I have been searching for a long while for a sweet blood sausage that has rasins in it. The sausage maker I used to get it from has passed on, and took the recipe with him. I have a lot of blood sausage recipes, but none fill the bill.
Related Forum Threads
- Bacon VS Sausage Last post on 11/8/10 at 12:27pm in Food & Cooking
- Scotch Eggs Last post on 5/25/10 at 2:18am in Food & Cooking
- wild boar meat Last post on 11/6/09 at 12:23am in Food & Cooking
- Italian sausage is pink inside ..... Last post on 10/5/09 at 5:57am in Food & Cooking
- Seafood and Pork Link Sausage Recipe Last post on 9/10/09 at 5:53pm in Food & Cooking
I have been baking my entire life, and some of the recipes, i would not recommend.
Great all around experience in a beautiful college environment. Great chefs, serious students, exposure to lots of knowledge. Wonderful facilities! Can't go wrong.
I am still in school but this place is great. The teacher are know there stuff and many of them still work in the industry or they had previous experience from 4 star to managing the food for...
I personally had great times here and made a lot of friends. But all that aside, LCI stopped the externship part of the program which is truly where students will little to no experience really...
As a graduate in 2012 of Le Cordon Bleu I have nothing but good things to say about the school. Just like any other school it is there for you to gain knowledge and use it as a guide into your...
This has gone from search to quest !!! Sweet Blood Sausage recipe please.
Here's a recipe for sweet Italian blood pudding with raisins called brioldo. It's not my recipe, I haven't tried it, and I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for. If that isn't a ringing endorsement, what is?
I could swear I saw a post about biroldo here, but i guess it was on another forum. Biroldo was typical of the town my parents came from, Barga, and they made it in a small area of Boston, where many Barghigiani lived. I remember it being eaten as sausage, not as a sweet, though it may have been sweet. As a kid I wouldn't go near it! They used to like it sliced and cooked in a frying pan.
The word was also used as a mild insult. (Tuscan insults can get pretty wild.)
You may find this blood sausage under other denominations. It's also called MORCILLA VASCA or MORTZILLA BASQUE (Basque blood sausage). Its very well known in Basque country and in Argentina. I have some recipes but the link provided is very good.
Merry Christmas all!
I realize this thread is quite old, however I wanted to post in the appropriate thread.
Up early to setup a small continental at the hotel. I woke up thinking of one of my favorite foods, blood sausage. I have seen many names and recipes for this, including black pudding, rice ring, boudin and so on. Grandmother and mother used to cook it on a weekly when I was knee high to a grasshopper. Over the years I have found a great love for this sausage. Commonly in Ohio it is a blend of goose liver,blood and rice. I prefer it fried, but eating it cold is excellent to. I have tried to introduce it to my family from time to time from a local sausage maker. However, they do not like it. (more for me).
Has anyone had this type of blood sausage? I know sausage makers vary on the ingredients, I find the one mentioned very common. How many of my peers like the blood sausage? Just wanted some thoughts.
God is blessing all of you
- This has gone from search to quest !!! Sweet Blood Sausage recipe please.
- › Hi to the world of chefs 54 minutes ago
- › Cater my own wedding? 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › What standards do you hold your purveyors to? 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › Pan advice for amateur 4 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › chocolate pastry cream recipe question 4 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Balsamic glaze 4 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Is that anyway to keep dice apple without turning dark or running... 4 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › There's something about cucumbers 4 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › The New Normal " How do we survive" In the new world! 4 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Mustard 5 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Professional Baking by Daniel Benitez
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by backtobasics2
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by nikimouse311
- › Lincoln Culinary Institute - Culinary Training by PRChef561
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by bbqmsterflorian
- › Anova Sous Vide Immersion Circulator (Black) by theloggg
- › Chef Academy by MartyfromItaly
- › Culinary Cooking School Professional Meat Grinder Food Chopper Fits... by Pete
- › Institute of Culinary Education (New York) by m00chness
- › Mauviel M250 Tin Lined 8pc Copper Cookware by Virgil
- › Indian Inspired Grilled Chicken with Rhubarb...
- › Barbecued Ribs with Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- › Summertime Gin and Tonics
- › Spicy Shrimp Marinated in Beer
- › Grapefruit Sorbet
- › Gingered Bourbon Sour
- › Chicken Rhubarb Stir Fry
- › Strawberry-Rhubarb Shortcake
- › Farfalle with Red Chard and Chicken
- › Beet & Spinach Salad