Related Forum Threads
- Chocolate Sybil Cake Last post on 12/10/14 at 1:36pm in Recipes
- Best Ever Carrot Cake and Cream Cheese Icing Last post on 2/25/10 at 6:50am in Recipes
- Pastry flour & Cake flour Last post on 2/26/11 at 4:58pm in Pastries & Baking
- Why should I do this to a cheesecake? Last post on 12/25/09 at 2:48pm in Pastries & Baking
- Italian Dessert Last post on 9/30/06 at 3:50pm in Pastries & Baking
The Perfect Yellow Cake Recipe And Techniques
Last edited: 9/26/11
- Puff PastryLast edited: 1/21/12
- When Is A Cobbler A Grunt Making Sense Of American Fruit DessertsLast edited: 3/8/10
- How To Make A Chocolate SouffleLast edited: 2/28/10
- How To Prepare A Panna Cotta With Honey And StrawberriesLast edited: 2/16/10
So far im loving this school this is just my first semester so i can't judge to much but coming from my last school henry ford community college schoolcraft community college is so much better the...
The Chefs at The Chef's Academy in Indianapolis, In. Were amazing and knowledgeable. They showed interest with your creativity and looked forward to beating you with their hats when you did some...
I picked up one of these on sale with the intention of storing until Christmas. But that's a ways off, and I needed to verify it worked in case I needed to return it with in the warranty...
I've been looking for recipes and ideas I can ship off with my daughter to college and this book had a good variant idea on the one-pot meal. But the writing is chatty and cutesy. This doesn't...
A good tasting cake that is great 4 carvingpost #2 of 84/5/10 at 10:45ampost #3 of 84/6/10 at 1:51pmI've only carved a little, but I use either: A) pound cake. Freeze it though! The first time I carved with pound cake, I cheated and used the boxed Betty Crocker brand kind . B) sponge cake. I posted a recipe below that is pretty good tasting, and easy. Freeze it too! C) The cake that a crumb cake is usually part of. Without the crumbs, of course. I don't know if it works with ALL crumb cake-cakes but it worked with my recipe. I can't find it now, but if I find it, I'll inbox it to you, because it really worked amazing!
Sifted cake flour
Preheat oven, grease a small tube pan.
Oven Temp ~ 325° Baking Time ~ 30 Min.
Pan Type ~ small angel food pan
Beat egg yolks and sugar together until very light. Add water. Sift together flour and baking powder. Add to batter. Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake. Cool completely and invert onto cake platter. Prepare whipped cream and strawberries. To serve, slice cake in half and fill with half the whipped cream. Top with remaining whipped cream and strawberries.
(taken from www.recipes4cakes.com)
(instead, I used a sheet pan instead of an angel food cake pan)post #4 of 84/8/10 at 5:59pmThread Starterpost #5 of 84/14/10 at 5:58pmpost #6 of 86/9/10 at 5:05pmpost #7 of 87/26/10 at 6:05am
If you could remember what the teacher's favorite flavor or kind of a cake then you could go from there.
Another is if she has a European decent then you could also make the cake more special by making a cake that would make her remember of the beautiful memories back home.
I don't have a specific cake in mind though.
From the idea of dillonsmimi... when using fondant, probably you could have extra fondant decorations to be placed around the cake.
I do have a simple but will become dainty if the teacher is female.
A bundt cake with a white icing and in the middle of the cake would be different berries. When the cake has been covered with white icing, the extra fruits could be around the bottom part of the cake.post #8 of 87/26/10 at 7:54am
I've carved and pieced together this one a few times including a curled-up sleeping baby dragon. Its robust and oil-based so it doesn't dry out too much while working.
Soonafai's Moist Chocky Cake
2C Caster sugar
3C S/R Flour
3 tsp Baking soda
3 Egg whites
2 Tsp Malt vinegar
2Tsp Golden syrup
2tsp Vanilla essence
Sift & combine dry ingredients reserving a little sugar. Beat whites until stiff, beat in the reserved sugar. Combine milk and vinegar add other wets and beat. Combine wets and dries, fold in the whites. Bake 180C for 40-50 mins (cook time varies a bit).
This recipe was developed by a Samoan lady for her husband and sons then won a national radio comp. as the supreme recipe...you go, girl!"Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans."
Allen Saunders, 1957."Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans."
Allen Saunders, 1957.
- A good tasting cake that is great 4 carving
- Puff Pastry
- › Nakiri vs Kiritsuke $200 or less 5 minutes ago
- › Utah Jello Haiku contest 26 minutes ago
- › Pricing coffee service 30 minutes ago
- › Introduction and Need for Help! 51 minutes ago
- › slow cooker vs oven braise vs pressure cooker 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › How To Make An Amazing Tuna Fish Sandwich? 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › turkey 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › Shared kitchen space in the Denver area 3 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Help finding commercial kitchen 3 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › kitchen rental 4 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Anova WiFi Sous Vide Precision Cooker, Black by phatch
- › Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off... by phatch
- › Iwatani Gas Cassette Burner Stove by eastshores
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by tessy
- › Wine Bottle Cooler Stick - 3-in-1 Stainless Steel Wine Chiller... by majorc
- › Meat Thermometer - Instant Read LCD Screen Auto Shut-Off with Long... by majorc
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by freshbaked