I must admit I am rather poor at cooking and find it a chore for some reason. I think it has to do with my personality (I'm a tech guy)
My current list of recipes:
- Taco made with wheat tortilla, canned chicken and cheddar cheese.
- Pre-cooked brown rice with frozen vegetables, shrimp, and egg beaters
- Breaded chicken patty burger (patty and wheat bread buns)
- I also regularly eat cheerios, sandwiches (PB/J and cheese/turkey slice) and bananas
Al except the last item are made via microwave in one pass. And that is all I eat, every day of the week.
Besides a bit too high in sodium, I know it's not good to eat the same thing every day like I do. But I really dislike cooking and can not cook for several days since I only have a mini fridge (1.7 sq. ft). However, I do have a microwave, rice cooker, and oven/stove.
Can you guys point me to some healthy recipes that
- Take less than 5 minutes of preparatory work
- Allow "set and forget" cooking afterwords
As you can see from my current recipes, I am willing to give up a good amount of taste for convenience. I never add taste enhancing ingredients, though I'm willing to on other recipes if the nutritional value is still good overall. I'm also thinking about getting a crockpot or other cooking hardware so long as I can still make dishes that adhere to my rather strict cooking criteria.
Thanks for any recipe suggestions!