I know it represents a very small (and maybe unauthentic) part of Japanese cuisine, but I take a look at Japanese cookbooks in the book stores and find lots of sushi recipes. I don't have anything against sushi, but sushi grade fish is near impossible to find in my area. And ultimately, I'm a huge Asian fusion fan and interested in recipes from the Japanese steak houses. Any recommendations? I've found google not so helpful.
- categoryAsiantagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryCookbookstagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryJapanesetagged by System, 2/7/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes: Creating Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods (Penguin Viking Plume General Books)tagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes Lite!tagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits, & Shakestagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes Unlocked: All New Home Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foodstagged by System, 3/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- First International Reviewer Last post on 10/12/10 at 8:10pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Suggestions for good Thai cookbook Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:20pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Experience working with noodles (specifically speaking...Japanese Tonkotsu Ramen) Last post on 8/12/10 at 2:39pm in Professional Chefs
- Tonkotsu Ramen Broth...something went wrong Last post on 6/22/15 at 5:44pm in Food & Cooking
- Western cooks that specialize in Asian cuisine Last post on 7/1/09 at 3:13am in General Culinary School Discussions
Last edited: 10/1/10
- DashiLast edited: 10/1/10
- SantokuLast edited: 8/25/10
- Pamela GrantLast edited: 7/10/12
- Japanese Knives 101Last edited: 5/7/13
For a person who was too busy to cook and ate only at fast foods...it was worth the effort to really appreciate food and cooking by enrolling in the Le Cordon Bleu and graduating in 1982. I...
Overall i love what this school has done for me and my 10 years working in professional kitchens, i am now a chef and am so greatful for everything that has lead up to this point.
Gisslen's book was my first "serious" cookbook. It has since become my bible. Each chapter is split into theory and recipes. The theory reviews how the particular type of food, whether, meats,...
I recently completed this program on Aug 2015. To wrap up my experience in ENSP, here is my personal comments with regards to the Summer Pastry Program! The question is.. Would I recommend...
The International culinary school at the Art Institute of San Francisco is an expensive for profit culinary school. I am a current student in his last quarter and about to graduate with an...
Hibachi House cookbook.post #1 of 412/18/10 at 2:11amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 412/18/10 at 6:58am
Todd Wilbur has cloned many of Benihana's recipes in his various Top Secret Recipe books. You'd have to buy a number of his books to get all the Benihana stuff. You can also pay to download individual recipes from his site, wwwtopsecretrecipes which might be a cheaper route if all you want is Benihana recipes.
The library is also your friend in these cases.post #3 of 412/18/10 at 11:25am
I don't know about cookbooks. But a quick google under "Japanese grill recipes," "hibachi recipes," and "Benihana recipes" yielded dozens of possibilities.They have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard KiplingThey have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard Kiplingpost #4 of 412/18/10 at 11:46amThread Starter
searching teppanyaki is getting me a little better results, still not awesome. I'm thinking my best approach might be to go into my asian cookbooks and... I'll need to invent a word for this... but de-stir-fry some of the recipes... know what I mean? Maybe take some stir-fry dishes and separate the components, keeping the proteins whole.
- Hibachi House cookbook.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HI from the Netherlands! 3 minutes ago
- › Truth about Cinnamon 33 minutes ago
- › Document Design 45 minutes ago
- › Gravadlax? 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › catering a wedding for 120 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Production/Operating Software 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Continental Breakfast 2 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Hello from China 2 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › An inquisition regarding the terminology called "Pan Seasoning or... 2 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › PASTRY SCHOOL IN PARIS 4 hours ago
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by karenlhall
- › The International Culinary Center - New York by Chef-Nicholas
- › Professional Cooking by motty
- › Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Pâtisserie by FollowUrHeart
- › The Art Institute of California - San Francisco by stevenvhayden
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by MichaelJKane
- › Pop Up Grill Barbecue portable télescopique 280 mm by Pete
- › HRC Culinary Academy, Bulgaria by konvict
- › Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy by Anthony Eugenio
- › Chinese Garnishes / Adornos Chinos: With Platter Arrangements / Con... by MillionsKnives
- › Top Ten Cooking Myths
- › Why Do You Cook?
- › Pineapple How To
- › Family Meal: Feeding the Crew on the Cheap
- › Restaurant Menus: The chorus of the kitchen
- › Kitchen Technology: Internet of Things is Not...
- › Managing the Management: How Cooks Can Cope
- › True Cooks
- › What does Shake Shack's ChickenStack...
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...