I know it represents a very small (and maybe unauthentic) part of Japanese cuisine, but I take a look at Japanese cookbooks in the book stores and find lots of sushi recipes. I don't have anything against sushi, but sushi grade fish is near impossible to find in my area. And ultimately, I'm a huge Asian fusion fan and interested in recipes from the Japanese steak houses. Any recommendations? I've found google not so helpful.
- categoryAsiantagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryCookbookstagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryJapanesetagged by System, 2/7/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes: Creating Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods (Penguin Viking Plume General Books)tagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes Lite!tagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits, & Shakestagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes Unlocked: All New Home Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foodstagged by System, 3/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- First International Reviewer Last post on 10/12/10 at 8:10pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Suggestions for good Thai cookbook Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:20pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Experience working with noodles (specifically speaking...Japanese Tonkotsu Ramen) Last post on 8/12/10 at 2:39pm in Professional Chefs
- Tonkotsu Ramen Broth...something went wrong Last post on 6/22/15 at 5:44pm in Food & Cooking
- Western cooks that specialize in Asian cuisine Last post on 7/1/09 at 3:13am in General Culinary School Discussions
Last edited: 10/1/10
- DashiLast edited: 10/1/10
- SantokuLast edited: 8/25/10
- Pamela GrantLast edited: 7/10/12
- Japanese Knives 101Last edited: 5/7/13
I am still in school but this place is great. The teacher are know there stuff and many of them still work in the industry or they had previous experience from 4 star to managing the food for...
I personally had great times here and made a lot of friends. But all that aside, LCI stopped the externship part of the program which is truly where students will little to no experience really...
As a graduate in 2012 of Le Cordon Bleu I have nothing but good things to say about the school. Just like any other school it is there for you to gain knowledge and use it as a guide into your...
Let me start this review by saying, I love this piece of equipment. After watching the movie “Burnt” I jumped online and made an impulse buy, the Anova Bluetooth Precision Sous Vide Cooker. For...
As I attended the cooking course I used to work in a small restaurant as sous chef. Even if I loved cooking and I used to do it every day for many persons, I couldn't do it as a job without proper...
Hibachi House cookbook.post #1 of 412/18/10 at 2:11amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 412/18/10 at 6:58am
Todd Wilbur has cloned many of Benihana's recipes in his various Top Secret Recipe books. You'd have to buy a number of his books to get all the Benihana stuff. You can also pay to download individual recipes from his site, wwwtopsecretrecipes which might be a cheaper route if all you want is Benihana recipes.
The library is also your friend in these cases.post #3 of 412/18/10 at 11:25am
I don't know about cookbooks. But a quick google under "Japanese grill recipes," "hibachi recipes," and "Benihana recipes" yielded dozens of possibilities.They have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard KiplingThey have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard Kiplingpost #4 of 412/18/10 at 11:46amThread Starter
searching teppanyaki is getting me a little better results, still not awesome. I'm thinking my best approach might be to go into my asian cookbooks and... I'll need to invent a word for this... but de-stir-fry some of the recipes... know what I mean? Maybe take some stir-fry dishes and separate the components, keeping the proteins whole.
- Hibachi House cookbook.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Turkey Lasagna Seasoning 3 minutes ago
- › Big changes for exempt employees? 35 minutes ago
- › How important is culinary school? 43 minutes ago
- › Any tips on raising funds for culinary school? 2 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › FINALLY!!!!!! That perfect homemade yellow cake 2 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › I got an offer to stage at a 4 star hotel as pastry but I'm really... 4 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › What knife brands/lines have thin blades? 5 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › British Army MAC Manual ( Catering Manual) 5 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Banqueting or catering experiences 5 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › square Bruger patties 6 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by nikimouse311
- › Lincoln Culinary Institute - Culinary Training by PRChef561
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by bbqmsterflorian
- › Anova Sous Vide Immersion Circulator (Black) by theloggg
- › Chef Academy by MartyfromItaly
- › Culinary Cooking School Professional Meat Grinder Food Chopper Fits... by Pete
- › Institute of Culinary Education (New York) by m00chness
- › Mauviel M250 Tin Lined 8pc Copper Cookware by Virgil
- › Kikuichi 9.5" Nickel Sweden Warikomi Damascus Chef's Knife by Virgil
- › Codream® Micro Perforated Stainless Steel Colander 5 Quart with... by MillionsKnives
- › Coriander Crusted Pork Chops with Lime Glaze
- › Crab Stuffed Shrimp with Linguine and Ramps
- › Potato and Green Garlic Soup
- › Vegetable Tagine
- › Pork Tenderloin Sandwich
- › Jambalaya
- › Sauerkraut Soup and how to make Kohlrabi...
- › French Toast with Bourbon Peach Sauce
- › Grilled Shrimp Ceviche
- › Making Hot Smoked Salmon