I know it represents a very small (and maybe unauthentic) part of Japanese cuisine, but I take a look at Japanese cookbooks in the book stores and find lots of sushi recipes. I don't have anything against sushi, but sushi grade fish is near impossible to find in my area. And ultimately, I'm a huge Asian fusion fan and interested in recipes from the Japanese steak houses. Any recommendations? I've found google not so helpful.
- categoryAsiantagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryCookbookstagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryJapanesetagged by System, 2/7/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes: Creating Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods (Penguin Viking Plume General Books)tagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes Lite!tagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits, & Shakestagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes Unlocked: All New Home Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foodstagged by System, 3/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- First International Reviewer Last post on 10/12/10 at 8:10pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Suggestions for good Thai cookbook Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:20pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Experience working with noodles (specifically speaking...Japanese Tonkotsu Ramen) Last post on 8/12/10 at 2:39pm in Professional Chefs
- Tonkotsu Ramen Broth...something went wrong Last post on 6/22/15 at 5:44pm in Food & Cooking
- Western cooks that specialize in Asian cuisine Last post on 7/1/09 at 3:13am in General Culinary School Discussions
Last edited: 10/1/10
- DashiLast edited: 10/1/10
- SantokuLast edited: 8/25/10
- Pamela GrantLast edited: 7/10/12
- Japanese Knives 101Last edited: 5/7/13
I graduated from Le Cordon Bleu Las Vegas in 2014 and honestly it was a very amazing experience! The school sets you up for as many internships that you can accomplish if you are willing to put in...
This is only based upon the campus tour. I plan on updating as I go through the culinary program, starting in July 16 Living in NYC you have two choices. ICC, and ICE. So my first tour was...
What can I say? There is not one person who has ever held a pan that will deny the beauty of well made copper cookware. Whether you like using copper or not, I think we can all at least agree...
The Kikuichi Swedish Damascus Warikomi 9.5 inch is a fine example of Japanese craftsmanship. Everything from the hand forged blade to the precise, yet, simple handle drips with quality. With a...
Disclaimer: I got one of these Codream colanders for free to review, but my opinions good bad or ugly are always my own. It's available on Amazon for $15.99 at the time of review A...
Hibachi House cookbook.post #1 of 412/18/10 at 2:11amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 412/18/10 at 6:58am
Todd Wilbur has cloned many of Benihana's recipes in his various Top Secret Recipe books. You'd have to buy a number of his books to get all the Benihana stuff. You can also pay to download individual recipes from his site, wwwtopsecretrecipes which might be a cheaper route if all you want is Benihana recipes.
The library is also your friend in these cases.post #3 of 412/18/10 at 11:25am
I don't know about cookbooks. But a quick google under "Japanese grill recipes," "hibachi recipes," and "Benihana recipes" yielded dozens of possibilities.They have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard KiplingThey have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard Kiplingpost #4 of 412/18/10 at 11:46amThread Starter
searching teppanyaki is getting me a little better results, still not awesome. I'm thinking my best approach might be to go into my asian cookbooks and... I'll need to invent a word for this... but de-stir-fry some of the recipes... know what I mean? Maybe take some stir-fry dishes and separate the components, keeping the proteins whole.
- Hibachi House cookbook.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Preventing Clumps in Rice Cooker 17 minutes ago
- › What is this kitchen tool/item? 20 minutes ago
- › itinomonn sale 1 hour ago
- › Anyone have experience with Curtis Stone knives? 4 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › twist on meatloaf 4 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Drizzling Chocolate 4 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › First Culinary Walk In Interview. FT Student Needs 2 ?s Answered.... 4 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Adventurous Cooking on a Budget 5 hours, 1 minute ago
- › purging clams, lets stop the madness 5 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › Would an electric Sharpener Ruin The knife? 5 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by Marmaladeonmain
- › Institute of Culinary Education (New York) by m00chness
- › Mauviel M250 Tin Lined 8pc Copper Cookware by Virgil
- › Kikuichi 9.5" Nickel Sweden Warikomi Damascus Chef's Knife by Virgil
- › Codream® Micro Perforated Stainless Steel Colander 5 Quart with... by MillionsKnives
- › Jende White Ceramic Steel by MillionsKnives
- › Burger Press- Best Hamburger Press From Motamayez Home Made of... by Grunch92
- › Yamada iron launch one hand wok (thickness 1.2mm) 33cm (japan import) by MillionsKnives
- › Sullivan University, Louisville, KY by hashbrownclown
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by rpmiller