I'm a senior studying at the John Folse Culinary Institute in a little town called Thibodaux (Louisiana). I have also studied at the Institute Paul Bocuse in Lyon, France. I graduate in May and have this assignment for my purchasing class to interview via internet/phone a professional in the industry. From these questions, I am required to write a short paper on my reaction to the answers. I figured all my friends and past coworkers in the business will be annoyed if I bug them with another one of these assignments. So if you don't mind answering a few questions about yourself and career. Please help out! I only need one person to answer. Thanks!!
1. How long have you been involved in food service procurement? Years and job experiences, please elaborate.
2. What portion of your job requires product selection? Work hours with Chef or end user to establish types and numbers of products needed.
3. What portion of you job hours are used for purchasing, including inventory, usage projections and ordering? How many hours per week?
4. Percentage wise what percent of you products are fresh, frozen and dry/canned?
5. What are some of the major trends you see affecting hospitality operations today?
6. What are some of the rewarding aspects of your job? What are some of the more trying aspects of your job?