I have been searching for a long while for a sweet blood sausage that has rasins in it. The sausage maker I used to get it from has passed on, and took the recipe with him. I have a lot of blood sausage recipes, but none fill the bill.
Related Forum Threads
- Bacon VS Sausage Last post on 11/8/10 at 12:27pm in Food & Cooking
- Scotch Eggs Last post on 5/25/10 at 2:18am in Food & Cooking
- wild boar meat Last post on 11/6/09 at 12:23am in Food & Cooking
- Italian sausage is pink inside ..... Last post on 10/5/09 at 5:57am in Food & Cooking
- Seafood and Pork Link Sausage Recipe Last post on 9/10/09 at 5:53pm in Food & Cooking
This appears to be the identical product that we've bought here in Canada under the brand name Of Greblon Cool Kitchen Green Cusine. We've been so pleased with this fry pan that we now have...
I made the Browned butter recipe, the Honey Madeleines recipe, and the Dark Rum Financiers recipe. They all turned out wonderful - even for a first time French baker like me. A few more details...
This beautiful cookbook is divided into two main sections: The Savories and The Sweets. With such a great selection of recipes in this book everyone should be able to find something that awakens...
As a former chef, I am always interested in reading “behind the scenes” books about the restaurant world so I was excited to receive Scott Haas’s new book, “Back of the House: The Secret Life of...
Come in, We’re Closed Christine Carroll & Jody Eddy Reviewed by Jim Berman There are few cooks, if any, which do not tire of the food served in their own places. For one reason...
This has gone from search to quest !!! Sweet Blood Sausage recipe please.
Here's a recipe for sweet Italian blood pudding with raisins called brioldo. It's not my recipe, I haven't tried it, and I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for. If that isn't a ringing endorsement, what is?
I could swear I saw a post about biroldo here, but i guess it was on another forum. Biroldo was typical of the town my parents came from, Barga, and they made it in a small area of Boston, where many Barghigiani lived. I remember it being eaten as sausage, not as a sweet, though it may have been sweet. As a kid I wouldn't go near it! They used to like it sliced and cooked in a frying pan.
The word was also used as a mild insult. (Tuscan insults can get pretty wild.)
You may find this blood sausage under other denominations. It's also called MORCILLA VASCA or MORTZILLA BASQUE (Basque blood sausage). Its very well known in Basque country and in Argentina. I have some recipes but the link provided is very good.
- This has gone from search to quest !!! Sweet Blood Sausage recipe please.
- › Special knife as gift for culinary student 5 minutes ago
- › Becoming a baker with asthma? 30 minutes ago
- › Ribeye Vacation 34 minutes ago
- › Come as you are party: what did you REALLY eat for dinner last night? 36 minutes ago
- › Favorite Food History book? 39 minutes ago
- › French Macaroon 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Help! Need help with this cookie recipe please :( 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › New User and Need Questions Answered Please 1 hour, 55 minutes ago
- › Camp Cook Virgin 2 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Tiramisu problems 2 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Strauss Green Cuisine 9.5 Inch Skillet with Non Stick Ceramic Coating by Bill Methatswho
- › Simple French Desserts by ColleenS
- › From a Southern Oven: The Savories, The Sweets by heath67013
- › Back of the House: The Secret Life of a Restaurant by Pete
- › Come In, We're Closed: An Invitation to Staff Meals at the... by Jim
- › Smith's 50281 Adjustable Edge Pro Electric Knife Sharpener by JimA
- › Johnson and Wales University - Providence, RI by Flavorchef
- › The Elements of Dessert by BenRias
- › J.A. Henckels Twin Sharp Duo Knife Sharpener by Aaron McKeown
- › Edible Selby by Jim
- › Teri-Spam Musubi (moo-sue-bee) by kaneohegirlinaz
- › Decorating with Edible Paper by Terricakelady
- › Fast Food Chinese by Jim
- › The 5 Facets of a Good Restaurant by Jim
- › How to, What To, When To Sear by Jim
- › Going Electronic in the Kitchen by Nicko
- › Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream by Jim
- › Time For Another Road Trip, California Here... by kaneohegirlinaz
- › Edamame-Ginger Frozen Custard by Jim
- › Maki Sushi For Dummies, Like ME!! by kaneohegirlinaz