I call for whole wheat pastry flour in many of the recipes I write. It is a wonderful product, my brand is Bob's Red Mill, and I thought it was widely available. Recently I was in Portland, Oregon (where Bob's Red Mill is located, by the way), and could not find it at a couple of supermarkets I searched. So, my question is this, is whole wheat pastry flour available where you live?
Related Forum Threads
- Starting a Pastry Business Last post on 8/12/10 at 8:43pm in Pastries & Baking
- Pastry Schools in Paris / France Last post on 7/24/10 at 11:54pm in General Culinary School Discussions
- Soggy pastry Last post on 8/31/09 at 1:29pm in Pastries & Baking
- Pastry Trends Last post on 9/6/09 at 5:04am in Professional Pastry Chefs
- Secrets of Pastry? Last post on 6/11/09 at 10:15pm in Q&A Forum With Top Chef Carla Hall
The Perfect Yellow Cake Recipe And Techniques
Last edited: 9/26/11
- Puff PastryLast edited: 1/21/12
- AbaisseLast edited: 1/22/12
- How To Make RugelachLast edited: 2/4/12
- When Is A Cobbler A Grunt Making Sense Of American Fruit DessertsLast edited: 3/8/10
Like I said, I like this app. Just wanted to put the first review up!
You may wonder why I would title my book review “Mastering what you love to eat.” However in Patricia Wells’ latest book, The French Kitchen Cookbook, Recipes and Lessons from Paris and Provence,...
My wife and I are big yogurt eaters, and for years we've purchased store bought yogurt, but, this year, for Christmas I purchased a Donvier Yogurt Maker for my wife and we haven't purchased store...
DK seems to have done it again. They have produced a truly wonderful cookbook. Cooking Season by Season, 1000 recipes to cook through the year by DK has become my current favorite go-to cookbook. ...
It is safe to say that I am the only one in my extended family that cooks wild game. If I expand that I believe I have only one friend that cooks wild game, and she doesn’t do it on a regular...
whole wheat pastry flourpost #1 of 57/27/10 at 10:55amThread Starterpost #2 of 57/27/10 at 1:15pm
Good question, I'll have to check around.
We have several markets with Bob's Red Mill displays that feature a diversity of flours. Soon as I get out I'll take a look and see if the whole wheat pastry flour is included.
Why do you favor it in your recipes?They have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard KiplingThey have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard Kiplingpost #3 of 57/27/10 at 1:41pmpost #4 of 57/27/10 at 5:03pmThread StarterI favor whole wheat pastry flour as a way to add whole grains to baked goods without making them coarse. I've also noticed regular whole wheat has a tendency to make things go stale more quickly than when I use the ww pastry flour."If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good." Dr. Seuss"If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good." Dr. Seusspost #5 of 57/27/10 at 5:47pm
- whole wheat pastry flour
- Puff Pastry
- › Embed some content and win a cheftalk coffee mug 1 minute ago
- › Happy to be back! 14 minutes ago
- › Help with catering costs 22 minutes ago
- › Advice for young aspiring chefs, fresh from culinary school 31 minutes ago
- › Seasoning of Stainless Steel fry pan 42 minutes ago
- › Pierre Herme's buttercream recipe 49 minutes ago
- › Puree for pan-fried sea bass 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › I have a blog now too 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › Yorkshire loaf? 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › Knife recommendations 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Schedulehead (Employee Scheduling Program) by jcaters
- › The French Kitchen Cookbook: Recipes and Lessons from Paris and... by Cami
- › Cuisipro Donvier Electronic Yogurt Maker by Pete
- › Cooking Season by Season by Cami
- › The Venison Cookbook: Venison Dishes from Fast to Fancy by Cami
- › Chef's Choice 320 Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener by DrLogik
- › The Holiday Kosher Baker: Traditional & Contemporary Holiday... by Cami
- › Furi Ozitech Diamond Fingers Pro Knife Sharpener by nastia
- › Ivan Ramen: Love, Obsession, and Recipes from Tokyo's Most... by Jim Berman
- › Eat Ink: Recipes. Stories. Tattoos. by Jim Berman
- › Embed That Thread! by Nicko
- › Best Practices in Tagging by Nicko
- › Finding Comfort Between Two Slices of Bread by Jim Berman
- › Barbecue, Macarons, Pizza & Burgers by Jim Berman
- › Perfect for a cold winter's day: Mexican... by ChefMannyDLM
- › How To Make Pheasant Stock by Nicko
- › How to smoke ham hocks by Nicko
- › Why I Cook: A Chef's Manifesto by ChefMannyDLM
- › A Simple How-To Guide to Making Risotto by Nicko
- › The Restaurant Evolution by Chef Carrasco