Thanks Ishbel! Will do!
- categoryDutch Ovenstagged by System, 5/26/10
- itemEmile Henry Flame Top 4.2-Quart Round Oven, Redtagged by Nicko, 3/8/14
- brandLe Creusettagged by System, 5/26/10
- itemLe Creuset Enameled Cast-Iron 7-1/4-Quart Round Dutch Oven, Dijontagged by System, 5/26/10
- brandLodgetagged by System, 9/16/10
Related Forum Threads
- Dutch Oven-Lodge or LeCreuset? Last post on 2/25/08 at 12:01pm in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- Warranty on Martha Stewart ironware?? Last post on 3/10/10 at 2:43pm in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- Got a new Le Creuset cast iron dutch oven, now what? Last post on 11/26/10 at 1:12pm in Recipes
- Le Crueset Burned Debris Last post on 4/27/05 at 5:34pm in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- The Le Creuset Pot Last post on 3/1/14 at 6:24pm in Cooking Equipment Reviews
Cast Iron Dutch Oven Basics
Last edited: 10/27/10
- Camp Cooking Dutch Oven CookingLast edited: 2/16/10
- Dutch Oven 101Last edited: 7/30/14
- Seasoning Dutch Ovens Along The WayLast edited: 2/16/10
- Dutch Oven CookingLast edited: 2/16/10
So far im loving this school this is just my first semester so i can't judge to much but coming from my last school henry ford community college schoolcraft community college is so much better the...
The Chefs at The Chef's Academy in Indianapolis, In. Were amazing and knowledgeable. They showed interest with your creativity and looked forward to beating you with their hats when you did some...
I picked up one of these on sale with the intention of storing until Christmas. But that's a ways off, and I needed to verify it worked in case I needed to return it with in the warranty...
I've been looking for recipes and ideas I can ship off with my daughter to college and this book had a good variant idea on the one-pot meal. But the writing is chatty and cutesy. This doesn't...
buying a dutch oven - Page 2post #31 of 332/14/11 at 9:41am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 332/15/11 at 6:48am
For the normal medium/large sizes I reco Tramontina less than $50 and no appreciable difference from Le Creuset. You can order them from Wlamart and have them delivered to the store free. ATK tested Tramontina and agreed there was no appreciable difference between them and le Creuset. Downside is they only offer red and green and the plastic knobs needs to be replaced with steel for hot oven use (over 400ºF or such). I've been using Tramontina for 5 years or more and had no problems. I also bought another half dozen over the years for friends and family. I don't see any difference between them and Staub in terms of quality. No chips, no scratches, no discoloring- I don't abuse them. I use them a lot for no knead bread. I just wrapped the knob in tinfoil.
I also wanted some smaller sizes and invested in Staub. The only drawback to Staub is the dark interior.post #33 of 3311/2/12 at 4:36pm
Hi...I know this is an older forum...but I have the same situation as yours. I damaged my Le Creuset that I got from my wedding in 2000. Can I ask how you tell Le Creuset that prompted them to sell a replacement for only 25% of the sales price?
Any input will be appreciated.
- buying a dutch oven
- Camp Cooking Dutch Oven Cooking
- › Thanks to everyone... 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › My pan got pretty messed up, what to do? 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › Knives help. :) 2 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 2 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Rolling mozzarella 3 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › When fancy plating fails? 3 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Cooking Challenge: Squash 3 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › I'm the one cooking Thanksgiving dinner for the first time! 6 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › What should I pay a venue for kitchen use 6 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Troubleshooting with Italian Meringue Buttercream 7 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Anova WiFi Sous Vide Precision Cooker, Black by phatch
- › Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off... by phatch
- › Iwatani Gas Cassette Burner Stove by eastshores
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by tessy
- › Wine Bottle Cooler Stick - 3-in-1 Stainless Steel Wine Chiller... by majorc
- › Meat Thermometer - Instant Read LCD Screen Auto Shut-Off with Long... by majorc
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by freshbaked