We had this discussion over at another catering forum last year.
a bride had emailed a similar request
here's the funny responses that other caterers came up with
"I would consider this if the bride wore our name on her wedding dress and the groom tattooed our logo on his forehead. The officiant and choir, before pronouncing them husband and wife, must also recite our new jingle. Our banners would be put up at the ceremony and reception, but must not be blocked by any wedding decor."
I actually cut and pasted that response to a similar ad on craigslist and got a reply from the bride
saying ""LOL yur funny"
another buddy took it a step further and posted
"THIS IS AWESOME!
I would TOTALLY do this. Like Steve, I have a few requirements:
1) My logo would have to be on BOTH the bride and groom, front and back. (smaller on the front, like a 6" lapel button for him and our sandwich wrappers around the bouquet, but a full 12" logo on the back with our website.)
2) The officiant would have to say "Welcome and thank you for coming to the NAME OF CATERING CO/, Smith/Jones Wedding." And every time they mentioned the bride and groom they would have to say our name.
3) The MC would have to mention our name at least 15 times during the evening and work it in like: "The NAME OF CATERING CO Happy couple are taking their first lap around the dance floor. While this may be their first time together, it is definitely not the first time for our caterer, insert NAME OF CATERING CO. They have done over a hundred weddings and specialize in special occasions just like this one. Please go visit the NAME OF CATERING CO booth at the back of the room to schedule YOUR bridal consultation..."
4) We get a booth inside the venue.
5) Every 10 minutes I would have a "little-person" on a mini horse ride through the venue shouting "yee-haw, get your grub on with NAME OF CATERING CO"
6) The bride's garter and corsage would have to be branded NAME OF CATERING CO logo gear
7) I get a 5 minute video played between the bride and groom dance and the cutting of the cake.
Crazy! I would TOTALLY propose those conditions to anyone that would suggest a sponsored wedding. Oh please, oh please, oh please call me!!!"
Just figured we could all use a laugh in this ever growing tougher economy.