I know it represents a very small (and maybe unauthentic) part of Japanese cuisine, but I take a look at Japanese cookbooks in the book stores and find lots of sushi recipes. I don't have anything against sushi, but sushi grade fish is near impossible to find in my area. And ultimately, I'm a huge Asian fusion fan and interested in recipes from the Japanese steak houses. Any recommendations? I've found google not so helpful.
- categoryAsiantagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryCookbookstagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryJapanesetagged by System, 2/7/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes: Creating Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods (Penguin Viking Plume General Books)tagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes Lite!tagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits, & Shakestagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes Unlocked: All New Home Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foodstagged by System, 3/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- First International Reviewer Last post on 10/12/10 at 8:10pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Suggestions for good Thai cookbook Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:20pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Experience working with noodles (specifically speaking...Japanese Tonkotsu Ramen) Last post on 8/12/10 at 2:39pm in Professional Chefs
- Tonkotsu Ramen Broth...something went wrong Last post on 11/13/14 at 11:21am in Food & Cooking
- Western cooks that specialize in Asian cuisine Last post on 7/1/09 at 3:13am in General Culinary School Discussions
Last edited: 10/1/10
- DashiLast edited: 10/1/10
- SantokuLast edited: 8/25/10
- Pamela GrantLast edited: 7/10/12
- Japanese Knives 101Last edited: 5/7/13
When I first started going to le cordon bleu in minneapolis, it was great. i learned so much while i was there. the generals were easy to comprehend, the cooking classes were informative, and we...
Having read other books by Bruce Fife, a certified nutritionist and neuropathic physician, I was eager to read his latest book “The Coconut Miracle Cookbook.” Just so you know, this book was...
A hand blender is an indispensable tool in any kitchen. They are in every pro kitchen but often not in as many home kitchens but what a time saver. I was looking for an inexpensive and easy to...
I found this book to be quite refreshing, because unlike most other cookbooks, this one came with menus. The recipes are grouped in cohesive, planned menus. There are several menus for spring,...
Coffee is the lifeblood of the urban adventurer, the 9 to 5 crowd, the far flung romantic and the millions that rely on coffee's delivery of invigorating brain juice conveyed in a flavorful mouth...
Hibachi House cookbook.post #1 of 412/18/10 at 2:11amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 412/18/10 at 6:58am
Todd Wilbur has cloned many of Benihana's recipes in his various Top Secret Recipe books. You'd have to buy a number of his books to get all the Benihana stuff. You can also pay to download individual recipes from his site, wwwtopsecretrecipes which might be a cheaper route if all you want is Benihana recipes.
The library is also your friend in these cases.post #3 of 412/18/10 at 11:25am
I don't know about cookbooks. But a quick google under "Japanese grill recipes," "hibachi recipes," and "Benihana recipes" yielded dozens of possibilities.They have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard KiplingThey have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard Kiplingpost #4 of 412/18/10 at 11:46amThread Starter
searching teppanyaki is getting me a little better results, still not awesome. I'm thinking my best approach might be to go into my asian cookbooks and... I'll need to invent a word for this... but de-stir-fry some of the recipes... know what I mean? Maybe take some stir-fry dishes and separate the components, keeping the proteins whole.
- Hibachi House cookbook.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Deserts, Iike fruit I like cheese, I like coffee and I like liquor 21 minutes ago
- › Hello! 34 minutes ago
- › HELP! Kenwood KMM770 Chef Major Premier vs KitchenAid Pro Line... 50 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 2 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Where can you get Quorn Mince/Chicken pieces? 2 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Looking for Pastry School in Europe. HELP!!!!!!!!! 2 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Shelf Life of Fried Pastries? 2 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › Homemade Pancetta 2 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › Any recommended books for caterers? 3 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Building cold smoking generator 3 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by mdal2684
- › The Coconut Miracle Cookbook: Over 400 Recipes to Boost Your Health... by Cami
- › Cuisinart CSB-76W SmartStick 200-Watt Immersion Hand Blender, White by Nicko
- › By Lucy Waverman The Flavour Principle: Enticing Your Senses with... by Cami
- › Coffee Gives Me Superpowers: An Illustrated Book about the Most... by Jim Berman
- › OXO Good Grips Potato Ricer by eastshores
- › The Vegetarian Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary... by Jim Berman
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by JasonRoBear
- › Camp Chef True Seasoned 14-Inch Cast Iron Pizza Pan by phatch
- › Lodge Pro-Logic P14P3 Cast Iron Pizza Pan, Black, 14-inch by phatch
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...
- › The Unsung Heroes of the Kitchen
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part I An...
- › Mentoring New Cooks
- › Leaving the Business: The Dark Side
- › Infiltrating The Kitchen!