The other day I saw a book that has a ton of herbs and spices, their flavors and origin and what they are used for. Anyone have any ideas what that may be called?
Related Forum Threads
- ISO Indian cookbook Last post on 7/1/02 at 2:18pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Cardamom Last post on 4/13/16 at 7:28am in Pastries & Baking
- Preferred Brand of Dry Spices? Last post on 4/13/16 at 4:39pm in Food & Cooking
- what is black peppermint? Last post on 5/9/15 at 12:15pm in Food & Cooking
- Winter sun Aligned herb wall Last post on 2/26/15 at 12:01pm in Food & Cooking
How To Prepare Fresh Herbs For Cooking
Last edited: 1/10/12
- Pamela GrantLast edited: 7/10/12
- Top 10 Least Well Known Culinary HerbsLast edited: 5/8/10
- History And Descriptions Of ChiliesLast edited: 3/8/10
- A Standard For All SeasonsLast edited: 2/16/10
I got mine a little over two years ago as a christmas gift and I still use it every day. An overall solid knife, nothing to write home about, but out of the box it'll cut anything you need it to,...
Almost 2 years ago now, ChefTalk had a random-draw giveaway for one of these cutting boards. What you had to do was to write a review of a cutting board you use. I wrote one, and it was randomly...
This is a great book written by a very passionate pastry chef. In many ways, a home cook might never need anything more. There are recipes for all seasons and Jacquay covers the details completely....
A basic oil stone for knife maintenance. I use the coarse side for setting initial bevels and repairing blade damage. The coarse side is P150 and is grey I use the fine side to finish the edge....
It was a delight ordering my board from John. he was very helpful discussing the pros and cons of adding feet (I did and I like them.) He was friendly and helpful to all my enquiries, then made...
herbs?post #1 of 58/9/10 at 5:57pmThread Starter
ChefTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 58/11/10 at 6:17am
There are a ton of them.
Try going down this list http://www.cheftalk.com/product.php?action=add_search and see if anything looks familiar.They have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard KiplingThey have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard Kiplingpost #3 of 58/11/10 at 7:43ampost #4 of 58/12/10 at 3:24pm
First published in 1931 I have A modern Herbal by Mrs M.Grieve maybe not what ur looking for but a gd read. Back then and I know right up ill the 80's Coriander was grown just for the seeds. the leaves were considered too pungent. Where would we be now witout cilantro eh?"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?" Jo Brand"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?" Jo Brand
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
- Pamela Grant
- › Crab and lobster tanks 48 minutes ago
- › Petty knife- Masamoto or Mac? 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Lacto-fermentation of hot peppers. 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Guidance for a knife block set. 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Camping Stoves Suggestions? 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Electric of Gas Tilt Skillet Better? 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › Top Three Favorite Recipes 5 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Pasta ahead of Time 5 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › How to make chicken Stock, both amber and white 7 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Help buying a new chef knife 8 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › Global 8-Inch 20cm Cook's Knife by NikoBleau
- › John Boos Newton Prep Master Maple Wood Reversible Cutting Board... by ChrisLehrer
- › The Art of French Pastry by Jacquy Pfeiffer by OCDshaver
- › Norton 614636855653 IB8 1-by-2-by-8-Inch Fine/Coarse India... by Scott Livesey
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by tobe999
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by dumpling
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Mustardpot
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Food Safety As Kitchen Culture
- › Cranberry/Orange Parfait with Chocolate Sauce...
- › Vegan Cuisine - It's Not Just Bean Curd...
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise
- › A "No Turkey" Thanksgiving-Roast Pork
- › Caramelized Cauliflower
- › Holiday Entertaining-Cocktails