I know it represents a very small (and maybe unauthentic) part of Japanese cuisine, but I take a look at Japanese cookbooks in the book stores and find lots of sushi recipes. I don't have anything against sushi, but sushi grade fish is near impossible to find in my area. And ultimately, I'm a huge Asian fusion fan and interested in recipes from the Japanese steak houses. Any recommendations? I've found google not so helpful.
- categoryAsiantagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryCookbookstagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryJapanesetagged by System, 2/7/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes: Creating Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods (Penguin Viking Plume General Books)tagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes Lite!tagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits, & Shakestagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes Unlocked: All New Home Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foodstagged by System, 3/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- First International Reviewer Last post on 10/12/10 at 8:10pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Suggestions for good Thai cookbook Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:20pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Experience working with noodles (specifically speaking...Japanese Tonkotsu Ramen) Last post on 8/12/10 at 2:39pm in Professional Chefs
- Tonkotsu Ramen Broth...something went wrong Last post on 11/2/10 at 5:17pm in Food & Cooking
- Western cooks that specialize in Asian cuisine Last post on 7/1/09 at 3:13am in General Culinary School Discussions
Last edited: 10/1/10
- DashiLast edited: 10/1/10
- SantokuLast edited: 8/25/10
- Pamela GrantLast edited: 7/10/12
- Japanese Knives 101Last edited: 5/7/13
Like I said, I like this app. Just wanted to put the first review up!
You may wonder why I would title my book review “Mastering what you love to eat.” However in Patricia Wells’ latest book, The French Kitchen Cookbook, Recipes and Lessons from Paris and Provence,...
My wife and I are big yogurt eaters, and for years we've purchased store bought yogurt, but, this year, for Christmas I purchased a Donvier Yogurt Maker for my wife and we haven't purchased store...
DK seems to have done it again. They have produced a truly wonderful cookbook. Cooking Season by Season, 1000 recipes to cook through the year by DK has become my current favorite go-to cookbook. ...
It is safe to say that I am the only one in my extended family that cooks wild game. If I expand that I believe I have only one friend that cooks wild game, and she doesn’t do it on a regular...
Hibachi House cookbook.post #1 of 412/18/10 at 2:11amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 412/18/10 at 6:58am
Todd Wilbur has cloned many of Benihana's recipes in his various Top Secret Recipe books. You'd have to buy a number of his books to get all the Benihana stuff. You can also pay to download individual recipes from his site, wwwtopsecretrecipes which might be a cheaper route if all you want is Benihana recipes.
The library is also your friend in these cases.more than taste fine
me eat it all the timemore than taste fine
me eat it all the timepost #3 of 412/18/10 at 11:25am
I don't know about cookbooks. But a quick google under "Japanese grill recipes," "hibachi recipes," and "Benihana recipes" yielded dozens of possibilities.They have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard KiplingThey have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard Kiplingpost #4 of 412/18/10 at 11:46amThread Starter
searching teppanyaki is getting me a little better results, still not awesome. I'm thinking my best approach might be to go into my asian cookbooks and... I'll need to invent a word for this... but de-stir-fry some of the recipes... know what I mean? Maybe take some stir-fry dishes and separate the components, keeping the proteins whole.
- Hibachi House cookbook.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Please Help:) 29 seconds ago
- › Please help.. 2 minutes ago
- › Think you chop an onion fast? 30 minutes ago
- › Blatant Stealing / Copying Another Chefs Work. 41 minutes ago
- › Yorkshire loaf? 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › A year? Two? Ten, a hundred? 2 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 3 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › March 2014 Challenge - Beans 3 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Corn development on foot 3 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › beer and food pairing 4 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Schedulehead (Employee Scheduling Program) by jcaters
- › The French Kitchen Cookbook: Recipes and Lessons from Paris and... by Cami
- › Cuisipro Donvier Electronic Yogurt Maker by Pete
- › Cooking Season by Season by Cami
- › The Venison Cookbook: Venison Dishes from Fast to Fancy by Cami
- › Chef's Choice 320 Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener by DrLogik
- › The Holiday Kosher Baker: Traditional & Contemporary Holiday... by Cami
- › Furi Ozitech Diamond Fingers Pro Knife Sharpener by nastia
- › Ivan Ramen: Love, Obsession, and Recipes from Tokyo's Most... by Jim Berman
- › Eat Ink: Recipes. Stories. Tattoos. by Jim Berman
- › Embed That Thread! by Nicko
- › Best Practices in Tagging by Nicko
- › Finding Comfort Between Two Slices of Bread by Jim Berman
- › Barbecue, Macarons, Pizza & Burgers by Jim Berman
- › Perfect for a cold winter's day: Mexican... by ChefMannyDLM
- › How To Make Pheasant Stock by Nicko
- › How to smoke ham hocks by Nicko
- › Why I Cook: A Chef's Manifesto by ChefMannyDLM
- › A Simple How-To Guide to Making Risotto by Nicko
- › The Restaurant Evolution by Chef Carrasco