Yep...it's still there.  They also have that nice corn and crabmeat bisque!
post #36 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post





   Hi ChefRay.  Yep...it's still there.  They also have that nice corn and crabmeat bisque!

That they do.  Good to hear it survived.  So many good places went away after Katrina.  Little hole-in-the-wall joints that made superb food mostly.
Dammi un coltello affilato e vi mostrerò l'arte più belle del mondo.
Reply
Dammi un coltello affilato e vi mostrerò l'arte più belle del mondo.
Reply
post #37 of 54
And if you are in the mood for something oriental, you can hit one of these Japanese&Sushi Restaurants in Orleans there are a few there on the list, so it was more comfortable to insert link instead of doing copy-paste
post #38 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post

    Hi all

   I went to NoLa with the intention of gaining 10 pounds...I think you'll all be happy to hear that I not only achieved my goal but exceeded it!  Really though, I wanted desperately to eat more food before I left for the airport.  But I couldn't!  I honestly couldn't eat another bite of food.  Not because I didn't want to eat more...but because I didn't have any place to put one more ounce of food.

   I've always wanted to go to Louisiana and eat the food.  I'm so happy I finally got the chance.  I really stopped at so many places to eat that I really won't mention every single place.  I wish I could have stopped at every place that everyone mentioned, but time (and room in my stomach) wouldn't permit it.

   Gumbo, Gumbo, Gumbo!  I had so many bowls of gumbo from all different places.  I stand by the statement that I've always believed.  There are no two bowls of gumbo that tastes the same.  They're all different and they're all so good!  I tried chicken and andouille at several places, seafood from a good number too...and I had my first bowls of Z'Herb gumbo (wow, nice).  My favorite was the chicken and andouille at Chartres House Cafe.  It had the most developed roux by far...getting into that nice nice flavor.

     The meats and seafood were great too.  The andouille and alligator sausages...why oh why can't I buy them in northern Illinois???  Some of the clams were tasty, other ones were a bit scary how warm they were.  You know somethings amiss if my one buddy and I don't finish a plate of clams.  But...we did get some real nice seafood there too.  Shrimp po'boys, a nice (lite) fried platter at Deanie's.  All kinds of seafood with only one disappointment.  Okay, well maybe two partial disappointments with the warm clams.  My problem?  NO CRAWFISH!  Not one mudbug at any joint in New Orleans.  They said that we were just a little bit early...combined with a cold snap they had before we got there and some party they had before we got there...and they had none!  Of course there is good news...they were getting some in before we left Louisiana.  The problem?  We were going to be at the airport already .

   Some other notables?  Étouffée, shrimp, a corn & crabmeat bisque and chowder that were all excellent.  Drinks?  Well..I certainly did eat a ton of food...and when the time permitted...we filled the rest of the time with drinks and music.  Jazz, blues, street performers...oh yeah!  I'm liking this alot!   I'm very familiar with Abita beers and the Abita amber is a nice drinkin' beer.  Add on top of this more hurricanes than I can remember. 

   It was a fun time...

  Oh...the beignets at the Cafe Du Monde were nice and relaxing.  Although I did actually like the beignets at Cafe Beignets a bit better...plus the outdoor jazz in the Legends park was a plus.  The Central Grocery Co. was flat out fantastic!  Breakfast at Oceana was great too. 

   Oh...we also got the degustation tasting from August, with the wine pairings.  :)  nicely done.  But the portion size, my word!  I've had a good amount of tasting menu's at various  restaurants and have never seen portion size like this.  Each plating could have been an entree by itself.  But really nicely done with some smart wine pairings. 


   Thanks to everyone for your advice!

  dan

I am so jealous. 
"J'aime cuisiner avec du vin, j'ai parfois même mettre dans les aliments je suis cuisson. ""Mi piace cucinare con il vino, talvolta ho persino messa nel cibo sto cottura. ""I enjoy cooking with wine, sometimes I even put it in the food I'm cooking." - Julia Child 
Reply
"J'aime cuisiner avec du vin, j'ai parfois même mettre dans les aliments je suis cuisson. ""Mi piace cucinare con il vino, talvolta ho persino messa nel cibo sto cottura. ""I enjoy cooking with wine, sometimes I even put it in the food I'm cooking." - Julia Child 
Reply
post #39 of 54
Thread Starter 
     Hi all :)

   I almost forgot.  I didn't get to go eat at John Folse's B&B plantation property.  But I did get The Encyclopedia of Cajun & Creole Cuisine by John Folse.  This book is absolutely huge!  Even though I could have bought this book online, or at a bookstore, I wouldn't have spent this much money on a book.  But...This was my gift to myself (that and the degustaion at August).  The recipes look fabulous...and in the usual John Folse style there is just as much written about the Cajun & Creole history as there is about food.  

    ,
  dan
post #40 of 54
Thread Starter 

   OK...it's been WAY to long since I've been to New Orleans.  Last time I went with a buddy of mine and we had a great time.  Our idea of a great time is good company, good food, good drinks and great atmosphere.  But you know what?  If I could eat all evening and then end the evening at Pat O' Briens for some nice drinks and arguing politics until we decide to go out drinking I'll be happy.  For me, New Orleans was a difficult place to describe...there is just something about it.  The history, the culture, the people of the past and present, the music, the art, the food!  What is it about this place?  If it is placed anywhere else in the U.S. would it still have the effect that it does?   I remember saying to my long time friend that it's as if New Orleans is going on around us, yet there's no disputing that we were a part of it.

 

 

  But enough trying to figure out why it is so alluring.  My buddy and I are going back and we're bringing our wives, I can't wait!  We're only going for (maybe) three days and we want to mix a good bit of food, fun and culture.  With an emphasis on culture, people and land...Are there any spots that you can recommend for interesting places to visit in New Orleans?  We're thinking it would be fine to spend half of a day (or so) away from the quarters.

 

    Thanks for your time...

 

   dan


Edited by gonefishin - 12/6/10 at 10:42am
post #41 of 54

On one of my trips to New Orleans we met the granddaughter (or great granddaughter) of the founder of Antoine's while my wife and I were shopping.  She made us a reservation that night for a memorable meal, and after the meal we were given a guided tour of the restaurant.  The history of the place is a history of the town.  If you can arrange for the tour, go for it. 

post #42 of 54
Thread Starter 

   OldPro, thanks for the lead...I'll check into it.

 

  dan

post #43 of 54

If you want to go uptown, which I prefer to the Quarter anyway, get a beer at the Bulldog. Great atmosphere and a ton of beers on tap. Non-Quarter restaurants that I would recommend: Upperline (Uptown), Domilise's (Uptown), Pascal's Manale (Uptown), Reginelli's (Uptown or Garden District), Luke (Central Business District), and The Joint (Bywater).

"We make our food; thereafter, our food makes us." - Winston Churchill (with a slight modification)
Reply
"We make our food; thereafter, our food makes us." - Winston Churchill (with a slight modification)
Reply
post #44 of 54

I was just there last week.

 

Skip Acme Oyster House....TOO touristy.

 

On my list is:

 

Have a Sazerac Cocktail at the Bar in the Roosevelt...just to say you've done it.

Cafe Du' monde...same

 

Cochon and/or Herbsaint

August

Bayona

Mothers - for lunch.

 

Emeril's surprisingly, is really good.

 

 

visit the WW2 museum...even if you don't like museums or ww2.   the restaurant attached (i forget that it's called) is good too.

post #45 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMcMurphy View Post

 

Have a Sazerac Cocktail at the Bar in the Roosevelt...just to say you've done it.

 

I enjoy sazerac, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you like your drinks rather strong.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMcMurphy View Post

visit the WW2 museum...even if you don't like museums or ww2.   the restaurant attached (i forget that it's called) is good too.

 

It's called "American Sector", and it's a John Besh restaurant. I haven't been yet, but have heard it's worth checking out if you're at the museum.


 

"We make our food; thereafter, our food makes us." - Winston Churchill (with a slight modification)
Reply
"We make our food; thereafter, our food makes us." - Winston Churchill (with a slight modification)
Reply
post #46 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerm713 View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMcMurphy View Post

 

Have a Sazerac Cocktail at the Bar in the Roosevelt...just to say you've done it.

 

I enjoy sazerac, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you like your drinks rather strong.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMcMurphy View Post

visit the WW2 museum...even if you don't like museums or ww2.   the restaurant attached (i forget that it's called) is good too.

 

It's called "American Sector", and it's a John Besh restaurant. I haven't been yet, but have heard it's worth checking out if you're at the museum.


 


The  Sazerac is one of Americas 'original' cocktails. Definately mine and my wife's favorite cocktail. Especially when made properly.

 

I prefer it like this

The original recipe called for Sazerac Brandy, and later recipes call for American Rye. So Dale DeGroff combined them both. Dale also uses Angostura bitters as well as Peychaud's Bitters.

SAZERAC

2 Dashes Peychauds Bitters
2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
1 oz. Rye Whiskey
1 oz. VS Cognac
Splash of Ricard or Herbsaint
1/2 oz. Simple Syrup

 

  • Pack an Old-Fashioned glass with ice
  • In a second Old-Fashioned glass place the sugar cube and add the Peychaud's Bitters to it, then crush the sugar cube
  • Add the c Rye Whiskey and cognac to the second glass containing the Peychaud's Bitters and sugar
  • Empty the ice from the first glass and coat the glass with the Herbsaint, then discard the remaining Herbsaint
  • Empty the whiskey/bitters/sugar mixture from the second glass into the first glass and garnish with lemon peel

 

post #47 of 54
Thread Starter 

   RPM...I should have known if you would recommend a place for drinks that they would be made properly.  Thanks!

 

   Tyler, thanks for the suggestions.  Did you live in Louisiana previously?  I have always been so taken by the food, the loooooong history and people.  I just recently received a shipment from Jacob's, you just can't get a good andouille around here.  Most are way too fine of a grind and far too many spices, trying to be what they think La. is.  I recently purchased a sassafras tree too!  The nursery states they'll do find in Illinois.  I've eaten at August, and it was good.  I'll have to look into American Sector.

 

   Have you been to any of the John Folse properties?  I love the food and all...but I'm looking for some other things around the area that we could visit that really display what Louisiana is.  You know...the type of thing where you jump in the rental car and have a nice half a day or so.

 

 

     thanks all!

   dan

post #48 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post

   RPM...I should have known if you would recommend a place for drinks that they would be made properly.  Thanks!

 

   Tyler, thanks for the suggestions.  Did you live in Louisiana previously?  I have always been so taken by the food, the loooooong history and people.  I just recently received a shipment from Jacob's, you just can't get a good andouille around here.  Most are way too fine of a grind and far too many spices, trying to be what they think La. is.  I recently purchased a sassafras tree too!  The nursery states they'll do find in Illinois.  I've eaten at August, and it was good.  I'll have to look into American Sector.

 

   Have you been to any of the John Folse properties?  I love the food and all...but I'm looking for some other things around the area that we could visit that really display what Louisiana is.  You know...the type of thing where you jump in the rental car and have a nice half a day or so.

 

 

     thanks all!

   dan



I grew up in Louisiana and went to school at LSU. Most of my friends are from New Orleans, and I spent plenty of time there when I lived in Baton Rouge. My fiance's family also lived there for about two years.

 

If you're a beer drinker, drive across the Causeway (a really interesting drive) to Abita Springs and visit one of the largest microbreweries in the country. You can tour the brewery and have a few drinks at the Abita Brew Pub. They usually have a few beers that they have brewed up that they don't release to the public and are only available at the Pub.

 

A trip to Lafayette will be a great cultural immersion. Go to Maurice, just south of Lafayette, and eat at Hebert's Specialty Meats, the home of the turducken (and innumerable Cajun goodies). It would be a great way to see what Cajun food and culture is all about. New Orleans, with the exception of a few places, is either contemporary French or Creole cuisine, so it might be a nice contrast.

