9 oz. sausages by Amy Santa Fe chicken sausages (minced)
12 medium chicken drumsticks
4 oz. onions, chopped fine
2 oz. scallions, chopped fine
4 oz. shallots, chopped fine
2 oz. green pepper, chopped fine
1 Tsp. ground thyme
1/2 Tsp. ground sage
1 Tsp. chili powder
1 oz. vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves
1/2 Tsp. salt
1/2 Tsp. basil
1 1/2 Tsp. ground red pepper
6 oz. corn bread crumbs
3 oz. all-purpose flour
- Clean and de-bone the drumsticks, set these aside.
- In a sauce pan, sauté onions, green peppers, scallions, shallots, and garlic in vegetable oil. Sauté until they are tender.
- Add the sautéed Fe sausages, thyme, sage, basil, chili powder, and bread crumbs. Sauté until bread crumbs start to brown a little. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let stuffing cool.
- Mix flour, ground red pepper, and salt to make the coating.
- Stuff each drumstick with the cooked stuffing, secure each drumstick with a toothpick.
- Coat each drumstick in the flour mixture. In a hot sauté pan, add the vegetable oil and cook each drumstick till the outside is golden brown.
- Remove the drumsticks and lay them on a sheet pan (evenly spaced). Bake the drumsticks in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees.
- When finished, remove them from the oven and serve with your favorite tangy BBQ sauce.