I have been searching for a long while for a sweet blood sausage that has rasins in it. The sausage maker I used to get it from has passed on, and took the recipe with him. I have a lot of blood sausage recipes, but none fill the bill.
Related Forum Threads
- Bacon VS Sausage Last post on 11/8/10 at 12:27pm in Food & Cooking
- Scotch Eggs Last post on 5/25/10 at 2:18am in Food & Cooking
- wild boar meat Last post on 11/6/09 at 12:23am in Food & Cooking
- Italian sausage is pink inside ..... Last post on 10/5/09 at 5:57am in Food & Cooking
- Seafood and Pork Link Sausage Recipe Last post on 9/10/09 at 5:53pm in Food & Cooking
I am a culinary student and this was my first knife I ever had. I loved the way the handle was shaped and loved the weight I felt in my hand. The blade stays sharp and is a great length. After just...
I've been on a bit of New Orleans Cajun and Creole kick with my cookbook reviews recently so I thought I'd stray a bit, although not too far and review a cookbook about seafood that can be found...
This sweet baby was my daily knife on the line for about two years.The grip is intuitive and lightweight and the knife just has a great action. She holds an edge for a surprisingly long amount of...
I have been through three butcher blocks by this company and each one has developed hairline cracks. The butcher block, on the whole, seems well made and has held up well. No warping, easy on...
I have attended NIU for three semesters now and am currently enrolled in its Hospitality Management program. It wasn't my first choice as I was unsure of my education path, but I choose it because...
This has gone from search to quest !!! Sweet Blood Sausage recipe please.
Here's a recipe for sweet Italian blood pudding with raisins called brioldo. It's not my recipe, I haven't tried it, and I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for. If that isn't a ringing endorsement, what is?
I could swear I saw a post about biroldo here, but i guess it was on another forum. Biroldo was typical of the town my parents came from, Barga, and they made it in a small area of Boston, where many Barghigiani lived. I remember it being eaten as sausage, not as a sweet, though it may have been sweet. As a kid I wouldn't go near it! They used to like it sliced and cooked in a frying pan.
The word was also used as a mild insult. (Tuscan insults can get pretty wild.)
You may find this blood sausage under other denominations. It's also called MORCILLA VASCA or MORTZILLA BASQUE (Basque blood sausage). Its very well known in Basque country and in Argentina. I have some recipes but the link provided is very good.
- This has gone from search to quest !!! Sweet Blood Sausage recipe please.
- › Steaming times. 1 hour, 55 minutes ago
- › bread burger 2 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › I'd like to know new receipts for multi cooker 3 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Beef Short Ribs Slow Cooker Substitute 3 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Wifi Slow Cooker 3 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › Starter Chef knife 8" to 10" for small hands: Tojiro DP vs Mac vs... 3 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › Cupcake Confusion 3 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › ACF Certifications 6 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Very confused high school student!!! :( - Please answer! 6 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › Hi from New York! 6 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › J.A. Henckels International Forged Synergy 8-Inch Chef's Knife by 13krama
- › The Complete Guide to Northern Gulf Seafood by Pete
- › MAC MTH-80 8" Chef's Knife w/ Dimples by LovelyFeyd
- › John Boos Reversible End Grain Maple Chopping Block, 20 by 15 by... by wwatt7262
- › Northern Illinois University Hospitality Administration by JLomb
- › In a While, Crocodile: New Orleans Slow Cooker Recipes by Pete
- › Professional Baking by Naturesbliss
- › Fresh and Light by Cami
- › Ferrandi Paris - The French School of Culinary Arts by pastelle
- › Viking VSC0508 8 Inch Stainless Steel Fry Pan by santoku runner
- › FRUIT FACTS !!!!! Chef Sarthak kochar
- › Roasting Coffee Beans At Home
- › No Apologies
- › Inspiration
- › A Brief Tour of American Barbecue
- › Emotions Storm in the Culinary Industry
- › I Met a Guy Named Jim, Just in Time
- › The Dogs of War
- › Boost Your Healthy By Bean Sprouts and...
- › A Shiny Spot in a Grimy Industry