My husband and I went to a local steakhouse in our area called Stoney River. For desert we ordered the larges most decadent piece of chocolate cake I ever ate. It was called the "Triple Layer Chocolate Ganache Cake." It was huge, and it was delicious. Anyway, I was wondering if there were any pastry chefs out there that happened to know the break down of that special cake. I would love to make it. Unfortunately when you ask a waiter or waitress in establishments like that, they guard the recipes of their top selling products. Never understood that. I had learned from one of the biggest pioneers in Calebaut chocolate, and he gave up his secrets with no problems at all. Let me know if anybody at all has any details.
Related Forum Threads
- Mars Bar Cake - need a recipe pls... Last post on 6/20/10 at 9:00am in Food & Cooking
- Adapting German's Chocolate cake for bund pan Last post on 11/23/09 at 12:50pm in Pastries & Baking
- recipe for a Chocolate Eruption Cake Last post on 6/1/09 at 11:40am in Recipes
- Need info on chocolate mousse Last post on 5/20/09 at 12:01pm in Pastries & Baking
- convert to chocolate cake using cocoa powder Last post on 4/23/09 at 3:40am in Pastries & Baking
The Perfect Yellow Cake Recipe And Techniques
Last edited: 9/26/11
- How To Make Ice Cream Without An Ice Cream MachineLast edited: 12/11/10
I bought this as an experiment and I am very happy with it. As I have tried it for cooking more things, it has exceeded my expectations. I can sautee at a high or low temperature, I can simmer...
I had seen these before but thought they were too limited in use. Then a friend gave me this one. It converted me with the first use. A bit of a downward chop from one end and rocking rolling...
Almost 6 years ago we purchased this slicer and it's still going strong. I believe I originally posted something in equipment reviews so hopefully, this can serve as an update. The first item...
Last year, we had some money remaining on a gift card and while we purchased this item almost as an impulse and what a terrific find it was. Already owning a truly great large capacity food...
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) in Boston MA, offers both certificate and A.S. degree programs in both Culinary Arts and Baking & Pastry Arts. Although BHCC has an enrollment of over 12,000...
- How To Make Ice Cream Without An Ice Cream Machine
Death by Triple Chocolate Ganache Cake
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You worked with someone from Callebaut so perhaps see their website www.callebaut.com for suitable ideas.
Unfortunately when you ask a waiter or waitress in establishments like that, they guard the recipes of their top selling products. Never understood that. I had learned from one of the biggest pioneers in Calebaut chocolate, and he gave up his secrets with no problems at all. Let me know if anybody at all has any details.
The reason why alot of chefs don't give up their recipes to people they don't know is that most of them have worked damn hard to get them- through earning the respect of the chefs around them or through their own experimentation and also because some of these recipes are not theirs to give.
Personally, I think most chefs would pass on most recipes to dedicated workmates, a loyal customer or someone that they feel is genuinely interested in learning, but most don't give them out anyone who happens to ask-nor should they have to really.
Edited by cakeface - 4/11/10 at 6:16pm
- Death by Triple Chocolate Ganache Cake
- › prep cook entry level interview questions?? 16 minutes ago
- › This is a new low for my new local grocery store. 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Warm potato salad 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › This is going to sound dumb, but... 2 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 2 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Quick fixes, shortcuts and cheats... 3 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Prime Rib Butchery and uses 3 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Royal Range Equipment 3 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Chef consultant needed 3 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Advice on knife sharpening 4 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Presto 06626 11 inch Electric Skillet w/glass lid by OregonYeti
- › American Metalcraft PKR20 Stainless Steel Rocker Pizza Knife, 20-Inch by phatch
- › Chef's Choice 662 International Professional Electric Food... by oldschool1982
- › Cuisinart CGC-4BCPC - Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor by oldschool1982
- › Bunker Hill Community College - Culinary Arts Program by Joyo
- › Demeyere 7-ply pans by ChrisBelgium
- › Le Creuset Magnetik by ChrisBelgium
- › Savage Supply Co. "Rocco" Knife Roll by Jim Berman
- › Better Than Bouillon - Clam Base - 8 oz. by chefedb
- › Nutri Bullet NBR-12 12-Piece Hi-Speed Blender/Mixer System by PassTheGravy
- › Leaving the Business: The Dark Side
- › Infiltrating The Kitchen!
- › Perfect Choux Pastry
- › The Secret to a Sexy Fettuccine Alfredo
- › Milanese Creamy Pesto
- › Steak Cooking 101 (home/indoor) by a Pro
- › Chef shortcuts for holiday goodies
- › Forgotten Christmas Candy - Divinity and...
- › Der Kuchen
- › Keeping Great Employees