I know it represents a very small (and maybe unauthentic) part of Japanese cuisine, but I take a look at Japanese cookbooks in the book stores and find lots of sushi recipes. I don't have anything against sushi, but sushi grade fish is near impossible to find in my area. And ultimately, I'm a huge Asian fusion fan and interested in recipes from the Japanese steak houses. Any recommendations? I've found google not so helpful.
- categoryAsiantagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryCookbookstagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryJapanesetagged by System, 2/7/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes: Creating Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods (Penguin Viking Plume General Books)tagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes Lite!tagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits, & Shakestagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes Unlocked: All New Home Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foodstagged by System, 3/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- First International Reviewer Last post on 10/12/10 at 8:10pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Suggestions for good Thai cookbook Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:20pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Experience working with noodles (specifically speaking...Japanese Tonkotsu Ramen) Last post on 8/12/10 at 2:39pm in Professional Chefs
- Tonkotsu Ramen Broth...something went wrong Last post on 11/13/14 at 11:21am in Food & Cooking
- Western cooks that specialize in Asian cuisine Last post on 7/1/09 at 3:13am in General Culinary School Discussions
Last edited: 10/1/10
- DashiLast edited: 10/1/10
- SantokuLast edited: 8/25/10
- Pamela GrantLast edited: 7/10/12
- Japanese Knives 101Last edited: 5/7/13
Just got this a few weeks ago and so far it's been very reliable
I've had this little knife over a year now and I use it a LOT. It is probably the third most used knife in my kitchen (After my chef's knife and bread knife). It arrived pretty sharp (at least by...
I have to admit that at first I was a little worried about a cookbook put out by Betty Crocker. After all who is Betty Crocker anyway? My fear was that every recipe would require a box mix to be...
I'm in the Foods Program at Saddleback Community College and my experiences thus far have been fantastic! Classes usually meet once a week for 5 hours. This gives the student ample time to prepare...
I've experimented with juicing over the years, not as a lifestyle by any means, but I do believe science backs up the fact that many vegetables have nutritional value that is lost during the...
Hibachi House cookbook.post #1 of 412/18/10 at 2:11amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 412/18/10 at 6:58am
Todd Wilbur has cloned many of Benihana's recipes in his various Top Secret Recipe books. You'd have to buy a number of his books to get all the Benihana stuff. You can also pay to download individual recipes from his site, wwwtopsecretrecipes which might be a cheaper route if all you want is Benihana recipes.
The library is also your friend in these cases.post #3 of 412/18/10 at 11:25am
I don't know about cookbooks. But a quick google under "Japanese grill recipes," "hibachi recipes," and "Benihana recipes" yielded dozens of possibilities.They have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard KiplingThey have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard Kiplingpost #4 of 412/18/10 at 11:46amThread Starter
searching teppanyaki is getting me a little better results, still not awesome. I'm thinking my best approach might be to go into my asian cookbooks and... I'll need to invent a word for this... but de-stir-fry some of the recipes... know what I mean? Maybe take some stir-fry dishes and separate the components, keeping the proteins whole.
- Hibachi House cookbook.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Preserved Red Ginger in Syrup and Chinese Five Spice Powder 9 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 20 minutes ago
- › Bacon......baked or fried on the stove...... 30 minutes ago
- › What is on your Thanksgiving menu this year? 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Need Help : Menu consultant 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › what kind of knife do you have? 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › "Chef" The Movie 3 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › Old school vs. 'New' school chefs 3 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Seriously lets talk about food the way it is 3 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Catering Event for 110 people 5 hours ago
- › Kyocera Kyotop Damascus Pakka Handle 6.0 Inch Chef Knife by Mahee Ferlini
- › Wusthof Classic Ikon 3-1/2-Inch Peeling Knife, Black by 4Barry
- › Betty Crocker The Big Book of Cookies (Betty Crocker Big Book) by Cami
- › Saddleback College - Food and Nutrition Department by robstathem
- › Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Commercial Masticating Juicer, Black... by eastshores
- › Anova Sous Vide Immersion Circulator (Black) by eastshores
- › Polish Classic Recipes (Classics Series) by Jim Berman
- › Johnson and Wales University - Providence, RI by chefwriter
- › The Art Institute of California - Hollywood by ChefTorres87
- › J.A. Henckels International Forged Synergy 8-Inch Chef's Knife by 13krama