The other day I saw a book that has a ton of herbs and spices, their flavors and origin and what they are used for. Anyone have any ideas what that may be called?
Related Forum Threads
- ISO Indian cookbook Last post on 7/1/02 at 2:18pm in Cookbook Reviews
- what is black peppermint? Last post on 5/9/15 at 12:15pm in The Chef's Garden
- Winter sun Aligned herb wall Last post on 2/26/15 at 12:01pm in The Chef's Garden
- Go big or ?? Last post on 2/19/15 at 2:37pm in The Chef's Garden
- Measuring? Last post on 4/11/14 at 7:27am in Food & Cooking
How To Prepare Fresh Herbs For Cooking
Last edited: 1/10/12
- Pamela GrantLast edited: 7/10/12
- Top 10 Least Well Known Culinary HerbsLast edited: 5/8/10
- History And Descriptions Of ChiliesLast edited: 3/8/10
- A Standard For All SeasonsLast edited: 2/16/10
For a person who was too busy to cook and ate only at fast foods...it was worth the effort to really appreciate food and cooking by enrolling in the Le Cordon Bleu and graduating in 1982. I...
Overall i love what this school has done for me and my 10 years working in professional kitchens, i am now a chef and am so greatful for everything that has lead up to this point.
Gisslen's book was my first "serious" cookbook. It has since become my bible. Each chapter is split into theory and recipes. The theory reviews how the particular type of food, whether, meats,...
I recently completed this program on Aug 2015. To wrap up my experience in ENSP, here is my personal comments with regards to the Summer Pastry Program! The question is.. Would I recommend...
The International culinary school at the Art Institute of San Francisco is an expensive for profit culinary school. I am a current student in his last quarter and about to graduate with an...
herbs?post #1 of 58/9/10 at 5:57pmThread Starter
ChefTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 58/11/10 at 6:17am
There are a ton of them.
Try going down this list http://www.cheftalk.com/product.php?action=add_search and see if anything looks familiar.They have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard KiplingThey have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard Kiplingpost #3 of 58/11/10 at 7:43ampost #4 of 58/12/10 at 3:24pm
First published in 1931 I have A modern Herbal by Mrs M.Grieve maybe not what ur looking for but a gd read. Back then and I know right up ill the 80's Coriander was grown just for the seeds. the leaves were considered too pungent. Where would we be now witout cilantro eh?"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?" Jo Brand"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?" Jo Brand
- Pamela Grant
- › HI from the Netherlands! 1 minute ago
- › Brownies 6 minutes ago
- › Three Fave Knife Brands 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Call or walk-in? 5 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › The October 2015 Challenge is . . . . PIE 5 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › need help FAST!!! 5 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › catering a wedding for 120 5 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › Self publishing problems? 6 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Dealing with a difficult co worker, need advice !!! 6 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › Truth about Cinnamon 7 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by karenlhall
- › The International Culinary Center - New York by Chef-Nicholas
- › Professional Cooking by motty
- › Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Pâtisserie by FollowUrHeart
- › The Art Institute of California - San Francisco by stevenvhayden
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by MichaelJKane
- › Pop Up Grill Barbecue portable télescopique 280 mm by Pete
- › HRC Culinary Academy, Bulgaria by konvict
- › Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy by Anthony Eugenio
- › Chinese Garnishes / Adornos Chinos: With Platter Arrangements / Con... by MillionsKnives
- › Top Ten Cooking Myths
- › Why Do You Cook?
- › Pineapple How To
- › Family Meal: Feeding the Crew on the Cheap
- › Restaurant Menus: The chorus of the kitchen
- › Kitchen Technology: Internet of Things is Not...
- › Managing the Management: How Cooks Can Cope
- › True Cooks
- › What does Shake Shack's ChickenStack...
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...