I know it represents a very small (and maybe unauthentic) part of Japanese cuisine, but I take a look at Japanese cookbooks in the book stores and find lots of sushi recipes. I don't have anything against sushi, but sushi grade fish is near impossible to find in my area. And ultimately, I'm a huge Asian fusion fan and interested in recipes from the Japanese steak houses. Any recommendations? I've found google not so helpful.
- categoryAsiantagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryCookbookstagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryJapanesetagged by System, 2/7/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes: Creating Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods (Penguin Viking Plume General Books)tagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes Lite!tagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits, & Shakestagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes Unlocked: All New Home Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foodstagged by System, 3/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- First International Reviewer Last post on 10/12/10 at 8:10pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Suggestions for good Thai cookbook Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:20pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Experience working with noodles (specifically speaking...Japanese Tonkotsu Ramen) Last post on 8/12/10 at 2:39pm in Professional Chefs
- Tonkotsu Ramen Broth...something went wrong Last post on 11/13/14 at 11:21am in Food & Cooking
- Western cooks that specialize in Asian cuisine Last post on 7/1/09 at 3:13am in General Culinary School Discussions
Last edited: 10/1/10
- DashiLast edited: 10/1/10
- SantokuLast edited: 8/25/10
- Pamela GrantLast edited: 7/10/12
- Japanese Knives 101Last edited: 5/7/13
I bought this as an experiment and I am very happy with it. As I have tried it for cooking more things, it has exceeded my expectations. I can sautee at a high or low temperature, I can simmer...
I had seen these before but thought they were too limited in use. Then a friend gave me this one. It converted me with the first use. A bit of a downward chop from one end and rocking rolling...
Almost 6 years ago we purchased this slicer and it's still going strong. I believe I originally posted something in equipment reviews so hopefully, this can serve as an update. The first item...
Last year, we had some money remaining on a gift card and while we purchased this item almost as an impulse and what a terrific find it was. Already owning a truly great large capacity food...
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) in Boston MA, offers both certificate and A.S. degree programs in both Culinary Arts and Baking & Pastry Arts. Although BHCC has an enrollment of over 12,000...
Hibachi House cookbook.post #1 of 412/18/10 at 2:11amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 412/18/10 at 6:58am
Todd Wilbur has cloned many of Benihana's recipes in his various Top Secret Recipe books. You'd have to buy a number of his books to get all the Benihana stuff. You can also pay to download individual recipes from his site, wwwtopsecretrecipes which might be a cheaper route if all you want is Benihana recipes.
The library is also your friend in these cases.post #3 of 412/18/10 at 11:25am
I don't know about cookbooks. But a quick google under "Japanese grill recipes," "hibachi recipes," and "Benihana recipes" yielded dozens of possibilities.They have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard KiplingThey have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard Kiplingpost #4 of 412/18/10 at 11:46amThread Starter
searching teppanyaki is getting me a little better results, still not awesome. I'm thinking my best approach might be to go into my asian cookbooks and... I'll need to invent a word for this... but de-stir-fry some of the recipes... know what I mean? Maybe take some stir-fry dishes and separate the components, keeping the proteins whole.
- Hibachi House cookbook.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Flattening Stone for Water Stones 26 minutes ago
- › How do I keep chili hot for a tailgate? 35 minutes ago
- › Anyone got some good recipes for the Bernstein diet? 53 minutes ago
- › Sysco does it again 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › Winter sun Aligned herb wall 2 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › When should I add the herbs to Spaghetti Bolognese? 3 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › What do quality pizzerias do to their sauce that home cooks don't? 3 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › John Boos butcher block cracked, no answer from tech support 3 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Culinary Term - Synonym for Discard 3 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Safgron 3 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Presto 06626 11 inch Electric Skillet w/glass lid by OregonYeti
- › American Metalcraft PKR20 Stainless Steel Rocker Pizza Knife, 20-Inch by phatch
- › Chef's Choice 662 International Professional Electric Food... by oldschool1982
- › Cuisinart CGC-4BCPC - Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor by oldschool1982
- › Bunker Hill Community College - Culinary Arts Program by Joyo
- › Demeyere 7-ply pans by ChrisBelgium
- › Le Creuset Magnetik by ChrisBelgium
- › Savage Supply Co. "Rocco" Knife Roll by Jim Berman
- › Better Than Bouillon - Clam Base - 8 oz. by chefedb
- › Nutri Bullet NBR-12 12-Piece Hi-Speed Blender/Mixer System by PassTheGravy
- › Leaving the Business: The Dark Side
- › Infiltrating The Kitchen!
- › Perfect Choux Pastry
- › The Secret to a Sexy Fettuccine Alfredo
- › Milanese Creamy Pesto
- › Steak Cooking 101 (home/indoor) by a Pro
- › Chef shortcuts for holiday goodies
- › Forgotten Christmas Candy - Divinity and...
- › Der Kuchen
- › Keeping Great Employees