just bought a madeline pan.. any recipes that you guys have success with? I tried a coconut madeline but I didn't have the pan a the time. It turned out as a cakey cookie... I like it to be slightly crispy outside edge and soft in middle.. but definitely buttery!
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
Try looking from this sites.
Hope this will be of help. :)
Here is a honey madeleine that bakes up wonderfully:
- 3/4 cup AP flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
-1/3 cup sugar
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 Tbsp. butter (melted and cooled)
1. Sift together flour and baking powder
2. Beat eggs and sugar on med-high with whisk until they lighten and thicken in color (about 4 minutes)
3. Beat in lemon zest, vanilla, and honey
4. With a spatula, fold in the dry ingredients, followed by the melted butter
5. Press plastic wrap against the batter (needs to be airtight) and chill for 3 - 48 hours
6. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 400F; butter your madeleine pan if it is NOT nonstick and dust with flour
7. Place batter in molds filling almost to the top
8. Bake large ones for 11 - 13 minutes; bake small ones for 8 - 10 minutes; or until golden and they spring back when touched
9. I like to remove the cookies right after taking out of the oven by banging the pan against the counter.