DOUGH: 1 (1/4oz) pkg dry active yeast 1 c warm milk 1/2 c sugar 1/3c butter 1 tsp salt 2 eggs 4 c flour
FILLING: 1 c. packed brown sugar 2 1/2 tbs cinnamon 1/3 c soften butter
- ROLLS: Dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl. Add sugar, salt, butter, and flour mix well.
- Knead the dough into a large ball. put in a bowl cover and let rise in warm place about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled.
- Roll out the doughon lightly floured surface, until approx. 21" long x 16"wide and approx 1/4" thick
note: i read that they come out moist n fluffy without preheating oven, but not to sure.
- FILLING: Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. set aside.
- spread softened butter over the surface of the dough, then sprinkle the sugar mixture evenly over the surface.
- working carefully from the long edge roll the dough down to the bottom edge.
- cut the dough into 1 3/4" slices and place in a lightly greased pan. cover and let rise until they double in size.
- bake for 10- 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
As for the filling i tried 3 different types. i tried the brown sugar (which made then hard from the melted sugar crystalizing after cooling). i tried regular sugar which was good but it didnt really give it a sweet feeling. and i tried both brown n regular sugar and it did the same exact thing that happened just with the brown sugar.
i really appreciate all the help, advice and tips you have given me....