Hello, I'm thinking of subscribing the good Italian cooking magazine. I really would appreciate an advise:) what is the best Italian cooking magazine in your opinion?, thank you, Alina
- topicItalian Cookingtagged by System, 2/7/11
Related Forum Threads
- Fresh pasta Last post on 5/24/14 at 5:46pm in Food & Cooking
- Guess The Dish... Last post on 5/9/14 at 2:39pm in Food & Cooking
- Pesto Pizza Question Last post on 3/17/11 at 12:04pm in Food & Cooking
- To stir or not to stir ... that's the question, certainly with risotto... Last post on 3/9/11 at 6:10am in Food & Cooking
- Limoncello question Last post on 12/8/14 at 1:43pm in Food & Cooking
Creamy Sage Polenta with Sausage Ragu
Last edited: 1/23/16
- How To Make Pesto Part IiLast edited: 2/28/10
- How To Make PestoLast edited: 2/28/10
- Italian Rice Dishes By Diane SeedLast edited: 2/16/10
A basic oil stone for knife maintenance. I use the coarse side for setting initial bevels and repairing blade damage. The coarse side is P150 and is grey I use the fine side to finish the edge....
It was a delight ordering my board from John. he was very helpful discussing the pros and cons of adding feet (I did and I like them.) He was friendly and helpful to all my enquiries, then made...
I graduated from OCC several years ago, but I still recommend it to my employees and any young aspiring cooks that I meet. It is a community college, so you won't leave this place drowning in debt....
A little bit about me: I grew up in the Hudson Valley about 30 min. away from the CIA. I knew I wanted to go to culinary school since I was in 10th grade and started cooking for my family...
Looking for Italian Cooking Magazine....
ChefTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 66/18/10 at 5:11am
Hi Alina...welcome to ChefTalk
Do you read Italian? or would you like an English written magazine that's focused on Italian cooking?
If you read Italian and want something from Italy, I'm afraid I will be of no help to you. But I'm sure some others will be able to give you a hand. If you want something written in the English I can share with you the only cooking magazine I enjoy at home.
The only magazine I subscribe to, anymore, is La Cucina Italiana. It's a nicely done magazine that focuses on recipes and the land of Italy itself. Even though they always seem to have some cultural article in every issue, their main focus is on the recipes. The recipes usually focus on one ingredients that's featured. Many times the focus is on an ingredient within season.
If you see a copy at the newsstand pick a copy up for yourself and check it out. You can also go to the link I provided and see their web page.
good luck in your quest!
danpost #3 of 66/18/10 at 11:34amThread Starterpost #4 of 610/10/10 at 11:15pm
If you're still on the lookout for an Italian cooking magazine, I just read an issue of Intermezzo. Although they're not actively promoting a focus on Italian, the magazine itself seems to have a very Italian thread running through it, in terms of features, recipes, advertisements, and contributors. The features quite nicely bring together travel writing and corresponding recipes. So you might want to check it out.post #5 of 610/15/10 at 3:59am
- Looking for Italian Cooking Magazine....
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
- How To Make Pesto Part Ii
- › Pepper Allergy!??? OMG!! 51 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › Gyro 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › Professionally written recipes? 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Prime Rib bones - ideas? 3 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Another plea for advice on knives 3 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Demi glacé Sauce 4 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › How to cook pork chops so they are not dry? 4 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Kitchen hairdos and quality of your hair 4 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Most memorable stupid orders you've gotten 10 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › Norton 614636855653 IB8 1-by-2-by-8-Inch Fine/Coarse India... by Scott Livesey
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by tobe999
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by dumpling
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Mustardpot
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Anova WiFi Sous Vide Precision Cooker, Black by phatch
- › Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off... by phatch
- › Iwatani Gas Cassette Burner Stove by eastshores
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise
- › A "No Turkey" Thanksgiving-Roast Pork
- › Caramelized Cauliflower
- › Holiday Entertaining-Cocktails
- › Spinach and Arugula Salad with Grapefruit
- › Summer Vegetable Pasta
- › Apple Cranberry Leather