I am looking for a cookbook targeted towards professional pastry chefs that is focused solely on petit fours or mignardises. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have done some online searches, but so far have not found what I am looking for.
Related Forum Threads
- DCT SWITZERLAND EUROPEAN PASTRY & CHOCOLATE Last post on 7/15/10 at 2:42pm in General Culinary School Discussions
- chocolate viscosity Last post on 5/23/10 at 6:22pm in Professional Pastry Chefs
- A "Definitive" Italian Dessert Cookbook?? Last post on 1/7/06 at 12:13pm in Pastries & Baking
- Pastry chefs "or not" and wine Last post on 12/20/01 at 8:42pm in Pairing Food and Wine
- Nestle's Chocobake Last post on 8/9/14 at 9:21am in Pastries & Baking
Last edited: 7/10/12
- Puff PastryLast edited: 1/21/12
- When Is A Cobbler A Grunt Making Sense Of American Fruit DessertsLast edited: 3/8/10
- How To Make A Chocolate SouffleLast edited: 2/28/10
- How To Prepare A Panna Cotta With Honey And StrawberriesLast edited: 2/16/10
So I've been working in the industry for 12years, I couldn't afford some of the price tags to attend a campus, and most the time even if i could it would involve me leaving my current job and...
This book is in english and spanish, and takes you through some really fancy garnishes. Not just the stuff you see at dinner in a chinese restaurant, but the stuff you see at weddings in a chinese...
I think we've all had one of these in our rolls, most from our school days. And, for a very good reason, they were issued because they are safe, reliable, low cost, and competent. I have multiple...
Umami is what I would consider an essential book, What people think Umami is and what it actually is are two totally different things. I've heard people say it's the taste of goodness or some other...
J Sargeant Reyolds is a community college in downtown Richmond, VA. It offers many different courses that most community colleges do. The course I am taking Is the ACF certified culinary course....
Searching for professional-level petit four cookbookpost #1 of 311/28/10 at 7:20pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 312/14/10 at 12:16pm
There are a number of books covering Petit Fours, but not many targeted directly toward professional pastry chefs. That said, you may want to investigate the following books to see if any meet your needs...
- Petits Fours, Chocolate, Frozen Desserts, and Sugar Work (French Professional Pastry Series). Roland Bilheux and Alain Escoffier. 1998, John Wilely & Sons, Inc. ISBN: 0470244100
- L’Art des Petit Fours: Sucrés et Salés (Art of Petits Fours: Sweet and Savory). French/English. Joel Bellouet and Michel Perruchon. 1999.
- Petits Fours (The Finishing Touch). Aaron Maree. 1993, Angus & Robertson. ISBN: 0207180350
- Indulgence Petits Fours: A Fine Selection of Sweet Treats. 2008, Murdoch Books. ISBN: 1741961181
A couple of related books...
- Sweet Miniatures: The Art of Making Bit-Size Desserts. Flo Braker. 2000, Chronicle Books. ISBN: 0811824460
- Petite Sweets: Bite-Size Desserts to Satisfy Every Sweet Tooth. Beatrice Ojakangas. 2001, Clarson Potter. ISBN 0609608258
Anyway, I hope this helps. =)
- Searching for professional-level petit four cookbook
- Puff Pastry
- › Knife Recomendations 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Best Gyuto for around $200? 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Santoku recommendations 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › getting experience 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › cleaver believer 2 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › New Toy 2 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Inventory situation 3 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Greetings from South Florida - Coral Gables 3 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Gonbei Hammered Damascus Gyuto Vs Sakai Takayuki Gyuto 5 hours ago
- › Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy by Anthony Eugenio
- › Chinese Garnishes / Adornos Chinos: With Platter Arrangements / Con... by MillionsKnives
- › Mercer Cutlery Genesis 8-Inch Chef's Knife by harrisonh
- › Umami: The Fifth Taste by ChefTorres87
- › J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College by the1culinarykid
- › UNLV William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration by harrisonh
- › Oregon Culinary Institute by Carrie'
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by wangxing
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Chef B
- › Heat: An Amateur's Adventures as Kitchen Slave, Line Cook,... by Joe Banneke
- › What does Shake Shack's ChickenStack...
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...
- › Fourth of July: What Would George Eat?
- › How to add a culinary school to ChefTalk.com
- › Culinary School Review Contest
- › The Strain Gauge: The Heart of the Digital Scale
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution