I know it represents a very small (and maybe unauthentic) part of Japanese cuisine, but I take a look at Japanese cookbooks in the book stores and find lots of sushi recipes. I don't have anything against sushi, but sushi grade fish is near impossible to find in my area. And ultimately, I'm a huge Asian fusion fan and interested in recipes from the Japanese steak houses. Any recommendations? I've found google not so helpful.
- categoryAsiantagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryCookbookstagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryJapanesetagged by System, 2/7/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes: Creating Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods (Penguin Viking Plume General Books)tagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes Lite!tagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits, & Shakestagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes Unlocked: All New Home Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foodstagged by System, 3/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- First International Reviewer Last post on 10/12/10 at 8:10pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Suggestions for good Thai cookbook Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:20pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Experience working with noodles (specifically speaking...Japanese Tonkotsu Ramen) Last post on 8/12/10 at 2:39pm in Professional Chefs
- Tonkotsu Ramen Broth...something went wrong Last post on 11/2/10 at 5:17pm in Food & Cooking
- Western cooks that specialize in Asian cuisine Last post on 7/1/09 at 3:13am in General Culinary School Discussions
Last edited: 10/1/10
- DashiLast edited: 10/1/10
- SantokuLast edited: 8/25/10
- Pamela GrantLast edited: 7/10/12
- Japanese Knives 101Last edited: 5/7/13
This sweet baby was my daily knife on the line for about two years.The grip is intuitive and lightweight and the knife just has a great action. She holds an edge for a surprisingly long amount of...
I have been through three butcher blocks by this company and each one has developed hairline cracks. The butcher block, on the whole, seems well made and has held up well. No warping, easy on...
I have attended NIU for three semesters now and am currently enrolled in its Hospitality Management program. It wasn't my first choice as I was unsure of my education path, but I choose it because...
When I was just embarking on my culinary career I spent a good amount of time working in New Orleans. To this day I still have a fondness for the Cajun and Creole foods I discovered while living...
We use this book for all 6 quarters of the Pastry and Baking program at my school. This book covers the basics from how to use a balance scale and measure out your ingredients all the way to sugar...
Hibachi House cookbook.post #1 of 412/18/10 at 2:11amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 412/18/10 at 6:58am
Todd Wilbur has cloned many of Benihana's recipes in his various Top Secret Recipe books. You'd have to buy a number of his books to get all the Benihana stuff. You can also pay to download individual recipes from his site, wwwtopsecretrecipes which might be a cheaper route if all you want is Benihana recipes.
The library is also your friend in these cases.post #3 of 412/18/10 at 11:25am
I don't know about cookbooks. But a quick google under "Japanese grill recipes," "hibachi recipes," and "Benihana recipes" yielded dozens of possibilities.They have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard KiplingThey have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard Kiplingpost #4 of 412/18/10 at 11:46amThread Starter
searching teppanyaki is getting me a little better results, still not awesome. I'm thinking my best approach might be to go into my asian cookbooks and... I'll need to invent a word for this... but de-stir-fry some of the recipes... know what I mean? Maybe take some stir-fry dishes and separate the components, keeping the proteins whole.
- Hibachi House cookbook.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Victorinox-Forschner as starter knives 2 minutes ago
- › aramark wanting to buy out sodexo 23 minutes ago
- › Stuffed Bell Peppers 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Chefs Rides 2 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Wholesale Pricing 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › America's Test Kitchen TV show 2 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › Chef Contract Advice 3 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Personal/Professional Culinary Pet Peeves 3 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › All Things Cobbler 3 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Ginsu Chikara 3 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › MAC MTH-80 8" Chef's Knife w/ Dimples by LovelyFeyd
- › John Boos Reversible End Grain Maple Chopping Block, 20 by 15 by... by wwatt7262
- › Northern Illinois University Hospitality Administration by JLomb
- › In a While, Crocodile: New Orleans Slow Cooker Recipes by Pete
- › Professional Baking by Naturesbliss
- › Fresh and Light by Cami
- › Ferrandi Paris - The French School of Culinary Arts by pastelle
- › Viking VSC0508 8 Inch Stainless Steel Fry Pan by santoku runner
- › Vita-Mix 1700 Turbo Blend 4500 Countertop Blender with 2+ HP Motor by Roadturn
- › Family Cookbook by Cami
- › Inspiration
- › A Brief Tour of American Barbecue
- › Emotions Storm in the Culinary Industry
- › I Met a Guy Named Jim, Just in Time
- › The Dogs of War
- › Boost Your Healthy By Bean Sprouts and...
- › A Shiny Spot in a Grimy Industry
- › Work the line. Or not.
- › Romesco Sauce - Making Bell Peppers Shine
- › Kitchen Facts & Fictional Living: Feeding...