I know this is probably a little early but football is just around the corner. Everyone knows the appropriate food for football is pizza and hot wings. Additionally everyone thinks their wings are the best, I just happen to be right:-)
What I want to know is what other people serve for football parties. At my house we're fans of the Jalapeno popper, and not those over-breaded bland slices you get in the freezer section. Here's the recipe:
25 jalapeño peppers
8 oz brick Monterey jack cheese cut into wedges small enough to stuff in peppers and leave room for cream cheese
8-16 oz cream cheese depending on the size of the jalapenos
Canola oil for deep frying
¾ cup flour
¼ cup corn meal
1 tbsp sea salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp baking powder
1 cup ice cold beer (preferably a light beer like corona)
- Slice open jalapeños, remove seeds (you can leave some of the seeds in if your friends have more durable palates than my friends)
- Stuff the cheese wedges into the peppers and fill the remaining space w cream cheese.
- Heat oil in deep fryer or large pan to 375f
- In a large bowl mix dry ingredients.
- Stir in 1 cup cold beer.
- One at a time, coat jalapeños in batter and drop in oil. Cook in batches until golden brown. Remove from oil with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve w/ sour cream and or guacamole
- Drink the remaining beer (optional)
What do you guys make? Could use some new ideas.
Thanks in advance.