Tonight, I had the Chance to rock the kitchen with a Corn Consomme. Somewhere down the lines it went wrong. Here are my procedures
1) Cleaned the Cob free of corn
2) Made a Corn stock
3) Reserved half of the cobs that I did not use for stock cleaned them free of any leftover corn. I threw away the hard center part of the cob in fear of it may turn the consomme bitter
5) Parboiled the rest of the corn then blended the corn with about a 1 1/2 Cup of reserve cooking liquid.
6) Took 9 Egg whites, 2 1/2 T minced carrot, 2 1/2 T of minced celery, and 1/4 Cup of minced onion whisked it all together.
7) Strained stock. I had 12 quarts of stock
8) chilled 8 quarts of stock
9) whisked warm leftover 4 quarts of stock to raft mixture.
10) Put all into a stock pot. Had a raft form and everything... however.. the liquid was a really creamy yellow color.
I believe the pureeing the corn may have ruined it... what do you think..It's driving me nuts!!!