How to keep the skin crisp on chicken theighs?
Here's what I did:
1. Heated up a pan
2. Generously put evoo on the theighs (bone in skin on)
3. Cooked them skin side down on med-high for 5 min
Skin was perfect at this point
4. Lowered the heat to med, flipped them over
After about 7 minutes the skin was getting soggy again
5. So I put them back on the skin side and went up to med-high again for 3 min
6. At that point the skin burned and I still had to flip them again for 5 more min until they fnished cooking.
Are you suppose to go back to the presentation side?
Should I have done like 15 min on med on the skin side first, then flipped them for the final 5 min on the other side?
Or after #3 spoon oil over the top?
Any thing else I should have/shouldn't have done?