I know not many people like okra but I love this slimy veggie. What do you do with it? Here's a recipe I invented just the other day, it came out very nice.
- 1 bag frozen baby okra
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs cut in 1in cubes
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 cup white rice
1. Brown the chicken then remove and set aside.
2. Sweat the onions, peppers and chili flakes
3. Add the okra and sweat, then stir in the tomatoes.
4. Add a cup of water, the chicken, season, cover, and let it stew for 15 minutes until okra is falling apart and chicken is tender.
5. Stir in the rice and sautee. Add water, cover, and let the rice cook threw.
I know it sounds kinda strange but it really worked.
TIP - if you want to limit the slime from the okra toss it in a little vinegar and let it sit for 5 minutes before you cook it. Then rinse.