I am looking for a cookbook targeted towards professional pastry chefs that is focused solely on petit fours or mignardises. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have done some online searches, but so far have not found what I am looking for.
Related Forum Threads
- DCT SWITZERLAND EUROPEAN PASTRY & CHOCOLATE Last post on 7/15/10 at 2:42pm in General Culinary School Discussions
- chocolate viscosity Last post on 5/23/10 at 6:22pm in Professional Pastry Chefs
- A "Definitive" Italian Dessert Cookbook?? Last post on 1/7/06 at 12:13pm in Pastries & Baking
- Pastry chefs "or not" and wine Last post on 12/20/01 at 8:42pm in Pairing Food and Wine
- Nestle's Chocobake Last post on 8/9/14 at 9:21am in Pastries & Baking
Last edited: 7/10/12
- Puff PastryLast edited: 1/21/12
- When Is A Cobbler A Grunt Making Sense Of American Fruit DessertsLast edited: 3/8/10
- How To Make A Chocolate SouffleLast edited: 2/28/10
- How To Prepare A Panna Cotta With Honey And StrawberriesLast edited: 2/16/10
This is a great well written resource for any chef. If gives lots of info on cooking techniques and best practices. I can't imagine a home cook churning out mushroom or carrot powder . On the other...
The classes were great the chef's were amazing. There with you working side by side with you involved and cared about what was going on in the school but also how you were doing as a person not...
I'm a graduate of Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Chicago (when I graduated 10 years ago, it was still called The Cooking & Hospitality Institute of Chicago). At the time of enrollment, I...
This board has is well made and very durable, doesn't splinter under the force of sharp knives nor has it separated at the seams from repeated washing and drying like some boards do. I am drawn to...
This is an awesome board. I have had it for a little under a year right now. The board is holding up great to wear and the wood is extremely hard. I will definitely be buying another Boos board.
Searching for professional-level petit four cookbookpost #1 of 311/28/10 at 7:20pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 312/14/10 at 12:16pm
There are a number of books covering Petit Fours, but not many targeted directly toward professional pastry chefs. That said, you may want to investigate the following books to see if any meet your needs...
- Petits Fours, Chocolate, Frozen Desserts, and Sugar Work (French Professional Pastry Series). Roland Bilheux and Alain Escoffier. 1998, John Wilely & Sons, Inc. ISBN: 0470244100
- L’Art des Petit Fours: Sucrés et Salés (Art of Petits Fours: Sweet and Savory). French/English. Joel Bellouet and Michel Perruchon. 1999.
- Petits Fours (The Finishing Touch). Aaron Maree. 1993, Angus & Robertson. ISBN: 0207180350
- Indulgence Petits Fours: A Fine Selection of Sweet Treats. 2008, Murdoch Books. ISBN: 1741961181
A couple of related books...
- Sweet Miniatures: The Art of Making Bit-Size Desserts. Flo Braker. 2000, Chronicle Books. ISBN: 0811824460
- Petite Sweets: Bite-Size Desserts to Satisfy Every Sweet Tooth. Beatrice Ojakangas. 2001, Clarson Potter. ISBN 0609608258
Anyway, I hope this helps. =)
- Searching for professional-level petit four cookbook
- Puff Pastry
- › Tomatoe sauce and bolognese 14 minutes ago
- › Beware of Canola Oil 59 minutes ago
- › Poultry - To rinse or Not to Rinse? 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › My sense of smell is gone! 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Shorts 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › crab cooking? 2 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Major problem with my lean dough 2 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 2 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Fresh Corn 4 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Getting the right temperatures on resting 4 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › The French Laundry Cookbook by Sian
- › Art Institute of Dallas by Kenneth Goldber
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by Chef Sherry V
- › Architec Gripperwood 10-by-15-Inch Gourmet Sheesham Cutting, Board by laurenlulu
- › John Boos 18" Round American Cherry Chopping Block by KingNothing
- › Maple End Grain Chopping Block 15 x 15 x 2 by ChrisLehrer
- › Algonquin College School of Hospitality & Tourism by dents
- › Michigan Maple Block AGA02418 24" x 18" Maple Cutting Board by cheflayne
- › John Boos 24 by 18 by 2-1/4-Inch Reversible Maple Cutting Board by Dlee
- › Les Petits Macarons: Colorful French Confections to Make at Home by dents
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...
- › The Unsung Heroes of the Kitchen
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part I An...
- › Mentoring New Cooks
- › Leaving the Business: The Dark Side
- › Infiltrating The Kitchen!