"We make our food; thereafter, our food makes us." - Winston Churchill (with a slight modification)
Reply
"We make our food; thereafter, our food makes us." - Winston Churchill (with a slight modification)
Reply
post #49 of 54

the best time I had when in New Orleans was going to a paddleboat casino. don't remember the name or even where it was. won 400 bucks playing roulette, had a decent meal (finally) then got up at 5 am to start cleanup again. The rest of the 4 months I was there was pretty terrible. I ate a lot at a place called Super Asian Buffet, mostly eating a plate of raw vegetables first then going back and trying the cooked foods. Was the most diverse place for a vegetable at the time. Half the restaurants were closed and the rest were happy just being able to serve a hamburger and fries at the time.

 

 

ps: RPM- That sounds like a serious drink

"In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women, and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. "
Reply
"In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women, and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. "
Reply
post #50 of 54
Thread Starter 

    Just got back in the cold Chicago area!  My wife and I had a real great time. I'll try to more specific about the places we went to eat and what we thought of them in another post, maybe tomorrow.  Some places I was really impressed with were Elizabeth's for breakfast, The Joint for bbq (my gosh is this guy good!), Cochon did pork right, Besh's Domenica had some great rustic Italian food...and one of the most refreshing things was the music on Frenchmen St!!!

 

 

    enjoy the food all!

 

  dan

post #51 of 54
Thread Starter 

    Audubon Park is real nice too.  I love the moss on all the Live Oaks.

  Here's a couple of pics from The Joint

    IMG_20110124_115247.jpg

   IMG_20110124_115041.jpg


    IMG_20110124_110842.jpg

   and one on Frenchmen St.  I'm going to see Stanley Clarke and Victor Wooten in March...and I've got no problem admitting that these kids kicked some jazz a&&.

     IMG_20110123_014116.jpg

 



   IMG_20110120_195451.jpg
   We ate at the Chef's food bar at Cochon.  we ate so much food there...the line was great and knew exactly what we were doing by ordering so many apps and sooo many entrees, and then sharing them all between the four of us.  But the server didn't get it at all...we were passing food between all four of us and the waitress, at one point, asked our wives if they were going to order...WHAT!  Luckily the line cooks got it, and cooked us more than a few goodies that they just passed to us.  The rabbit and dumplin's were good, the rabbit livers with pepper jelly, cracklin', skin on pork loin was great, in fact...everything there was pretty darn good...but perhaps one of the best parts of the dishes (I almost hate to admit) were some greens cooked in a lovely amount of pork fat and wonderfully seasoned.

  Domenica, another Besh restaurant, was great.  I had the tasting w/wine pairing last time at August, which was good too.  At Domenica we got the full charcuterie and cheese plate, octopus carpaccio, wood roasted sardines, stracci, papardelle con ragu, truffles and pancetta risotto, roasted mangalista pork shoulder and roast goat loin (I feel like I'm forgetting something)...all were very well done.  

   Kpauls...I went in here with very low expectations, just because of the way everyone has spoken about the place.  I went there twice and thought it was pretty good.  Now, his gumbo does have a little different flavor to it, but I thought it was a welcome change...and still a nice dark roux.  The red beans and rice were done nice, nothing fancy...but they shouldn't be.  The breaded pork chop for lunch was so so.  Dinner we ordered a few more things (like usual) and everything was really nicely done (a bit better than lunch).  I was hoping to get a signed menu, but he wasn't there either day.

 

 


   IMG_20110122_094148.jpg

   Elizabeth's for breakfast.  This was a small local place a bit out of the way, past the French Market.  I loved this place.  I walk in and they're playing some older doors (not the popular stuff) and it feels like a local diner.  Why in the world this place had the best poached eggs out of all the places we had them I don't know.  Even Commanders gave me only one ok poached egg.  Both of these were perfectly poached sitting atop a nice cornbeef hash.  

   When we were finishing up we were asking the server if there were any other great local spots that we may not have heard of, she gave us a few ideas.  But while this was happening another couple had heard us talking about food.  They quickly through a few questions out and we enthusiastically replied back.  They had a house in New York, New Jersey, New Orleans and another vacation spot on Long Island.  They were naming off all the top food spots to go all over.  They said they started living down in New Orleans some years ago.  They seemed to have a decent amount of money (I didn't ask)...but everything seemed to be about the food with them (they were maybe upper 50's).  We canceled our taxi ride back to the quarter and the couple gave us a great tour of the expanded New Orleans area.   We were jotting down places to eat and listen to music as fast as they were taking us past them.  What great people.  Only thing they asked in return was that we pass the word on to others about New Orleans.  Well, that shouldn't be tough to do!

