¼ cup chopped walnuts
¼ pound spaghetti
6 slices of bacon, chopped
1 medium onion, sliced (about 1 cup)
8 large eggs, lightly beaten
6 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed, cheese cut into small pieces
½ teaspoon freshly milled black pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Preheat the broiler to high. Spread the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and place under the broiler, about 5 inches from the heat source, until they just begin to brown, about 2 minutes.
2. Add the spaghetti to the boiling water and cook until just al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain well.
3. Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large, heavy, ovenproof skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 6 minutes. Transfer the bacon with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain, leaving the fat in the pan. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
4. Combine the eggs with the cooked spaghetti, the Brie, bacon, walnuts, 1 teaspoon salt, and the pepper. Remove the onion form the skillet with tongs and stir it into the spaghetti and egg mixture.
5. Add the oil to the drippings in the skillet and heat over medium heat. Pour the spaghetti and egg mixture into the pan and cook until the frittata is almost set in the center, about 5 minutes. Broil the frittata just until the top is lightly browned and the center has set, 2 to 3 minutes.
Recipe courtesy "Sara's Secrets for Weeknight Meals," written by Sarah Moulton, Broadway Books, 2005.