This recipe is absolutely delicious. It doesnt last long in the fridge if you have a sweet tooth! Enjoy :)
| Makes 15 large truffles or 25 small ones |
| Prep 45 minutes |
| TIP: You can use any nuts that you prefer |
¼Cup of smooth peanut butter
½ Cup of cream
1 tspVanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a large heatproof bowl. Sit bowl on top of a pot of simmering water, being sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Stir continuously until melted, remove from heat and cool slightly before refrigerating until firm. (Can take up to 2 hours, depending on fridge temperature)
¾ Cup of a mix between crushed peanuts and crushed hazelnuts
¾Cup of puffed rice
- While the filling of the truffles is in the refrigerator, the mix of crushed nuts and puffed rice on a tray, and mix them together.
- When the truffle filling is firm, drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the tray of nuts and puffed rice.
- Using your hands, coat the mixture and roll them into balls, making sure the mixture is full coated with the dry ingredients. Place balls on a tray lined with baking paper and refrigerate until firm. (Can take anywhere between 30-60 minutes)
- When the balls are firm, place 350g of milk chocolate in a heatproof bowl and put on top of a pot of simmering water. Stir occasionally until the chocolate is melted.
- Dip one truffle into the melted chocolate, pushing it down deeper with a fork. Using the same fork, pull the truffle up and wipe the dripping chocolate on the edge of the bowl.
- Place chocolate truffle a tray lined with baking paper. Repeat until balls are covered (TIP: The truffles still taste great without being covered with chocolate)
- Refrigerate until firm.