When the lemon season comes, you might want to save them to use all year long and make fresh lemonade anytime you want. You can squeeze the lemons and pour the juice into an ice tray and freeze it. (you can do this as much as you want). Once the juice is frozen, you can save the juicy ice cubes in a zip lock bag to store them in the freezer and use them all year long. You can simply take the desired juicy ice cubes and put them into water and mix with sugar or any sugar substitute to make fresh lemonade. You can also use the juicy ice cubes for any other cooking purpose as well, With Fresh Lemon Juice Everyday!!!!
Related Forum Threads
- Grapefruit Help Last post on 4/13/10 at 3:46pm in Food & Cooking
- Freezing homemade grapefruit juice Last post on 2/19/10 at 3:48pm in Food & Cooking
- How much tomato juice? Last post on 11/23/09 at 11:48am in Food & Cooking
- Apple Juice/Apple Cider - What's the difference? Last post on 2/26/10 at 10:33am in Food & Cooking
- Think fruit juice based syrup Last post on 7/8/09 at 10:22am in Food & Cooking
Last edited: 1/21/12
- Moroccan OlivesLast edited: 1/21/12
- Arbequina OlivesLast edited: 1/21/12
- Kalamata OlivesLast edited: 1/21/12
- Ligurian OlivesLast edited: 1/21/12
I'm heading into my 4th summer with this factory refurbished machine. It has been reliable and does the job it is intended to do very well, though a bit loudly. I use it heavily during the summer...
Overall, since purchasing this knife, I have not been disappointed at all. The highlights, begin with the rounded hilt and blade top, which reduce the stress on the palms and make calluses a...
I've owned this tenderizer for about a year and a half. Alton Brown talked about the joys of a 48-blade cutter for turning cheap, tough pieces of beef into actually cubed meat -- meat that's...
Alton Brown talked about the joys of a 48-blade cutter like this for turning cheap, tough pieces of beef into actually cubed meat -- meat that's perforated to make it tender. So I bought one with...
I have four Microplanes in my knife drawer: two zester/graters, one ribbon grater, and one spice grater. Mine all date back to the "classic series," meaning they have the black plastic handle --...
Fresh Lemonadepost #1 of 68/1/10 at 10:54amThread Starterpost #2 of 68/1/10 at 8:18pm
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on those "juicy ice cubes". ....don't forget the rind for other things.post #3 of 69/28/10 at 9:56pmpost #4 of 69/29/10 at 2:24pm
don't forget the rind for other things.
Which also can be frozen. When we have extra citrus we zest it, and lay the zest on a sheet pan in teaspoon quantities. The whole thing goes in the freezer. Once the zest is hard-frozen the pats are transferred to a freezer bag. All the fresh, pre-measured zest we need the rest of the year.They have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard KiplingThey have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard Kiplingpost #5 of 610/2/10 at 2:13pm
My husband and I make lemonade all the time! We especially enjoy lemonade infused with different herbs! Make a simple syrup (a ratio of 1:2 of water to sugar), and after you turn off the burner, throw in your favorite herb to bring out the flavors. Our favorite is lavender lemonade. Once the lavender has steeped and the syrup has cooled, put it through the strainer and add to fresh lemon juice and water to sweeten.post #6 of 610/3/10 at 2:03pm
Thank you...What a great idea. I love lemonade and this idea is one of the best I've ever heard. I'd love to know this: If I wanted to add raspberries to the lemonade (my favorite!) Do you think it would be okay to do that before freezing the juice? Would it add to the flavor or should I only add them as I am preparing the lemonade?
- Fresh Lemonade
- Moroccan Olives
- › Pastry Dough Shrinking After Cutting Using Reversible Sheeter.... 4 minutes ago
- › New Kikuichi Carw 13 minutes ago
- › Hot dog recall 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › How much Sausage for half tray? 4 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Chef's vs Santoku 4 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › May 2017 Cooking Challenge: Fish! 12 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › BBQ Sauce - Cloning a Commercial Product 14 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Residential Kitchen Gut & Remodel, ISO under counter radiant... 15 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Help! Need a Chinese recipe... 20 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › Boonie Pepper 23 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt,... by ChicagoTerry
- › Friedr. Dick 1905 Exclusive Series 10-Inch Chef's Knife by JVKolich
- › Jaccard Supertendermatic 48-Blade Tenderizer by HeidiCooksSuppe
- › Loen 48-blade Meat Tenderizer Meat Neddle (White) by HeidiCooksSuppe
- › Microplane 46220 Premium Zester/Grater, Turquoise by HeidiCooksSuppe
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by hchaz
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by jordanfood
- › Tojiro-DP Chef's Knife 9.4" (24cm) by captainbligh
- › Miyabi Morimoto Edition 8-Inch Chef Knife by captainbligh
- › Wsthof Grand Prix II 8-Inch Cook's Knife by captainbligh
- › Roasted Chinese Pork Belly
- › An Oven Roasted Suckling Pig
- › Some Myths About Beef and Cattle
- › Food Safety As Kitchen Culture
- › Cranberry/Orange Parfait with Chocolate Sauce...
- › Vegan Cuisine - It's Not Just Bean Curd...
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise