advantages ? disadvanrages?
Related Forum Threads
- Searching for professional-level petit four cookbook Last post on 12/15/10 at 10:48am in Cookbook Reviews
- DCT SWITZERLAND EUROPEAN PASTRY & CHOCOLATE Last post on 7/15/10 at 2:42pm in General Culinary School Discussions
- Pastry chefs "or not" and wine Last post on 12/20/01 at 8:42pm in Pairing Food and Wine
- Nestle's Chocobake Last post on 8/9/14 at 9:21am in Pastries & Baking
- vegan desserts, no oil... what do?? Last post on 7/8/14 at 7:21pm in Professional Pastry Chefs
Last edited: 1/21/12
- When Is A Cobbler A Grunt Making Sense Of American Fruit DessertsLast edited: 3/8/10
- How To Make A Chocolate SouffleLast edited: 2/28/10
- How To Prepare A Panna Cotta With Honey And StrawberriesLast edited: 2/16/10
- Custards Last Stand Cooking CustardsLast edited: 2/16/10
I'm heading into my 4th summer with this factory refurbished machine. It has been reliable and does the job it is intended to do very well, though a bit loudly. I use it heavily during the summer...
Overall, since purchasing this knife, I have not been disappointed at all. The highlights, begin with the rounded hilt and blade top, which reduce the stress on the palms and make calluses a...
I've owned this tenderizer for about a year and a half. Alton Brown talked about the joys of a 48-blade cutter for turning cheap, tough pieces of beef into actually cubed meat -- meat that's...
Alton Brown talked about the joys of a 48-blade cutter like this for turning cheap, tough pieces of beef into actually cubed meat -- meat that's perforated to make it tender. So I bought one with...
I have four Microplanes in my knife drawer: two zester/graters, one ribbon grater, and one spice grater. Mine all date back to the "classic series," meaning they have the black plastic handle --...
chocolate viscositypost #2 of 74/8/10 at 6:23pmAs you probably know, cocoa butter is usually used. If you were spraying to get a high gloss finish, then I don't think butter would yield good results- once dry, the result would be very matt and dull. To achieve a gloss finish you would have to add the butter to the chocolate below 30Celcius and then it would be impossible to spray (you would have to reheat it-but this can lead to a dull look also, but less so)
On the other hand, if you were to spray a frozen cake to achieve that velvet effect, then it could possibly work, it'd probably have a different mouth feel - but might be worth a try if you can't get your hands on cocoa butter.post #3 of 74/9/10 at 3:41amThread Starterpost #4 of 74/9/10 at 9:33ampost #5 of 74/12/10 at 7:35ampost #6 of 75/16/10 at 8:43am
- chocolate viscosity
- When Is A Cobbler A Grunt Making Sense Of American Fruit Desserts
Currently, there are 472 Active Users (6 Members and 466 Guests)
- › Are patena's good or bad? 3 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Re-stacking Ovens 4 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Should Etoufee be sweet? 4 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › What knives do you sharpen the most often? 5 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › Canada or US ?? 5 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Red Writing Hood 6 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › May 2017 Cooking Challenge: Fish! 6 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › What's in your kniferoll? 6 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Pizza in the Combi Oven? 7 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › I've come for a visit 13 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt,... by ChicagoTerry
- › Friedr. Dick 1905 Exclusive Series 10-Inch Chef's Knife by JVKolich
- › Jaccard Supertendermatic 48-Blade Tenderizer by HeidiCooksSuppe
- › Loen 48-blade Meat Tenderizer Meat Neddle (White) by HeidiCooksSuppe
- › Microplane 46220 Premium Zester/Grater, Turquoise by HeidiCooksSuppe
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by hchaz
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by jordanfood
- › Tojiro-DP Chef's Knife 9.4" (24cm) by captainbligh
- › Miyabi Morimoto Edition 8-Inch Chef Knife by captainbligh
- › Wsthof Grand Prix II 8-Inch Cook's Knife by captainbligh
- › Roasted Chinese Pork Belly
- › An Oven Roasted Suckling Pig
- › Some Myths About Beef and Cattle
- › Food Safety As Kitchen Culture
- › Cranberry/Orange Parfait with Chocolate Sauce...
- › Vegan Cuisine - It's Not Just Bean Curd...
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise