I know it represents a very small (and maybe unauthentic) part of Japanese cuisine, but I take a look at Japanese cookbooks in the book stores and find lots of sushi recipes. I don't have anything against sushi, but sushi grade fish is near impossible to find in my area. And ultimately, I'm a huge Asian fusion fan and interested in recipes from the Japanese steak houses. Any recommendations? I've found google not so helpful.
- categoryAsiantagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryCookbookstagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryJapanesetagged by System, 2/7/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes: Creating Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods (Penguin Viking Plume General Books)tagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes Lite!tagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits, & Shakestagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes Unlocked: All New Home Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foodstagged by System, 3/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- First International Reviewer Last post on 10/12/10 at 8:10pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Suggestions for good Thai cookbook Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:20pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Experience working with noodles (specifically speaking...Japanese Tonkotsu Ramen) Last post on 8/12/10 at 2:39pm in Professional Chefs
- Tonkotsu Ramen Broth...something went wrong Last post on 11/13/14 at 11:21am in Food & Cooking
- Western cooks that specialize in Asian cuisine Last post on 7/1/09 at 3:13am in General Culinary School Discussions
Last edited: 10/1/10
- DashiLast edited: 10/1/10
- SantokuLast edited: 8/25/10
- Pamela GrantLast edited: 7/10/12
- Japanese Knives 101Last edited: 5/7/13
I have been a student of this school. I paid the training package more expensive. I have only sold smoke, words and stories. Choose another school. Here the chefs are good, but the lessons are...
For many years I viewed a toaster oven as mostly a device that could toast bread or burn most anything else. To be fair, it had purposes like melting cheese on a sandwich, and, and.. well that's...
All in all a great thermometer, has the ability to be re calibrated, fast and reliable. The only down side is the tip but it's a double edged sword! It starts from a smaller thinner tip to to a...
The handle on this knife is very comfortable. Very balanced weight gives a natural feeling when using. The blade on this knife is a dream to work with, holds an edge for a long period of time and...
This thermometer is great. Very easy to use and clean, and a huge help when cooking something larger like a tenderloin or turkey
Hibachi House cookbook.post #1 of 412/18/10 at 2:11amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 412/18/10 at 6:58am
Todd Wilbur has cloned many of Benihana's recipes in his various Top Secret Recipe books. You'd have to buy a number of his books to get all the Benihana stuff. You can also pay to download individual recipes from his site, wwwtopsecretrecipes which might be a cheaper route if all you want is Benihana recipes.
The library is also your friend in these cases.post #3 of 412/18/10 at 11:25am
I don't know about cookbooks. But a quick google under "Japanese grill recipes," "hibachi recipes," and "Benihana recipes" yielded dozens of possibilities.They have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard KiplingThey have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard Kiplingpost #4 of 412/18/10 at 11:46amThread Starter
searching teppanyaki is getting me a little better results, still not awesome. I'm thinking my best approach might be to go into my asian cookbooks and... I'll need to invent a word for this... but de-stir-fry some of the recipes... know what I mean? Maybe take some stir-fry dishes and separate the components, keeping the proteins whole.
- Hibachi House cookbook.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Kale! 5 minutes ago
- › Frozen geoduck, any idea to cook it? 19 minutes ago
- › January 2015 Challenge, Slow Cooking 30 minutes ago
- › Diane sauce Australia? 36 minutes ago
- › Mild Palacios Chorizo - Is it yummy 47 minutes ago
- › Icing for Chocolate Zucchini Cake 48 minutes ago
- › Presentation and plating skills 58 minutes ago
- › Iceland recomendations 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Need Coat/Jacket Advice! Please help! 1 hour, 46 minutes ago
- › what kind of knife do you have? 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by Fraccount
- › Oster TSSTTVMNDG Digital Large Capacity Toaster Oven,... by eastshores
- › Comark PDQ400 Slim Pocket Digital Thermometer by EverydayGourmet
- › Wusthof Classic Ikon 8-Inch Hollow Ground Cooks Knife, Black by SicariiX
- › Splash-Proof Super-Fast Thermapen (Gray) Instant Read Thermometer,... by Mahee Ferlini
- › Espressione CA4865 Supremma Super Automatic Coffee/Beverage System;... by Frustro
- › Monday Morning Cooking Club: The Food, the Stories, the Sisterhood by Cami
- › Kyocera Kyotop Damascus Pakka Handle 6.0 Inch Chef Knife by Mahee Ferlini
- › Wusthof Classic Ikon 3-1/2-Inch Peeling Knife, Black by 4Barry
- › Betty Crocker The Big Book of Cookies (Betty Crocker Big Book) by Cami
- › Perfect Choux Pastry
- › The Secret to a Sexy Fettuccine Alfredo
- › Milanese Creamy Pesto
- › Steak Cooking 101 (home/indoor) by a Pro
- › Chef shortcuts for holiday goodies
- › Forgotten Christmas Candy - Divinity and...
- › Der Kuchen
- › Keeping Great Employees
- › The Truth About Leftovers!
- › Packing in Festive Feasting (How To Make...