The other day I saw a book that has a ton of herbs and spices, their flavors and origin and what they are used for. Anyone have any ideas what that may be called?
Related Forum Threads
- ISO Indian cookbook Last post on 7/1/02 at 2:18pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Cardamom Last post on 4/13/16 at 7:28am in Pastries & Baking
- Preferred Brand of Dry Spices? Last post on 4/13/16 at 4:39pm in Food & Cooking
- what is black peppermint? Last post on 5/9/15 at 12:15pm in Food & Cooking
- Winter sun Aligned herb wall Last post on 2/26/15 at 12:01pm in Food & Cooking
How To Prepare Fresh Herbs For Cooking
Last edited: 1/10/12
- Pamela GrantLast edited: 7/10/12
- Top 10 Least Well Known Culinary HerbsLast edited: 5/8/10
- History And Descriptions Of ChiliesLast edited: 3/8/10
- A Standard For All SeasonsLast edited: 2/16/10
Great all around experience in a beautiful college environment. Great chefs, serious students, exposure to lots of knowledge. Wonderful facilities! Can't go wrong.
I am still in school but this place is great. The teacher are know there stuff and many of them still work in the industry or they had previous experience from 4 star to managing the food for...
I personally had great times here and made a lot of friends. But all that aside, LCI stopped the externship part of the program which is truly where students will little to no experience really...
As a graduate in 2012 of Le Cordon Bleu I have nothing but good things to say about the school. Just like any other school it is there for you to gain knowledge and use it as a guide into your...
Let me start this review by saying, I love this piece of equipment. After watching the movie “Burnt” I jumped online and made an impulse buy, the Anova Bluetooth Precision Sous Vide Cooker. For...
herbs?post #1 of 58/9/10 at 5:57pmThread Starter
ChefTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 58/11/10 at 6:17am
There are a ton of them.
Try going down this list http://www.cheftalk.com/product.php?action=add_search and see if anything looks familiar.They have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard KiplingThey have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard Kiplingpost #3 of 58/11/10 at 7:43ampost #4 of 58/12/10 at 3:24pm
First published in 1931 I have A modern Herbal by Mrs M.Grieve maybe not what ur looking for but a gd read. Back then and I know right up ill the 80's Coriander was grown just for the seeds. the leaves were considered too pungent. Where would we be now witout cilantro eh?"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?" Jo Brand"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?" Jo Brand
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
- Pamela Grant
- › What knife brands/lines have thin blades? 3 minutes ago
- › Henckels Zwilling Twin Master Vs Victorinox (Forschner) 10 minutes ago
- › Homemade BBQ sauce- need a recomendation for molasses and honey 22 minutes ago
- › Omelet production: Cheap pans o' plenty or sparing high quality... 23 minutes ago
- › May 2016 Cooking Challenge Is :<= $10 57 minutes ago
- › beef prices 2 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Used equipment 3 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Sticky Bun Sugar???? 3 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › chicken coatings 3 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › Info About the Ecole Nationale Superieure de la Patisserie (ENSP) 4 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by backtobasics2
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by nikimouse311
- › Lincoln Culinary Institute - Culinary Training by PRChef561
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by bbqmsterflorian
- › Anova Sous Vide Immersion Circulator (Black) by theloggg
- › Chef Academy by MartyfromItaly
- › Culinary Cooking School Professional Meat Grinder Food Chopper Fits... by Pete
- › Institute of Culinary Education (New York) by m00chness
- › Mauviel M250 Tin Lined 8pc Copper Cookware by Virgil
- › Kikuichi 9.5" Nickel Sweden Warikomi Damascus Chef's Knife by Virgil
- › Jeffrey Hamelman Sandwich Bread
- › Coriander Crusted Pork Chops with Lime Glaze
- › Crab Stuffed Shrimp with Linguine and Ramps
- › Potato and Green Garlic Soup
- › Vegetable Tagine
- › Pork Tenderloin Sandwich
- › Jambalaya
- › Sauerkraut Soup and how to make Kohlrabi...
- › French Toast with Bourbon Peach Sauce
- › Grilled Shrimp Ceviche