The other day I saw a book that has a ton of herbs and spices, their flavors and origin and what they are used for. Anyone have any ideas what that may be called?
Related Forum Threads
- ISO Indian cookbook Last post on 7/1/02 at 2:18pm in Cookbook Reviews
- what is black peppermint? Last post on 5/9/15 at 12:15pm in The Chef's Garden
- Winter sun Aligned herb wall Last post on 2/26/15 at 12:01pm in The Chef's Garden
- Go big or ?? Last post on 2/19/15 at 2:37pm in The Chef's Garden
- Measuring? Last post on 4/11/14 at 7:27am in Food & Cooking
How To Prepare Fresh Herbs For Cooking
Last edited: 1/10/12
- Pamela GrantLast edited: 7/10/12
- Top 10 Least Well Known Culinary HerbsLast edited: 5/8/10
- History And Descriptions Of ChiliesLast edited: 3/8/10
- A Standard For All SeasonsLast edited: 2/16/10
So glad I went here. I don't think I could have gotten a higher quality experiences any other place. The teachers are passionate and extremely talented. It is a community college so it's very...
Works perfectly as intended. Do not buy this for chefs ninja stars, it doesnt work at all. It does handle high heat however as it landed in a fryer
Honestly for something to measure oven temps shouldnt shatter like mine have, but for the price what can i expect. Perfectly accurate, place in a steel steam table pan to prevent glass from going...
It's much more than a collection of recipes. In this book Kenji explains cooking techniques and the science behind them. Also ingredients and how to find them, how to use them. For many...
I had an overall positive experience at Le Cordon Bleu-Mexico. Their courses are really hands-on and you are always spending time in the kitchen and showing off your skills and your learning...
herbs?post #1 of 58/9/10 at 5:57pmThread Starter
ChefTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 58/11/10 at 6:17am
There are a ton of them.
Try going down this list http://www.cheftalk.com/product.php?action=add_search and see if anything looks familiar.They have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard KiplingThey have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard Kiplingpost #3 of 58/11/10 at 7:43ampost #4 of 58/12/10 at 3:24pm
First published in 1931 I have A modern Herbal by Mrs M.Grieve maybe not what ur looking for but a gd read. Back then and I know right up ill the 80's Coriander was grown just for the seeds. the leaves were considered too pungent. Where would we be now witout cilantro eh?"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?" Jo Brand"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?" Jo Brand
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
- Pamela Grant
- › Japanese Knife Imports (.com) 21 seconds ago
- › Inherited Menus 26 minutes ago
- › Breakfast hors d'ouvres for 40-50 ppl, looking for some cool ideas 42 minutes ago
- › November 2015 Challenge : Soup 46 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › thanksgiving day menu/dishes? 2 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › Rendering Tallow (Beef) - wet vs dry rendering & cleaning question... 3 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Makin Bacon 3 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Tanaka Blue 2 Damascus Gyuto 240mm With Custom Octagonal Bubinga 4 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › Not All Home Cooks Get It Perfect 5 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by rpmiller
- › #22 *TWO PACK* Replacement Knife Blade for Meat Grinder. Hobart,... by Markrmoore2
- › Rubbermaid Commercial FGTHO550 Stainless Steel Oven Monitoring... by Markrmoore2
- › The Food Lab: Better Home Cooking Through Science by MillionsKnives
- › Le Cordon Bleu Mexico by Maria1233
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by karenlhall
- › The International Culinary Center - New York by Chef-Nicholas
- › Professional Cooking by motty
- › Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Pâtisserie by FollowUrHeart
- › The Art Institute of California - San Francisco by stevenvhayden
- › Cocktail Party Food-Crab Cheesecake
- › Nothing Says the Holidays Like a Champagne...
- › The Red Stag Manhhattan
- › Brussels Sprouts with Pecans and Dried...
- › Cranberry Old Fashioned
- › Holiday Sangria
- › Turkey and Sweet Potato Hash-Thanksgiving...
- › Spicy Sweet Potato Gratin
- › Roasted Beets with Garlic and Onions
- › Pumpking Cranberry Coffeecake