I am looking for a cookbook targeted towards professional pastry chefs that is focused solely on petit fours or mignardises. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have done some online searches, but so far have not found what I am looking for.
Related Forum Threads
- DCT SWITZERLAND EUROPEAN PASTRY & CHOCOLATE Last post on 7/15/10 at 2:42pm in General Culinary School Discussions
- chocolate viscosity Last post on 5/23/10 at 6:22pm in Professional Pastry Chefs
- A "Definitive" Italian Dessert Cookbook?? Last post on 1/7/06 at 12:13pm in Pastries & Baking
- Pastry chefs "or not" and wine Last post on 12/20/01 at 8:42pm in Pairing Food and Wine
- chocolate port paired with a chocolate dessert: yay or nay? Last post on 4/9/14 at 1:12pm in Pairing Food and Wine
Last edited: 7/10/12
- Puff PastryLast edited: 1/21/12
- When Is A Cobbler A Grunt Making Sense Of American Fruit DessertsLast edited: 3/8/10
- How To Make A Chocolate SouffleLast edited: 2/28/10
- How To Prepare A Panna Cotta With Honey And StrawberriesLast edited: 2/16/10
I enrolled with Escoffier Online several months ago after looking at two culinary schools (one at a community college), both of which were a 35 to 40 minute drive away. As someone working...
This book came unexpectedly across my desk and I must say it has been a wonderful volume to explore. Lots of books have appeared in recent times from food bloggers and this one fits into that...
Back in 2009 my wife and I took a trip to Paris and I thought it would be a lot of fun to go to the Le Cordon Bleu in Paris and take a one day bread making class. Le Cordon Blue Paris actually...
I attended J&W Culinary in Denver during the 2001-02 school year. While I was there I felt that the program was a very thorough and well-rounded program. The instructors were a pretty decent...
The Hawaiian language is very complicated. A word or portion of a word can mean many different things, but for me when I hear the word ALOHA, I hear the HA, meaning ‘the breath of life’ or ‘the...
Searching for professional-level petit four cookbookpost #1 of 311/28/10 at 7:20pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 312/14/10 at 12:16pm
There are a number of books covering Petit Fours, but not many targeted directly toward professional pastry chefs. That said, you may want to investigate the following books to see if any meet your needs...
- Petits Fours, Chocolate, Frozen Desserts, and Sugar Work (French Professional Pastry Series). Roland Bilheux and Alain Escoffier. 1998, John Wilely & Sons, Inc. ISBN: 0470244100
- L’Art des Petit Fours: Sucrés et Salés (Art of Petits Fours: Sweet and Savory). French/English. Joel Bellouet and Michel Perruchon. 1999.
- Petits Fours (The Finishing Touch). Aaron Maree. 1993, Angus & Robertson. ISBN: 0207180350
- Indulgence Petits Fours: A Fine Selection of Sweet Treats. 2008, Murdoch Books. ISBN: 1741961181
A couple of related books...
- Sweet Miniatures: The Art of Making Bit-Size Desserts. Flo Braker. 2000, Chronicle Books. ISBN: 0811824460
- Petite Sweets: Bite-Size Desserts to Satisfy Every Sweet Tooth. Beatrice Ojakangas. 2001, Clarson Potter. ISBN 0609608258
Anyway, I hope this helps. =)
- Searching for professional-level petit four cookbook
- Puff Pastry
- › Who are we really cooking for? 2 minutes ago
- › Use of negative space in plating 10 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 31 minutes ago
- › Cant keep my wusthofs sharp for longer than a day 2 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Lined or unlined bannetons first? 4 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Potato salad 4 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › First catering GIG 5 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Guess The Dish... 5 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Need new knives. Leaning Japanese 5 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Another advice/info request thread 5 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy by Art Good
- › Tasty Express by Waynus
- › Le Cordon Bleu - Paris by Nicko
- › Johnson and Wales University - Denver CO by theloggg
- › A Taste of Aloha by kaneohegirlinaz
- › John Boos Blended Maple 25 Wide Kitchen Counter Top, 1-1/2 Thick,... by SandSquid
- › Johnson and Wales University - Providence, RI by ChefNickNack
- › L'École Culinaire Culinary Programs by SandSquid
- › Edge Pro Essential Set by Galley Swiller
- › Cooking Up a Business: Lessons from Food Lovers Who Turned Their... by Pete
- › Kitchen Facts & Fictional Living: Feeding... by Charles Martin
- › Kitchen Facts & Fictional Living: ... by Charles Martin
- › The Malady That is the Modern Cooking Show by ChefMannyDLM
- › How To Title Your Discussion Thread by Nicko
- › Meyer Lemon Curd by kaneohegirlinaz
- › Dry Brining by phatch
- › How To Buy and Store Lobster by Nicko
- › How To Tell If A Lobster is Male or Female by Nicko
- › Making Creme Brulee by Pete
- › Embed That Thread! by Nicko