My husband and I went to a local steakhouse in our area called Stoney River. For desert we ordered the larges most decadent piece of chocolate cake I ever ate. It was called the "Triple Layer Chocolate Ganache Cake." It was huge, and it was delicious. Anyway, I was wondering if there were any pastry chefs out there that happened to know the break down of that special cake. I would love to make it. Unfortunately when you ask a waiter or waitress in establishments like that, they guard the recipes of their top selling products. Never understood that. I had learned from one of the biggest pioneers in Calebaut chocolate, and he gave up his secrets with no problems at all. Let me know if anybody at all has any details.
Related Forum Threads
- Mars Bar Cake - need a recipe pls... Last post on 6/20/10 at 9:00am in Food & Cooking
- Adapting German's Chocolate cake for bund pan Last post on 11/23/09 at 12:50pm in Pastries & Baking
- recipe for a Chocolate Eruption Cake Last post on 6/1/09 at 11:40am in Recipes
- Need info on chocolate mousse Last post on 5/20/09 at 12:01pm in Pastries & Baking
- convert to chocolate cake using cocoa powder Last post on 4/23/09 at 3:40am in Pastries & Baking
The Perfect Yellow Cake Recipe And Techniques
Last edited: 9/26/11
- How To Make Ice Cream Without An Ice Cream MachineLast edited: 12/11/10
I've experimented with juicing over the years, not as a lifestyle by any means, but I do believe science backs up the fact that many vegetables have nutritional value that is lost during the...
Keep an eye out for discounts, I purchased two of these units and one of the two I was able to score a coupon code for a $50.00 discount! Sous Vide gear has been consistently coming down in...
The best recipes to prepare at home are not always those found on the latest cooking program or come from trying to replicate the goodness found at the hottest restaurant. Some recipes may even be...
I graduated in 1984 when tuition was about $8000 per year, expensive at the time. Back then there were fewer culinary programs around the country than there are now. CIA was considered the Harvard...
First I should say that I went here in 2010 and dropped out in 2013. I fell in love with Japanese Cuisine and after staging at a Japanese restaurant for free for one day, I learned everything I...
- How To Make Ice Cream Without An Ice Cream Machine
Death by Triple Chocolate Ganache Cake
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You worked with someone from Callebaut so perhaps see their website www.callebaut.com for suitable ideas.
Unfortunately when you ask a waiter or waitress in establishments like that, they guard the recipes of their top selling products. Never understood that. I had learned from one of the biggest pioneers in Calebaut chocolate, and he gave up his secrets with no problems at all. Let me know if anybody at all has any details.
The reason why alot of chefs don't give up their recipes to people they don't know is that most of them have worked damn hard to get them- through earning the respect of the chefs around them or through their own experimentation and also because some of these recipes are not theirs to give.
Personally, I think most chefs would pass on most recipes to dedicated workmates, a loyal customer or someone that they feel is genuinely interested in learning, but most don't give them out anyone who happens to ask-nor should they have to really.
Edited by cakeface - 4/11/10 at 6:16pm
- Death by Triple Chocolate Ganache Cake
- › Hello 28 minutes ago
- › Seattle, wa 29 minutes ago
- › Hello..! 30 minutes ago
- › Looking for a Gyuto 41 minutes ago
- › Unprofessional head chef 42 minutes ago
- › Checking in 50 minutes ago
- › Sous vide vegetables trial run 51 minutes ago
- › Rant about standards. 52 minutes ago
- › Steam table holding times 1 hour ago
- › A question to chefs 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Commercial Masticating Juicer, Black... by eastshores
- › Anova Sous Vide Immersion Circulator (Black) by eastshores
- › Polish Classic Recipes (Classics Series) by Jim Berman
- › Johnson and Wales University - Providence, RI by chefwriter
- › The Art Institute of California - Hollywood by ChefTorres87
- › J.A. Henckels International Forged Synergy 8-Inch Chef's Knife by 13krama
- › The Complete Guide to Northern Gulf Seafood by Pete
- › MAC MTH-80 8" Chef's Knife w/ Dimples by LovelyFeyd
- › John Boos Reversible End Grain Maple Chopping Block, 20 by 15 by... by wwatt7262
- › Northern Illinois University Hospitality Administration by JLomb