The other day I saw a book that has a ton of herbs and spices, their flavors and origin and what they are used for. Anyone have any ideas what that may be called?
Related Forum Threads
- ISO Indian cookbook Last post on 7/1/02 at 2:18pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Cardamom Last post on 4/13/16 at 7:28am in Pastries & Baking
- Preferred Brand of Dry Spices? Last post on 4/13/16 at 4:39pm in Food & Cooking
- what is black peppermint? Last post on 5/9/15 at 12:15pm in Food & Cooking
- Winter sun Aligned herb wall Last post on 2/26/15 at 12:01pm in Food & Cooking
How To Prepare Fresh Herbs For Cooking
Last edited: 1/10/12
- Pamela GrantLast edited: 7/10/12
- Top 10 Least Well Known Culinary HerbsLast edited: 5/8/10
- History And Descriptions Of ChiliesLast edited: 3/8/10
- A Standard For All SeasonsLast edited: 2/16/10
The Chefs at The Chef's Academy in Indianapolis, In. Were amazing and knowledgeable. They showed interest with your creativity and looked forward to beating you with their hats when you did some...
I picked up one of these on sale with the intention of storing until Christmas. But that's a ways off, and I needed to verify it worked in case I needed to return it with in the warranty...
I've been looking for recipes and ideas I can ship off with my daughter to college and this book had a good variant idea on the one-pot meal. But the writing is chatty and cutesy. This doesn't...
I have to say it never occurred to me that such a unit would exist until I was working at one of my companies events and they had a catered breakfast in which the caterers would cook omelets to...
WARNING!!! Want to lose your money? Welcome to Italian Chef Academy! If you read this message before choose the school,please close their website and forget you've ever seen it - I wish somebody...
herbs?post #1 of 58/9/10 at 5:57pmThread Starter
ChefTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 58/11/10 at 6:17am
There are a ton of them.
Try going down this list http://www.cheftalk.com/product.php?action=add_search and see if anything looks familiar.They have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard KiplingThey have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard Kiplingpost #3 of 58/11/10 at 7:43ampost #4 of 58/12/10 at 3:24pm
First published in 1931 I have A modern Herbal by Mrs M.Grieve maybe not what ur looking for but a gd read. Back then and I know right up ill the 80's Coriander was grown just for the seeds. the leaves were considered too pungent. Where would we be now witout cilantro eh?"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?" Jo Brand"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?" Jo Brand
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
- Pamela Grant
- › Thawing frozen blackcurrant puree... to make sorbet? 23 minutes ago
- › Greetings from Hong Kong 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › How to best handle some leftover grilled chicken 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Flan carmel sticks to dish? 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Best Knives to buy while on trip to Tokyo? 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › New knives for culinary school 1 hour, 51 minutes ago
- › August 2016 Cooking Challenge: Casseroles 2 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › replace coconut sugar with coconut flour and regular sugar? 2 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › How Long Will A Compund Butter Last? - Garlic Butter 2 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Is it possible to restore chemically burned pans? 3 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Anova WiFi Sous Vide Precision Cooker, Black by phatch
- › Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off... by phatch
- › Iwatani Gas Cassette Burner Stove by eastshores
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by tessy
- › Wine Bottle Cooler Stick - 3-in-1 Stainless Steel Wine Chiller... by majorc
- › Meat Thermometer - Instant Read LCD Screen Auto Shut-Off with Long... by majorc
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by freshbaked
- › Professional Baking by Daniel Benitez
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by backtobasics2
- › Pastitsio-Greek "Lasagna"
- › Corn Fritters with Peach Salsa
- › Watermelon Limeade
- › Tomato Basil Pasta
- › Melon & Feta Salad
- › Bacon & Corn Relish
- › How To Make Old Fashioned NY Sour Corn Rye Bread
- › Want to customize your uniform? Know your...
- › Elotes-Corn on the Cob, Mexican Style
- › The BLT-A Case for Food Snobbery