My husband and I went to a local steakhouse in our area called Stoney River. For desert we ordered the larges most decadent piece of chocolate cake I ever ate. It was called the "Triple Layer Chocolate Ganache Cake." It was huge, and it was delicious. Anyway, I was wondering if there were any pastry chefs out there that happened to know the break down of that special cake. I would love to make it. Unfortunately when you ask a waiter or waitress in establishments like that, they guard the recipes of their top selling products. Never understood that. I had learned from one of the biggest pioneers in Calebaut chocolate, and he gave up his secrets with no problems at all. Let me know if anybody at all has any details.
Related Forum Threads
- Mars Bar Cake - need a recipe pls... Last post on 6/20/10 at 9:00am in Food & Cooking
- Adapting German's Chocolate cake for bund pan Last post on 11/23/09 at 12:50pm in Pastries & Baking
- recipe for a Chocolate Eruption Cake Last post on 6/1/09 at 11:40am in Recipes
- Need info on chocolate mousse Last post on 5/20/09 at 12:01pm in Pastries & Baking
- convert to chocolate cake using cocoa powder Last post on 4/23/09 at 3:40am in Pastries & Baking
The Perfect Yellow Cake Recipe And Techniques
Last edited: 9/26/11
- Strawberry-Rhubarb ShortcakeLast edited: 5/15/16
- The Ultimate Adult Take on the "PB and J"Last edited: 5/8/16
- How To Make Ice Cream Without An Ice Cream MachineLast edited: 12/11/10
So far im loving this school this is just my first semester so i can't judge to much but coming from my last school henry ford community college schoolcraft community college is so much better the...
The Chefs at The Chef's Academy in Indianapolis, In. Were amazing and knowledgeable. They showed interest with your creativity and looked forward to beating you with their hats when you did some...
I picked up one of these on sale with the intention of storing until Christmas. But that's a ways off, and I needed to verify it worked in case I needed to return it with in the warranty...
I've been looking for recipes and ideas I can ship off with my daughter to college and this book had a good variant idea on the one-pot meal. But the writing is chatty and cutesy. This doesn't...
Death by Triple Chocolate Ganache Cake
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 24/11/10 at 5:56pmHi Stacien, I found your post confusing - you describe the cake as a death by chocolate with ganache layers- then ask for a 'breakdown' - but you have already 'broken it down' into its component parts yourself by describing it (a chocolate sponge (probably flourless with perhaps a chocolate film on the base) layered with ganache-(white, dark and/or milk))
You worked with someone from Callebaut so perhaps see their website www.callebaut.com for suitable ideas.
Quote:Originally Posted by stacien
Unfortunately when you ask a waiter or waitress in establishments like that, they guard the recipes of their top selling products. Never understood that. I had learned from one of the biggest pioneers in Calebaut chocolate, and he gave up his secrets with no problems at all. Let me know if anybody at all has any details.
The reason why alot of chefs don't give up their recipes to people they don't know is that most of them have worked damn hard to get them- through earning the respect of the chefs around them or through their own experimentation and also because some of these recipes are not theirs to give.
Personally, I think most chefs would pass on most recipes to dedicated workmates, a loyal customer or someone that they feel is genuinely interested in learning, but most don't give them out anyone who happens to ask-nor should they have to really.
Edited by cakeface - 4/11/10 at 6:16pm
- Death by Triple Chocolate Ganache Cake
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Shortcake
- › hot fudge sauce 3 minutes ago
- › Help Me Find Buy-it-For-Life Knives 34 minutes ago
- › Authentic Mexican? 41 minutes ago
- › Executive Chef 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › Anyone planning a Halloween horror dinner menu? 1 hour, 46 minutes ago
- › I'm the one cooking Thanksgiving dinner for the first time! 2 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 2 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › Does anyone use a meal delivery service? Plated, Hello Fresh, Blue... 3 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Beef Stock In the Oven- anyone? 3 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › What do they teach at a formal Culinary school? 4 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Anova WiFi Sous Vide Precision Cooker, Black by phatch
- › Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off... by phatch
- › Iwatani Gas Cassette Burner Stove by eastshores
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by tessy
- › Wine Bottle Cooler Stick - 3-in-1 Stainless Steel Wine Chiller... by majorc
- › Meat Thermometer - Instant Read LCD Screen Auto Shut-Off with Long... by majorc
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by freshbaked