My husband and I went to a local steakhouse in our area called Stoney River. For desert we ordered the larges most decadent piece of chocolate cake I ever ate. It was called the "Triple Layer Chocolate Ganache Cake." It was huge, and it was delicious. Anyway, I was wondering if there were any pastry chefs out there that happened to know the break down of that special cake. I would love to make it. Unfortunately when you ask a waiter or waitress in establishments like that, they guard the recipes of their top selling products. Never understood that. I had learned from one of the biggest pioneers in Calebaut chocolate, and he gave up his secrets with no problems at all. Let me know if anybody at all has any details.
Related Forum Threads
- Mars Bar Cake - need a recipe pls... Last post on 6/20/10 at 9:00am in Food & Cooking
- Adapting German's Chocolate cake for bund pan Last post on 11/23/09 at 12:50pm in Pastries & Baking
- recipe for a Chocolate Eruption Cake Last post on 6/1/09 at 11:40am in Recipes
- Need info on chocolate mousse Last post on 5/20/09 at 12:01pm in Pastries & Baking
- convert to chocolate cake using cocoa powder Last post on 4/23/09 at 3:40am in Pastries & Baking
The Perfect Yellow Cake Recipe And Techniques
Last edited: 9/26/11
- How To Make Ice Cream Without An Ice Cream MachineLast edited: 12/11/10
I have been a student of this school. I paid the training package more expensive. I have only sold smoke, words and stories. Choose another school. Here the chefs are good, but the lessons are...
For many years I viewed a toaster oven as mostly a device that could toast bread or burn most anything else. To be fair, it had purposes like melting cheese on a sandwich, and, and.. well that's...
All in all a great thermometer, has the ability to be re calibrated, fast and reliable. The only down side is the tip but it's a double edged sword! It starts from a smaller thinner tip to to a...
The handle on this knife is very comfortable. Very balanced weight gives a natural feeling when using. The blade on this knife is a dream to work with, holds an edge for a long period of time and...
This thermometer is great. Very easy to use and clean, and a huge help when cooking something larger like a tenderloin or turkey
- How To Make Ice Cream Without An Ice Cream Machine
Death by Triple Chocolate Ganache Cake
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You worked with someone from Callebaut so perhaps see their website www.callebaut.com for suitable ideas.
Unfortunately when you ask a waiter or waitress in establishments like that, they guard the recipes of their top selling products. Never understood that. I had learned from one of the biggest pioneers in Calebaut chocolate, and he gave up his secrets with no problems at all. Let me know if anybody at all has any details.
The reason why alot of chefs don't give up their recipes to people they don't know is that most of them have worked damn hard to get them- through earning the respect of the chefs around them or through their own experimentation and also because some of these recipes are not theirs to give.
Personally, I think most chefs would pass on most recipes to dedicated workmates, a loyal customer or someone that they feel is genuinely interested in learning, but most don't give them out anyone who happens to ask-nor should they have to really.
Edited by cakeface - 4/11/10 at 6:16pm
- Death by Triple Chocolate Ganache Cake
- › What did you have for dinner? 13 minutes ago
- › I met a guy named Jim. Revisited. 20 minutes ago
- › What's the best way to tenderize pork butt before cooking? 31 minutes ago
- › Greetings fellow posters 31 minutes ago
- › Re: Mac Chef Series HB-85 49 minutes ago
- › Pickled mushroom question 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Are You Ready For Some Football? Food That Is 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › And Yet Another Request for Opinions About a Knife Set 2 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › getting ready to open restaurant 2 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Rabbit anatomy lesson, focus on removing silver skin, "visceral" fat 3 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by Fraccount
- › Oster TSSTTVMNDG Digital Large Capacity Toaster Oven,... by eastshores
- › Comark PDQ400 Slim Pocket Digital Thermometer by EverydayGourmet
- › Wusthof Classic Ikon 8-Inch Hollow Ground Cooks Knife, Black by SicariiX
- › Splash-Proof Super-Fast Thermapen (Gray) Instant Read Thermometer,... by Mahee Ferlini
- › Espressione CA4865 Supremma Super Automatic Coffee/Beverage System;... by Frustro
- › Monday Morning Cooking Club: The Food, the Stories, the Sisterhood by Cami
- › Kyocera Kyotop Damascus Pakka Handle 6.0 Inch Chef Knife by Mahee Ferlini
- › Wusthof Classic Ikon 3-1/2-Inch Peeling Knife, Black by 4Barry
- › Betty Crocker The Big Book of Cookies (Betty Crocker Big Book) by Cami
- › Perfect Choux Pastry
- › The Secret to a Sexy Fettuccine Alfredo
- › Milanese Creamy Pesto
- › Steak Cooking 101 (home/indoor) by a Pro
- › Chef shortcuts for holiday goodies
- › Forgotten Christmas Candy - Divinity and...
- › Der Kuchen
- › Keeping Great Employees
- › The Truth About Leftovers!
- › Packing in Festive Feasting (How To Make...