I am looking for a cookbook targeted towards professional pastry chefs that is focused solely on petit fours or mignardises. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have done some online searches, but so far have not found what I am looking for.
Related Forum Threads
- DCT SWITZERLAND EUROPEAN PASTRY & CHOCOLATE Last post on 7/15/10 at 2:42pm in General Culinary School Discussions
- chocolate viscosity Last post on 5/23/10 at 6:22pm in Professional Pastry Chefs
- A "Definitive" Italian Dessert Cookbook?? Last post on 1/7/06 at 12:13pm in Pastries & Baking
- Pastry chefs "or not" and wine Last post on 12/20/01 at 8:42pm in Pairing Food and Wine
- Nestle's Chocobake Last post on 8/9/14 at 9:21am in Pastries & Baking
Last edited: 7/10/12
- Puff PastryLast edited: 1/21/12
- When Is A Cobbler A Grunt Making Sense Of American Fruit DessertsLast edited: 3/8/10
- How To Make A Chocolate SouffleLast edited: 2/28/10
- How To Prepare A Panna Cotta With Honey And StrawberriesLast edited: 2/16/10
I got mine a little over two years ago as a christmas gift and I still use it every day. An overall solid knife, nothing to write home about, but out of the box it'll cut anything you need it to,...
Almost 2 years ago now, ChefTalk had a random-draw giveaway for one of these cutting boards. What you had to do was to write a review of a cutting board you use. I wrote one, and it was randomly...
This is a great book written by a very passionate pastry chef. In many ways, a home cook might never need anything more. There are recipes for all seasons and Jacquay covers the details completely....
A basic oil stone for knife maintenance. I use the coarse side for setting initial bevels and repairing blade damage. The coarse side is P150 and is grey I use the fine side to finish the edge....
It was a delight ordering my board from John. he was very helpful discussing the pros and cons of adding feet (I did and I like them.) He was friendly and helpful to all my enquiries, then made...
Searching for professional-level petit four cookbookpost #1 of 311/28/10 at 7:20pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 312/14/10 at 12:16pm
There are a number of books covering Petit Fours, but not many targeted directly toward professional pastry chefs. That said, you may want to investigate the following books to see if any meet your needs...
- Petits Fours, Chocolate, Frozen Desserts, and Sugar Work (French Professional Pastry Series). Roland Bilheux and Alain Escoffier. 1998, John Wilely & Sons, Inc. ISBN: 0470244100
- L’Art des Petit Fours: Sucrés et Salés (Art of Petits Fours: Sweet and Savory). French/English. Joel Bellouet and Michel Perruchon. 1999.
- Petits Fours (The Finishing Touch). Aaron Maree. 1993, Angus & Robertson. ISBN: 0207180350
- Indulgence Petits Fours: A Fine Selection of Sweet Treats. 2008, Murdoch Books. ISBN: 1741961181
A couple of related books...
- Sweet Miniatures: The Art of Making Bit-Size Desserts. Flo Braker. 2000, Chronicle Books. ISBN: 0811824460
- Petite Sweets: Bite-Size Desserts to Satisfy Every Sweet Tooth. Beatrice Ojakangas. 2001, Clarson Potter. ISBN 0609608258
Anyway, I hope this helps. =)
- Searching for professional-level petit four cookbook
- Puff Pastry
- › Did or did you not go to culinary school? Was it worth it? 7 minutes ago
- › Garlic shrimp scampi pasta - cheese or no cheese? 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Electric of Gas Tilt Skillet Better? 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Any Wüsthof PEtec experience here? 2 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Small rice size lumps! 3 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › Pie Crust 5 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › Struggling as a line cook... 6 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Roast Beef - Suggested Cuts 6 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › Lacto-fermentation of hot peppers. 6 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › Do I even need a santoku 7 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Global 8-Inch 20cm Cook's Knife by NikoBleau
- › John Boos Newton Prep Master Maple Wood Reversible Cutting Board... by ChrisLehrer
- › The Art of French Pastry by Jacquy Pfeiffer by OCDshaver
- › Norton 614636855653 IB8 1-by-2-by-8-Inch Fine/Coarse India... by Scott Livesey
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by tobe999
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by dumpling
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Mustardpot
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Food Safety As Kitchen Culture
- › Cranberry/Orange Parfait with Chocolate Sauce...
- › Vegan Cuisine - It's Not Just Bean Curd...
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise
- › A "No Turkey" Thanksgiving-Roast Pork
- › Caramelized Cauliflower
- › Holiday Entertaining-Cocktails