I am looking for a cookbook targeted towards professional pastry chefs that is focused solely on petit fours or mignardises. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have done some online searches, but so far have not found what I am looking for.
Related Forum Threads
- DCT SWITZERLAND EUROPEAN PASTRY & CHOCOLATE Last post on 7/15/10 at 2:42pm in General Culinary School Discussions
- chocolate viscosity Last post on 5/23/10 at 6:22pm in Professional Pastry Chefs
- A "Definitive" Italian Dessert Cookbook?? Last post on 1/7/06 at 12:13pm in Pastries & Baking
- Pastry chefs "or not" and wine Last post on 12/20/01 at 8:42pm in Pairing Food and Wine
- Need help deciding which school for a baking and pastry arts program. Input greatly appreciated :) Last post on 8/20/11 at 2:43am in General Culinary School Discussions
Last edited: 7/10/12
- Puff PastryLast edited: 1/21/12
- When Is A Cobbler A Grunt Making Sense Of American Fruit DessertsLast edited: 3/8/10
- How To Make A Chocolate SouffleLast edited: 2/28/10
- How To Prepare A Panna Cotta With Honey And StrawberriesLast edited: 2/16/10
I recently had the joy of picking up "The German Kitchen" by Christopher and Catherine Knuth and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. The book's tag line is "Traditional Recipes,...
Instructions to the Cook Bernard Glassman & Rick Fields Reviewed by Jim Berman Guilty! I judged a book by its cover. I was in between titles, waiting for Ivan Ramen and the new Rene...
Ever since my first day of culinary school over 15 years ago I had thought of a product like this. A comfortable and ROOMY knife bag that can hold all of my knives, gadgets and my laptop. Being a...
For quite a while the neighborhood bakery seemed to be dying out, just like the neighborhood butcher and other individually-owned businesses. Along with this unfortunate trend was the loss of the...
It’s hard to imagine Julia Childs as anything other than a famous chef and author—her persona just seems to radiate Kitchen-chic. Yet, the story of Julia finding herself is richer than you would...
Searching for professional-level petit four cookbookpost #1 of 311/28/10 at 7:20pmThread Starterpost #2 of 312/14/10 at 12:16pm
There are a number of books covering Petit Fours, but not many targeted directly toward professional pastry chefs. That said, you may want to investigate the following books to see if any meet your needs...
- Petits Fours, Chocolate, Frozen Desserts, and Sugar Work (French Professional Pastry Series). Roland Bilheux and Alain Escoffier. 1998, John Wilely & Sons, Inc. ISBN: 0470244100
- L’Art des Petit Fours: Sucrés et Salés (Art of Petits Fours: Sweet and Savory). French/English. Joel Bellouet and Michel Perruchon. 1999.
- Petits Fours (The Finishing Touch). Aaron Maree. 1993, Angus & Robertson. ISBN: 0207180350
- Indulgence Petits Fours: A Fine Selection of Sweet Treats. 2008, Murdoch Books. ISBN: 1741961181
A couple of related books...
- Sweet Miniatures: The Art of Making Bit-Size Desserts. Flo Braker. 2000, Chronicle Books. ISBN: 0811824460
- Petite Sweets: Bite-Size Desserts to Satisfy Every Sweet Tooth. Beatrice Ojakangas. 2001, Clarson Potter. ISBN 0609608258
Anyway, I hope this helps. =)
- Searching for professional-level petit four cookbook
- Puff Pastry
- › December Challenge: Cinnamon 9 minutes ago
- › Let's Talk Coffee... Let's Talk K-Cups and Pods 42 minutes ago
- › What veggies can handle Mushroom Sage olive oil? 53 minutes ago
- › What is wrong with this video? 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Talk to me about a "dry" brined turkey... 2 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › How long to cook 2-20lb prime rib in one oven............. 2 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › What are some unique ideas to make Christmas Special? 3 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › running out if foie ideas, please help! 4 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Preparing for school 4 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Hi 5 hours, 1 minute ago
- › The German Kitchen: Traditional Recipes, Regional Favorites by Pete
- › Instructions to the Cook: A Zen Master's Lessons in Living a... by Jim Berman
- › ChefPak by Pepperedfig
- › The Brown Betty Cookbook by prtybrd
- › Dearie: The Remarkable Life of Julia Child by BenRias
- › The Book Of Yogurt by Pete
- › Meat A Benign Extravagance by Fairlie, Simon [Chelsea Green,2010]... by hwood
- › Sun Bread and Sticky Toffee: Date Desserts from Everywhere by Cami
- › The Professional Bakeshop by Jim Berman
- › Shun Classic 6-1/2-Inch Stainless-Steel Nakiri Knife by Mark Hernen
- › A November Sunday in Torremolinos by ChrisBelgium
- › Orange Sherbet by Jim Berman
- › Malaga, a walk along tapa bars by ChrisBelgium
- › The First Timer's Guide to Roasting a... by Pete
- › A Brining We Shall Do by kaneohegirlinaz
- › Espresso + Gelato: The first in a series on... by Jim Berman
- › My Evening With Durangojo by kaneohegirlinaz
- › Polenta's Potential Predicated by ChefMannyDLM
- › Making Sauerkraut by Pete
- › Florida Lobster - Out of the kitchen and into... by eastshores