    We hit so many places for gumbo, etoufee, Johnny's for po'boys, more gumbo and more gumbo, Port of Call, Snug...all real good.  The cook at the Coffee Pot had made us some special bowls of crab/corn chowder that we had had last time we were in NoLa...great flavor...tons of crab.  They weren't serving it on the menu this time...but we just asked if he had it again...and said that he would make it no problem!  Blue crab was in season...oysters, LA crawfish weren't in season (but we didn't figure they would be).  Hmmmm...GW Fins was actually pretty good.  I wasn't going to go there on this trip either just because the name sounded like a chain (don't ask me why).  But it was good...plus, Sunday night there isn't too much open for dinner.

   I thought The Joint was really spot on.  This guy can smoke.  It's way out in the middle of nowhere, but it opens at 11:30am.  I got the sampler and had to add a side of sausages (why do I always have to add sausage to a sampler plate).  Pulled pork, brisket, ribs, and Pouche's smoked chaurice was out of this world.

   Sucre on Magazine was a surprise for the sweet tooth.  They had real nice and incredibly tasty up scale (type) desserts.  Everything was outstanding...and we sampled a lot of what they had.  Oh yeah, the hot chocolate is real hot chocolate.  There are so many places.  We ended up going to Commander's Palace too.  The place has such a place in NoLa food...how could we not stop there.  The cemetery across the street was open for a nice stroll through a bit of history.  The food at Commanders was really good, not great...but good.  I thought the service was oddly clumsy.  They had all the elements, and bodies, to perform a full service dinner...but it seemed very awkward and clumsy.  We still had a wonderful time eating there.

    I would say the only two places that weren't real good was The Gumbo Shop, which just makes a so so bowl of gumbo.  On the plus side they have a nice variety and a good alligator sausage.  Not a bad bowl of gumbo by any means...but so many other places do it nicer.  Again, all gumbo is beautiful!

     (oh...we also had crab and alligator at either Cochon or Domenica)

   The one place that was actually bad, PatiosNola.  This was on the clear other side of town and was going to be one of our better dinners planned.  The mixed drinks were fabulous..nice and proper!  Some of the food we got was way under seasoned and other stuff was just way overcooked.  I mean...I would be ashamed to serve two of the dishes that they served us.  The roux in the gumbo was burnt.  It wasn't sorta burnt...it should have been thrown out and started over.  We had plenty of other dark roux gumbo's while we were there...I can't imagine that was what they were going for.  The pork belly was so overcooked you needed a drink to keep from chokin' on it while it went down.  Keep in mind...this was the better one after we sent one of them back!  Off night?  perhaps.  But this place has such a good reputation...some of that food shouldn't have been served to us.


    How can you not go on and on...

    The music...Frenchmen St (music) after 0400 the next morning!  Even the local art shops are great to go in.  M.S. Rau, at 610 Toulouse) is a must for everyone to go in and look.  This is a museum class antique store...they've got so much stuff it's just cool to look.  Hmmm...I think this may be one of the few places I didn't bring a beer into.

     When I retire I would love for my wife and I to rent a house there for 2 months out of the year.  I love the quarter and I believe you need the Quarter in New Orleans.  But New Orleans has so much more to offer if you're willing to venture out.

     I miss it already!

    
    
   

post #52 of 54
Thread Starter 

   Thank goodness I'll be heading down to NoLa again :)  It's been too long!  This time I'll be driving going through Beale Street then over to NoLa.

 

  Can't wait!

 

Dan

post #53 of 54

thumb.gif

 

enjoy dan!

from ...

My kitchen in the middle of the desert

A Hui Hou (until we met), ALOHA!

Reply

from ...

My kitchen in the middle of the desert

A Hui Hou (until we met), ALOHA!

Reply
post #54 of 54
Thread Starter 

Thanks Kaneohegirlinaz :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Food & Cooking
ChefTalk.com › ChefTalk Cooking Forums › Cooking Discussions › Food & Cooking › Is there anyplace that you would recommend I visit while down in New Orleans?