I am looking for a cookbook targeted towards professional pastry chefs that is focused solely on petit fours or mignardises. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have done some online searches, but so far have not found what I am looking for.
Related Forum Threads
- DCT SWITZERLAND EUROPEAN PASTRY & CHOCOLATE Last post on 7/15/10 at 2:42pm in General Culinary School Discussions
- chocolate viscosity Last post on 5/23/10 at 6:22pm in Professional Pastry Chefs
- A "Definitive" Italian Dessert Cookbook?? Last post on 1/7/06 at 12:13pm in Pastries & Baking
- Pastry chefs "or not" and wine Last post on 12/20/01 at 8:42pm in Pairing Food and Wine
- Nestle's Chocobake Last post on 8/9/14 at 9:21am in Pastries & Baking
Last edited: 7/10/12
- Puff PastryLast edited: 1/21/12
- When Is A Cobbler A Grunt Making Sense Of American Fruit DessertsLast edited: 3/8/10
- How To Make A Chocolate SouffleLast edited: 2/28/10
- How To Prepare A Panna Cotta With Honey And StrawberriesLast edited: 2/16/10
Great all around experience in a beautiful college environment. Great chefs, serious students, exposure to lots of knowledge. Wonderful facilities! Can't go wrong.
I am still in school but this place is great. The teacher are know there stuff and many of them still work in the industry or they had previous experience from 4 star to managing the food for...
I personally had great times here and made a lot of friends. But all that aside, LCI stopped the externship part of the program which is truly where students will little to no experience really...
As a graduate in 2012 of Le Cordon Bleu I have nothing but good things to say about the school. Just like any other school it is there for you to gain knowledge and use it as a guide into your...
Let me start this review by saying, I love this piece of equipment. After watching the movie “Burnt” I jumped online and made an impulse buy, the Anova Bluetooth Precision Sous Vide Cooker. For...
Searching for professional-level petit four cookbookpost #1 of 311/28/10 at 7:20pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 312/14/10 at 12:16pm
There are a number of books covering Petit Fours, but not many targeted directly toward professional pastry chefs. That said, you may want to investigate the following books to see if any meet your needs...
- Petits Fours, Chocolate, Frozen Desserts, and Sugar Work (French Professional Pastry Series). Roland Bilheux and Alain Escoffier. 1998, John Wilely & Sons, Inc. ISBN: 0470244100
- L’Art des Petit Fours: Sucrés et Salés (Art of Petits Fours: Sweet and Savory). French/English. Joel Bellouet and Michel Perruchon. 1999.
- Petits Fours (The Finishing Touch). Aaron Maree. 1993, Angus & Robertson. ISBN: 0207180350
- Indulgence Petits Fours: A Fine Selection of Sweet Treats. 2008, Murdoch Books. ISBN: 1741961181
A couple of related books...
- Sweet Miniatures: The Art of Making Bit-Size Desserts. Flo Braker. 2000, Chronicle Books. ISBN: 0811824460
- Petite Sweets: Bite-Size Desserts to Satisfy Every Sweet Tooth. Beatrice Ojakangas. 2001, Clarson Potter. ISBN 0609608258
Anyway, I hope this helps. =)
- Searching for professional-level petit four cookbook
- Puff Pastry
- › May 2016 Cooking Challenge Is :<= $10 17 minutes ago
- › Beet terrine 19 minutes ago
- › Executive Sous Chef Salary 47 minutes ago
- › Why Doesn't My Chinese Food Taste Like The Restaurants? 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Tamahagane San Tsubame Knives vs. Robert Welch vs. Wusthof Ikon... 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › Restaurant Concept Where Cooks Earn $20/Hr 3 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Tips for an extremely stressed, new cook? 4 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Hello from California! 5 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Needing advice 5 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by backtobasics2
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by nikimouse311
- › Lincoln Culinary Institute - Culinary Training by PRChef561
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by bbqmsterflorian
- › Anova Sous Vide Immersion Circulator (Black) by theloggg
- › Chef Academy by MartyfromItaly
- › Culinary Cooking School Professional Meat Grinder Food Chopper Fits... by Pete
- › Institute of Culinary Education (New York) by m00chness
- › Mauviel M250 Tin Lined 8pc Copper Cookware by Virgil
- › Kikuichi 9.5" Nickel Sweden Warikomi Damascus Chef's Knife by Virgil
- › Jeffrey Hamelman Sandwich Bread
- › Coriander Crusted Pork Chops with Lime Glaze
- › Crab Stuffed Shrimp with Linguine and Ramps
- › Potato and Green Garlic Soup
- › Vegetable Tagine
- › Pork Tenderloin Sandwich
- › Jambalaya
- › Sauerkraut Soup and how to make Kohlrabi...
- › French Toast with Bourbon Peach Sauce
- › Grilled Shrimp Ceviche