Starting this month through November ChefTalk is giving everyone a chance to win one of the following three great prizes.
Mundial’s 5100 Forged Series
The set is from Mundial’s popular 5100 forged series. Included is an 8” chef knife with granton edge, 8” bread knife, 6” boning knife, and 3.5” paring knife. The 5100 series feature fully forged high-carbon stainless steel blades and impact resistant polyacetal handles that are attached to the tang of the knives using the traditional 3 rivet design. The knives come with a full Lifetime Guarantee against defects in materials, construction and workmanship.
Courtesy of MadCowCutlery.com
CHEF PAKTM is a high-value, sporty backpack that can easily accommodate all the needs of a chef or culinary student. Each backpack comes equipped with a customized knife case portfolio that fits firmly in the back pocket. It is also designed to hold multiple cooking tools, chef uniforms, first-aid kit, laptop computer, instruction books, and much more. The tools are easily accessible and the unique design of the bag creates a lighter load and ensures safety for the user. No other backpack is exclusively designed or specifically equipped for chefs, in size or utility, to carry all of their gear.
The ultimate, all-in-one backpack for chefs and culinary students
Back pocket is custom built for knife case portfolio
Laptop pocket with maximum screen size of 17in
Middle pocket is large enough to hold books and/or uniforms
Designated area with pockets for your cooking utensils (up to 15in)
Front utility pocket with room for first aid kit, wallet, keys, pens, etc.
Padded straps and back panel for extra comfort
Includes CHEF PAK™ Knife Case
Courtesy of ChefPak.com
VinPodium-Rapid Wine Chiller
The VinPodium makes chilling your wine, Champagne, or spirit bottle to the proper serving temperature easy and quick. For instance, chill white wines to the low 50's F/11C in just 7 minutes. The VinPodium will fit regular 750mL bottles and up to the larger 1.5L size.
Courtesy of VinPodium.com
5 ChefTalk.com Coffee Mugs
The ChefTalk.com Coffee Mug often referred to as the Sasqatch of our community (because few have seen one). There is no better way to start your day than with your favorite drink in a ChefTalk.com coffee mug.
Courtesy of ChefTalk.com.
Tell Me, How Do I Win?????
For the past two months we have been giving away a prize a month (Courtesy of MadCowCuterly.com
) for community members who have submitted a product review. For this give-away we are asking members to submit a product review or a wiki article between now (October 23, 2010) and November 30, 2010. At the end of this time we will select the winners at random for the prizes (names are drawn out of mixing bowl). The more reviews or wikis you write the more times your name will be entered into the drawing to win.
Writing a Product Review
Reviews need not be lengthy, but they must clearly state why you like (or dislike) the product and why you would (or would not) recommend it. Every time you write a review your username will be put into the drawing. The more reviews you write the more you increase your chances of winning. See official rules below.
If you are not sure of how to write a review on ChefTalk then please review this tutorial on Writing Reviews
Writing a Wiki Article
Wikis can be written as a team and everyone who contributes to the wiki will be eligible to win one of the prizes. Every time you contribute to a wiki your name will be put into the drawing just like product reviews. The more you contribute to a wiki or create new wiki articles the more you increase your chances of winning. A wiki must be well written and useful to the community. See official rules below.
Here are a few examples of some wikis written by the community:
What to do with herb stems
- Product reviews should be well written and informative. Reviews that are only a few sentences long will not be counted. Write your review as if you were writing it for a friend so that they would know why you think they should purchase the product you are reviewing.
- Each review must be your own writing (another words original).
- You cannot re-use the same text for one review on another review. Each review must be unique.
- You must include pros and cons with your product review.
- You must include an overall star rating with your product review.
- Wikis must be original material not taken from another site (no copyrighted material).
- If contributing to a wiki it must be a wiki that has been created between between now (Oct 23, 2010) and November 30, 2010. Contributing to existing wikis will not be counted.
- Prior to contributing to an existing wiki you must have permission from the member who created the wiki.
- Remember wikis work best in teams and they are meant to be fun and a way to share knowledge with the community.
At the end of the month the winners will be chosen randomly from all the usernames of those that wrote reviews or wikis. The winners will be notified the first of December. And if you don't win, don't worry you will have plenty of chances to win as we will be giving away more prizes in the future.