Any ideas on making a mexican salad with a dressing to go along with it?
Related Forum Threads
- mexican buffet Last post on 7/14/03 at 1:08pm in Professional Catering
- taco bell Last post on 8/15/02 at 8:16pm in Food & Cooking
- Mystery Mexican cookie! Last post on 9/13/10 at 10:12am in Recipes
- Red and Green Sauces for Mexican Food Last post on 6/2/10 at 5:33am in Professional Chefs
- Looking for some new twist on mexican food Last post on 6/1/10 at 8:40pm in Food & Cooking
Mexican Food Recipes Guacamole
Last edited: 4/6/11
- Mexican Food Recipes ChampurradoLast edited: 2/28/11
- Mexican Food Recipes Flour TortillasLast edited: 3/19/10
- Quest for Zippy Mac Salad Recipe via kaneohegirlinazLast edited: 1/6/16
- Making Salads With Gourmet LettuceLast edited: 2/16/10
I've been looking for recipes and ideas I can ship off with my daughter to college and this book had a good variant idea on the one-pot meal. But the writing is chatty and cutesy. This doesn't...
I have to say it never occurred to me that such a unit would exist until I was working at one of my companies events and they had a catered breakfast in which the caterers would cook omelets to...
WARNING!!! Want to lose your money? Welcome to Italian Chef Academy! If you read this message before choose the school,please close their website and forget you've ever seen it - I wish somebody...
by 11 dollars, i can enjoy the wine better I really like drinking the wine but i don’t like the wine really cold, so I don't like to store it in the refrigerator. When I received the wine...
the probe features big digits on a LCD screen and has simple buttons as well as a long tip. I love how fast it reads the temperature! It definitely takes 5 seconds or less consistently. I've used...
Mexican Saladspost #1 of 56/15/10 at 8:50pmThread Starterpost #2 of 56/15/10 at 9:34pm
Well, salad in the sense of green salad isn't a very Mexican sort of dish, so one has to adapt.
There is, of course, Caesar Cardini's classic Caesar Salad, made in Tijuana in days of yore, but somehow I suspect this isn't what you have in mind.
I would start with a basic green salad and add some classic Mexican raw vegetables, such as the ingredients of your basic salsas crudas and guacamole: tomato or tomatillo, white onion, fresh not-too-hot chiles (e.g. seeded poblanos), avocado cubes. Radish slices would be excellent. Maybe sear some fresh corn kernels blazing hot until golden, let cool, and add to the dressing. For the dressing, I'd make a rough vinaigrette with cilantro, lime juice, just a dab of mustard for stability, a dash of cumin (or better, toasted oregano), and some mild olive oil, then toss the corn in this (if using) and dress the salad.
You could certainly add various pickled vegetables, like nopales (nopal cactus pads), carrots, radishes, and so on. There are also lightly-cooked vegetables allowed to cool, including zucchini and other squashes, which you might toss over high heat with a little toasted oregano.
Remember that one of the great arts of a decent salad is to take things out. It's sort of like Coco Chanel: before you complete the dish, take something off. Keep it very simple, fresh, and seasonal. Just use things that come up a lot in Mexico, and you're fine.post #3 of 56/20/10 at 11:17pmpost #4 of 56/21/10 at 9:33am
- Mexican Salads
- Mexican Food Recipes Champurrado
- › July 2016 Cooking Challenge - On the grill 20 minutes ago
- › What is a good Zaatar to Sumac ratio? 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Commercial Pie Oven - Which One? 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › new knife on kickstarter 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › Help with making a recipe 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › Spinach and artichoke oysters 5 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Maine lobster vs Canadian Lobster 12 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Hi everybody 12 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › A little day-off introspection 13 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Which Japanese chefs knive? 15 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off... by phatch
- › Iwatani Gas Cassette Burner Stove by eastshores
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by tessy
- › Wine Bottle Cooler Stick - 3-in-1 Stainless Steel Wine Chiller... by majorc
- › Meat Thermometer - Instant Read LCD Screen Auto Shut-Off with Long... by majorc
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by freshbaked
- › Professional Baking by Daniel Benitez
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by backtobasics2
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by nikimouse311
- › Lincoln Culinary Institute - Culinary Training by PRChef561