I have been searching for a long while for a sweet blood sausage that has rasins in it. The sausage maker I used to get it from has passed on, and took the recipe with him. I have a lot of blood sausage recipes, but none fill the bill.
Related Forum Threads
- Bacon VS Sausage Last post on 11/8/10 at 12:27pm in Food & Cooking
- Scotch Eggs Last post on 5/25/10 at 2:18am in Food & Cooking
- wild boar meat Last post on 11/6/09 at 12:23am in Food & Cooking
- Italian sausage is pink inside ..... Last post on 10/5/09 at 5:57am in Food & Cooking
- Seafood and Pork Link Sausage Recipe Last post on 9/10/09 at 5:53pm in Food & Cooking
Coffee is the lifeblood of the urban adventurer, the 9 to 5 crowd, the far flung romantic and the millions that rely on coffee's delivery of invigorating brain juice conveyed in a flavorful mouth...
I remember years back before I really understood the issues of starches in potatoes and the danger of over working them. We were having thanksgiving dinner, and I had purchased a kitchen-aid stand...
You most assuredly know the writing team of Karen Page and Andrew Dornenburg. The couple is responsible for the iconic kitchen classics like Dining Out, The New American Chef, and Chef’s Night...
The Culinary Institute of America is hands down the best of the best! If you want to be connected with anything related to food this is the place to be. Whether your in Hyde Park, Greystone, San...
In many cases, I prefer the features Camp Chef designs into their cookware over Lodge. Often CC's camp ovens are designed to work inverted, their lids as stand alone skillets and so on. As to pizza...
This has gone from search to quest !!! Sweet Blood Sausage recipe please.
Here's a recipe for sweet Italian blood pudding with raisins called brioldo. It's not my recipe, I haven't tried it, and I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for. If that isn't a ringing endorsement, what is?
I could swear I saw a post about biroldo here, but i guess it was on another forum. Biroldo was typical of the town my parents came from, Barga, and they made it in a small area of Boston, where many Barghigiani lived. I remember it being eaten as sausage, not as a sweet, though it may have been sweet. As a kid I wouldn't go near it! They used to like it sliced and cooked in a frying pan.
The word was also used as a mild insult. (Tuscan insults can get pretty wild.)
You may find this blood sausage under other denominations. It's also called MORCILLA VASCA or MORTZILLA BASQUE (Basque blood sausage). Its very well known in Basque country and in Argentina. I have some recipes but the link provided is very good.
Merry Christmas all!
I realize this thread is quite old, however I wanted to post in the appropriate thread.
Up early to setup a small continental at the hotel. I woke up thinking of one of my favorite foods, blood sausage. I have seen many names and recipes for this, including black pudding, rice ring, boudin and so on. Grandmother and mother used to cook it on a weekly when I was knee high to a grasshopper. Over the years I have found a great love for this sausage. Commonly in Ohio it is a blend of goose liver,blood and rice. I prefer it fried, but eating it cold is excellent to. I have tried to introduce it to my family from time to time from a local sausage maker. However, they do not like it. (more for me).
Has anyone had this type of blood sausage? I know sausage makers vary on the ingredients, I find the one mentioned very common. How many of my peers like the blood sausage? Just wanted some thoughts.
God is blessing all of you
- This has gone from search to quest !!! Sweet Blood Sausage recipe please.
- › Any cheftalkers have an available cook or chef position near... 30 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New Cookware Set 52 seconds ago
- › I'm feeling a little garnish... 1 minute ago
- › Tojiro DP3 or Mac TH80 Dimples 6 minutes ago
- › Buying an oven for a dutch oven 15 minutes ago
- › On Dutch Oven (preheating and alternatives) 43 minutes ago
- › Food Safety Question - Thawing a whole leg of lamb. 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Commercial Kitchen Rental near Danbury, CT 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › Professional chocolate tempering machines 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Looking to buy a chefs knife 2 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Coffee Gives Me Superpowers: An Illustrated Book about the Most... by Jim Berman
- › OXO Good Grips Potato Ricer by eastshores
- › The Vegetarian Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary... by Jim Berman
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by JasonRoBear
- › Camp Chef True Seasoned 14-Inch Cast Iron Pizza Pan by phatch
- › Lodge Pro-Logic P14P3 Cast Iron Pizza Pan, Black, 14-inch by phatch
- › Presto 06626 11 inch Electric Skillet w/glass lid by OregonYeti
- › American Metalcraft PKR20 Stainless Steel Rocker Pizza Knife, 20-Inch by phatch
- › Chef's Choice 662 International Professional Electric Food... by oldschool1982
- › Cuisinart CGC-4BCPC - Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor by oldschool1982
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...
- › The Unsung Heroes of the Kitchen
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part I An...
- › Mentoring New Cooks
- › Leaving the Business: The Dark Side
- › Infiltrating The Kitchen!
- › Perfect Choux Pastry
- › The Secret to a Sexy Fettuccine Alfredo
- › Milanese Creamy Pesto