4 tablespoons olive oil
1-1/2 pounds medium shrimp, shells and veins removed
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup white wine
4 plum tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon minced flatleaf parsley
1 tablespoon minced chervil
1 tablespoon minced chives
1 tablespoon minced tarragon
2 tablespoons unsalted butter (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet.
- Pat the shrimp dry and carefully add them to the hot oil.
- Sauté the shrimp for 2 minutes then add the garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Stir in the wine, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook the shrimp in the wine mixture, stirring gently for approximately 3 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced and created a light sauce.
- Stir in the parley, chervil, chives and tarragon.
- For a richer sauce add the butter and gently shake the pan until completely melted.
Yield: Servings 4