I am looking for a cookbook targeted towards professional pastry chefs that is focused solely on petit fours or mignardises. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have done some online searches, but so far have not found what I am looking for.
Related Forum Threads
- DCT SWITZERLAND EUROPEAN PASTRY & CHOCOLATE Last post on 7/15/10 at 2:42pm in General Culinary School Discussions
- chocolate viscosity Last post on 5/23/10 at 6:22pm in Professional Pastry Chefs
- A "Definitive" Italian Dessert Cookbook?? Last post on 1/7/06 at 12:13pm in Pastries & Baking
- Pastry chefs "or not" and wine Last post on 12/20/01 at 8:42pm in Pairing Food and Wine
- Nestle's Chocobake Last post on 8/9/14 at 9:21am in Pastries & Baking
Last edited: 7/10/12
- Puff PastryLast edited: 1/21/12
- When Is A Cobbler A Grunt Making Sense Of American Fruit DessertsLast edited: 3/8/10
- How To Make A Chocolate SouffleLast edited: 2/28/10
- How To Prepare A Panna Cotta With Honey And StrawberriesLast edited: 2/16/10
For a person who was too busy to cook and ate only at fast foods...it was worth the effort to really appreciate food and cooking by enrolling in the Le Cordon Bleu and graduating in 1982. I...
Overall i love what this school has done for me and my 10 years working in professional kitchens, i am now a chef and am so greatful for everything that has lead up to this point.
Gisslen's book was my first "serious" cookbook. It has since become my bible. Each chapter is split into theory and recipes. The theory reviews how the particular type of food, whether, meats,...
I recently completed this program on Aug 2015. To wrap up my experience in ENSP, here is my personal comments with regards to the Summer Pastry Program! The question is.. Would I recommend...
The International culinary school at the Art Institute of San Francisco is an expensive for profit culinary school. I am a current student in his last quarter and about to graduate with an...
Searching for professional-level petit four cookbookpost #1 of 311/28/10 at 7:20pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 312/14/10 at 12:16pm
There are a number of books covering Petit Fours, but not many targeted directly toward professional pastry chefs. That said, you may want to investigate the following books to see if any meet your needs...
- Petits Fours, Chocolate, Frozen Desserts, and Sugar Work (French Professional Pastry Series). Roland Bilheux and Alain Escoffier. 1998, John Wilely & Sons, Inc. ISBN: 0470244100
- L’Art des Petit Fours: Sucrés et Salés (Art of Petits Fours: Sweet and Savory). French/English. Joel Bellouet and Michel Perruchon. 1999.
- Petits Fours (The Finishing Touch). Aaron Maree. 1993, Angus & Robertson. ISBN: 0207180350
- Indulgence Petits Fours: A Fine Selection of Sweet Treats. 2008, Murdoch Books. ISBN: 1741961181
A couple of related books...
- Sweet Miniatures: The Art of Making Bit-Size Desserts. Flo Braker. 2000, Chronicle Books. ISBN: 0811824460
- Petite Sweets: Bite-Size Desserts to Satisfy Every Sweet Tooth. Beatrice Ojakangas. 2001, Clarson Potter. ISBN 0609608258
Anyway, I hope this helps. =)
- Searching for professional-level petit four cookbook
- Puff Pastry
- › Truth about Cinnamon 2 minutes ago
- › Need advice! 11 minutes ago
- › Thai curry: how to make sure it becomes oily? 40 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Please help identify this vintage kitchen tool 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › An inquisition regarding the terminology called "Pan Seasoning or... 3 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › How Many Hours Do You Work(Day/Week) 3 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › MenuPro menu printing software or the like??? 6 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Three Fave Knife Brands 6 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Question, how to properly prepare sushi and sashimi 6 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by karenlhall
- › The International Culinary Center - New York by Chef-Nicholas
- › Professional Cooking by motty
- › Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Pâtisserie by FollowUrHeart
- › The Art Institute of California - San Francisco by stevenvhayden
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by MichaelJKane
- › Pop Up Grill Barbecue portable télescopique 280 mm by Pete
- › HRC Culinary Academy, Bulgaria by konvict
- › Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy by Anthony Eugenio
- › Chinese Garnishes / Adornos Chinos: With Platter Arrangements / Con... by MillionsKnives
- › Top Ten Cooking Myths
- › Why Do You Cook?
- › Pineapple How To
- › Family Meal: Feeding the Crew on the Cheap
- › Restaurant Menus: The chorus of the kitchen
- › Kitchen Technology: Internet of Things is Not...
- › Managing the Management: How Cooks Can Cope
- › True Cooks
- › What does Shake Shack's ChickenStack...
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...