advantages ? disadvanrages?
Related Forum Threads
- Searching for professional-level petit four cookbook Last post on 12/15/10 at 10:48am in Cookbook Reviews
- DCT SWITZERLAND EUROPEAN PASTRY & CHOCOLATE Last post on 7/15/10 at 2:42pm in General Culinary School Discussions
- Pastry chefs "or not" and wine Last post on 12/20/01 at 8:42pm in Pairing Food and Wine
- Nestle's Chocobake Last post on 8/9/14 at 9:21am in Pastries & Baking
- vegan desserts, no oil... what do?? Last post on 7/8/14 at 7:21pm in Professional Pastry Chefs
Last edited: 1/21/12
- When Is A Cobbler A Grunt Making Sense Of American Fruit DessertsLast edited: 3/8/10
- How To Make A Chocolate SouffleLast edited: 2/28/10
- How To Prepare A Panna Cotta With Honey And StrawberriesLast edited: 2/16/10
- Custards Last Stand Cooking CustardsLast edited: 2/16/10
I graduated in '95 and went back this past Thanksgiving w my 9yo daughter. We eat at the French restaurant, Escoffier. It was great! You get what you pay for. The problem is that many of the...
I attended the professional chef course chef at Italian Chef Academy in Rome chef academy course in January 2017 and both chefs and cooking lessons were fantastic. I have just finished my...
A very good way to get into Japanese blades since very good bang for the buck. Familiar blade and handle shape. Very good steel, comes with and keeps a good sharp edge ... but if you need to touch...
I picked up the Miyabi 8" chef's (600D) as an upgrade to my Henckels when I found it on sale and was not disappointed. Feels a bit lighter and more agile in the hand compared to the Germans since...
Wüsthof is one of the "big name" Germans for a reason, over 200 years. Their professional tier lines are all solid, and the choice may end up being just personal taste over the exact look/material...
chocolate viscositypost #2 of 74/8/10 at 6:23pmAs you probably know, cocoa butter is usually used. If you were spraying to get a high gloss finish, then I don't think butter would yield good results- once dry, the result would be very matt and dull. To achieve a gloss finish you would have to add the butter to the chocolate below 30Celcius and then it would be impossible to spray (you would have to reheat it-but this can lead to a dull look also, but less so)
On the other hand, if you were to spray a frozen cake to achieve that velvet effect, then it could possibly work, it'd probably have a different mouth feel - but might be worth a try if you can't get your hands on cocoa butter.post #3 of 74/9/10 at 3:41amThread Starterpost #4 of 74/9/10 at 9:33ampost #5 of 74/12/10 at 7:35ampost #6 of 75/16/10 at 8:43am
- chocolate viscosity
- When Is A Cobbler A Grunt Making Sense Of American Fruit Desserts
Currently, there are 549 Active Users (3 Members and 546 Guests)
- › Buying Advice Japanese Chef Knife 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Chefs mid-life crisis 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Hello hello hello! 2 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › anyone know of any good Commercial Kitchen Rentals in... 3 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Forest cooking videos 5 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › New gyuto 210-240mm range. 6 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Salón de gourmets 12 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Custom knifes 13 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Hello everyone! 14 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › seafood sausage help 14 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by hchaz
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by jordanfood
- › Tojiro-DP Chef's Knife 9.4" (24cm) by captainbligh
- › Miyabi Morimoto Edition 8-Inch Chef Knife by captainbligh
- › Wsthof Grand Prix II 8-Inch Cook's Knife by captainbligh
- › Global 8-Inch 20cm Cook's Knife by NikoBleau
- › John Boos Newton Prep Master Maple Wood Reversible Cutting Board... by ChrisLehrer
- › The Art of French Pastry by Jacquy Pfeiffer by OCDshaver
- › Norton 614636855653 IB8 1-by-2-by-8-Inch Fine/Coarse India... by Scott Livesey
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by tobe999
- › Some Myths About Beef and Cattle
- › Food Safety As Kitchen Culture
- › Cranberry/Orange Parfait with Chocolate Sauce...
- › Vegan Cuisine - It's Not Just Bean Curd...
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise
- › A "No Turkey" Thanksgiving-Roast Pork
- › Caramelized Cauliflower