I have been searching for a long while for a sweet blood sausage that has rasins in it. The sausage maker I used to get it from has passed on, and took the recipe with him. I have a lot of blood sausage recipes, but none fill the bill.
Related Forum Threads
- Bacon VS Sausage Last post on 11/8/10 at 12:27pm in Food & Cooking
- Scotch Eggs Last post on 5/25/10 at 2:18am in Food & Cooking
- wild boar meat Last post on 11/6/09 at 12:23am in Food & Cooking
- Italian sausage is pink inside ..... Last post on 10/5/09 at 5:57am in Food & Cooking
- Seafood and Pork Link Sausage Recipe Last post on 9/10/09 at 5:53pm in Food & Cooking
The International culinary school at the Art Institute of San Francisco is an expensive for profit culinary school. I am a current student in his last quarter and about to graduate with an...
I am a career changer, which can be hard for any and almost everyone. As a graduate of Le Cordon Bleu, I can honestly say that they helped me with a smooth transition and actually cared if I...
A great school to go to if you are serious about becoming something more than a line cook in your life. Only approached by the strong of heart cause they take good cooks and turn them into...
If you take a trip to your local outdoor or sporting goods store, you will find a plethora of portable grills, but every once in a while, a design comes along that makes you say, “Why didn’t I...
I find HRC as a perfect match for someone looking for Culinary study in europe at a LOW COST
This has gone from search to quest !!! Sweet Blood Sausage recipe please.
Here's a recipe for sweet Italian blood pudding with raisins called brioldo. It's not my recipe, I haven't tried it, and I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for. If that isn't a ringing endorsement, what is?
I could swear I saw a post about biroldo here, but i guess it was on another forum. Biroldo was typical of the town my parents came from, Barga, and they made it in a small area of Boston, where many Barghigiani lived. I remember it being eaten as sausage, not as a sweet, though it may have been sweet. As a kid I wouldn't go near it! They used to like it sliced and cooked in a frying pan.
The word was also used as a mild insult. (Tuscan insults can get pretty wild.)
You may find this blood sausage under other denominations. It's also called MORCILLA VASCA or MORTZILLA BASQUE (Basque blood sausage). Its very well known in Basque country and in Argentina. I have some recipes but the link provided is very good.
Merry Christmas all!
I realize this thread is quite old, however I wanted to post in the appropriate thread.
Up early to setup a small continental at the hotel. I woke up thinking of one of my favorite foods, blood sausage. I have seen many names and recipes for this, including black pudding, rice ring, boudin and so on. Grandmother and mother used to cook it on a weekly when I was knee high to a grasshopper. Over the years I have found a great love for this sausage. Commonly in Ohio it is a blend of goose liver,blood and rice. I prefer it fried, but eating it cold is excellent to. I have tried to introduce it to my family from time to time from a local sausage maker. However, they do not like it. (more for me).
Has anyone had this type of blood sausage? I know sausage makers vary on the ingredients, I find the one mentioned very common. How many of my peers like the blood sausage? Just wanted some thoughts.
God is blessing all of you
- This has gone from search to quest !!! Sweet Blood Sausage recipe please.
- › Knife Sharpening ... what am I doing wrong 32 minutes ago
- › The perfect burger? 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › What has happened to Apple pie? Apples never seem fully cooked. 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Store bought vs restaurant chicken 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Turning bacon 2 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › name for this pan 2 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › European Children Trying American Chocolate for First Time 2 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › These #$%^* Pants!!! 2 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › SloeCooker ....what is that? 3 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Where to find a used confectionery guitar? 3 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › The Art Institute of California - San Francisco by stevenvhayden
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by flacook
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by MichaelJKane
- › Pop Up Grill Barbecue portable télescopique 280 mm by Pete
- › HRC Culinary Academy, Bulgaria by konvict
- › Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy by Anthony Eugenio
- › Chinese Garnishes / Adornos Chinos: With Platter Arrangements / Con... by MillionsKnives
- › Mercer Cutlery Genesis 8-Inch Chef's Knife by harrisonh
- › Umami: The Fifth Taste by ChefTorres87
- › J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College by the1culinarykid
- › Pineapple How To
- › Family Meal: Feeding the Crew on the Cheap
- › Restaurant Menus: The chorus of the kitchen
- › Kitchen Technology: Internet of Things is Not...
- › Managing the Management: How Cooks Can Cope
- › True Cooks
- › What does Shake Shack's ChickenStack...
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...
- › Fourth of July: What Would George Eat?
- › How to add a culinary school to ChefTalk.com