Hi all -
I am a new poster and apologize right off the bat for posting the first day with a request. I found this site through a google search and it looks like an amazing group - I can't wait to learn more!
I was looking for a site with food-minded souls who might be able to help my daughter. My 15yo. has an assignment for a chemistry project where she needs to interview a Chef who has been trained in culinary school with a few short questions on how they might use chemistry in their job. She had originally scheduled to interview two people different people here in town, but unfortunately both interviews fell through and she is scrambling a bit.
Would any posters be willing to answer a few questions by email?
Thank you so much for considering - you would really be helping us a lot!!
Here is a list of the questions:
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to answer my questions!
- Can you please tell me your name, the name of the company which employs you, your contact number or email address?
- What degrees do you hold?
- Where did you graduate from college, or any other additional education?
- What is your job description of your daily duties?
- How do you use chemistry in your job?
- Do you like or dislike your job?
- Do you have any extra advice to those wishing to go into the culinary field?
Thank you so much for taking the time to read - any help you can offer is appreciated!!