I worked at a horse ranch and the ranch hand's wife made these amazing Mexican cookies! After several translations I was able to duplicate what she created. I sadly lost the recipe after many years It was a very bread-y cookie that involved boiled sugar cane, oil, vanilla, lots of flour, and cinnamon. It was delicious and not overly sweet. Any ideas? Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Queso Suiso Mexican Cake Recipe Wanted Last post on 4/8/05 at 4:55am in Pastries & Baking
- soft and chewy cookies Last post on 1/4/11 at 4:00am in Pastries & Baking
- key lime cheese cake Last post on 10/11/10 at 1:45am in Pastries & Baking
- trying to recreate grandmother's tea cake/sugar cookie recipe Last post on 9/27/10 at 6:26pm in Pastries & Baking
- Help with Mom's Cinnamon Rolls..... Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:08am in Pastries & Baking
The Perfect Yellow Cake Recipe And Techniques
Last edited: 9/26/11
- Mexican Food Recipes GuacamoleLast edited: 4/6/11
- Mexican Food Recipes ChampurradoLast edited: 2/28/11
- Mexican Food Recipes Flour TortillasLast edited: 3/19/10
- How To Make RugelachLast edited: 2/4/12
I recently had the joy of picking up "The German Kitchen" by Christopher and Catherine Knuth and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. The book's tag line is "Traditional Recipes,...
Instructions to the Cook Bernard Glassman & Rick Fields Reviewed by Jim Berman Guilty! I judged a book by its cover. I was in between titles, waiting for Ivan Ramen and the new Rene...
Ever since my first day of culinary school over 15 years ago I had thought of a product like this. A comfortable and ROOMY knife bag that can hold all of my knives, gadgets and my laptop. Being a...
For quite a while the neighborhood bakery seemed to be dying out, just like the neighborhood butcher and other individually-owned businesses. Along with this unfortunate trend was the loss of the...
It’s hard to imagine Julia Childs as anything other than a famous chef and author—her persona just seems to radiate Kitchen-chic. Yet, the story of Julia finding herself is richer than you would...
Mystery Mexican cookie!post #2 of 49/11/10 at 7:03pmpost #3 of 49/12/10 at 8:47pmThread Starterpost #4 of 49/13/10 at 10:12am
Was it a rolled cookie? There are many recipes for Biscochitos, which is a traditional Mexican sugar cookie, often seasoned with anise and typically sprinkled with cinnamon. The texture of these can vary from chewy [sort of like a thin biscuit], to more crisp. I have an authentic recipe which I will post on request.
Edited by amazingrace - 9/13/10 at 10:38am"The pressure's on...let's cook something!"
"The pressure's on...let's cook something!"
- Mystery Mexican cookie!
- Mexican Food Recipes Guacamole
- › Technique 14 minutes ago
- › Homemade Beef Sausage 33 minutes ago
- › Suggestion Please 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Hi I'm a young aspiring chef in need of some advice! 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › Making your own knife. 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › Sous Vide Home use 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › Gyuto and cleaver help 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › Making truffles, ganache, coulis, 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › Meyer Lemons Are In Season! 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › Copper Cleaning 3 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › The German Kitchen: Traditional Recipes, Regional Favorites by Pete
- › Instructions to the Cook: A Zen Master's Lessons in Living a... by Jim Berman
- › ChefPak by Pepperedfig
- › The Brown Betty Cookbook by prtybrd
- › Dearie: The Remarkable Life of Julia Child by BenRias
- › The Book Of Yogurt by Pete
- › Meat A Benign Extravagance by Fairlie, Simon [Chelsea Green,2010]... by hwood
- › Sun Bread and Sticky Toffee: Date Desserts from Everywhere by Cami
- › The Professional Bakeshop by Jim Berman
- › Shun Classic 6-1/2-Inch Stainless-Steel Nakiri Knife by Mark Hernen
- › A November Sunday in Torremolinos by ChrisBelgium
- › Orange Sherbet by Jim Berman
- › Malaga, a walk along tapa bars by ChrisBelgium
- › The First Timer's Guide to Roasting a... by Pete
- › A Brining We Shall Do by kaneohegirlinaz
- › Espresso + Gelato: The first in a series on... by Jim Berman
- › My Evening With Durangojo by kaneohegirlinaz
- › Polenta's Potential Predicated by ChefMannyDLM
- › Making Sauerkraut by Pete
- › Florida Lobster - Out of the kitchen and into... by eastshores