Related Forum Threads
- key lime cheese cake Last post on 10/11/10 at 1:45am in Pastries & Baking
- high-ratio cake problem Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:38pm in Professional Pastry Chefs
- Mars Bar Cake - need a recipe pls... Last post on 6/20/10 at 9:00am in Food & Cooking
- Can anyone identify this cake? Last post on 6/10/10 at 4:06pm in Pastries & Baking
- Death by Triple Chocolate Ganache Cake Last post on 4/11/10 at 5:56pm in Pastries & Baking
The Perfect Yellow Cake Recipe And Techniques
Last edited: 9/26/11
- Strawberry-Rhubarb ShortcakeLast edited: 5/15/16
- The Ultimate Adult Take on the "PB and J"Last edited: 5/8/16
- How To Make Ice Cream Without An Ice Cream MachineLast edited: 12/11/10
So far im loving this school this is just my first semester so i can't judge to much but coming from my last school henry ford community college schoolcraft community college is so much better the...
The Chefs at The Chef's Academy in Indianapolis, In. Were amazing and knowledgeable. They showed interest with your creativity and looked forward to beating you with their hats when you did some...
I picked up one of these on sale with the intention of storing until Christmas. But that's a ways off, and I needed to verify it worked in case I needed to return it with in the warranty...
I've been looking for recipes and ideas I can ship off with my daughter to college and this book had a good variant idea on the one-pot meal. But the writing is chatty and cutesy. This doesn't...
Sorbet on cake....post #1 of 45/24/10 at 12:59amThread Starter...is like cheese on fish. Or, at least I have had the belief that putting a quenelle of sorbet ON a warmed dessert is a culinary no-no. Ice cream creates a self-saucing dessert. As the ice cream melts on a warm cake or tart, it turns into an anglaise, which is a great sauce and accompaniment. Sorbet on the other hand just melts into sugar water. Ugh - I wouldn't want to drink it and don't want it making my cake soggy.But, I have lately had reason to question this and would love to hear your thoughts on it. There is a warm dessert on our menu that the chef wanted paired with sorbet. A food critic came in and raved about it, so it soon became the go-to dessert to send out comp to any VIP. So, I have to ask, is it just me? Is there any pairing you can think of where sorbet would work on a warm dessert?post #2 of 45/31/10 at 10:03am
You don't have to serve the sorbet on top of the warm dessert do you? Why not serve it off to the side of the dessert or in it's own ramekin?post #3 of 46/6/10 at 10:15pm
I agree with Chefpeon, and with you I suppose. Sorbet has no place on top of a warm dessert. In fact, I generally don't like adding any frozen element on top of a warm dessert. If I wanted it melted, I wouldn't have taken so much care to make sure that it was frozen properly. Sorbet especially.post #4 of 46/7/10 at 2:28pmThread Starter
- Sorbet on cake....
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Shortcake
- › Chef Schedule 50 minutes ago
- › Help Me Find Buy-it-For-Life Knives 2 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › My birthday is this week! 3 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Hello is choosing chef job is wise idea? 3 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › Feet in excruciating pain after 13 hour shift 4 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Failing Practical exam for CC twice 7 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › When fancy plating fails? 7 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 7 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Holding Baozi during service 8 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Cooking Challenge: Squash 8 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Anova WiFi Sous Vide Precision Cooker, Black by phatch
- › Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off... by phatch
- › Iwatani Gas Cassette Burner Stove by eastshores
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by tessy
- › Wine Bottle Cooler Stick - 3-in-1 Stainless Steel Wine Chiller... by majorc
- › Meat Thermometer - Instant Read LCD Screen Auto Shut-Off with Long... by majorc
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by freshbaked