I know it represents a very small (and maybe unauthentic) part of Japanese cuisine, but I take a look at Japanese cookbooks in the book stores and find lots of sushi recipes. I don't have anything against sushi, but sushi grade fish is near impossible to find in my area. And ultimately, I'm a huge Asian fusion fan and interested in recipes from the Japanese steak houses. Any recommendations? I've found google not so helpful.
- categoryAsiantagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryCookbookstagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryJapanesetagged by System, 2/7/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes: Creating Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods (Penguin Viking Plume General Books)tagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes Lite!tagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits, & Shakestagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes Unlocked: All New Home Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foodstagged by System, 3/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- First International Reviewer Last post on 10/12/10 at 8:10pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Suggestions for good Thai cookbook Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:20pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Experience working with noodles (specifically speaking...Japanese Tonkotsu Ramen) Last post on 8/12/10 at 2:39pm in Professional Chefs
- Tonkotsu Ramen Broth...something went wrong Last post on 11/13/14 at 11:21am in Food & Cooking
- Western cooks that specialize in Asian cuisine Last post on 7/1/09 at 3:13am in General Culinary School Discussions
Last edited: 10/1/10
- DashiLast edited: 10/1/10
- SantokuLast edited: 8/25/10
- Pamela GrantLast edited: 7/10/12
- Japanese Knives 101Last edited: 5/7/13
Coffee is the lifeblood of the urban adventurer, the 9 to 5 crowd, the far flung romantic and the millions that rely on coffee's delivery of invigorating brain juice conveyed in a flavorful mouth...
I remember years back before I really understood the issues of starches in potatoes and the danger of over working them. We were having thanksgiving dinner, and I had purchased a kitchen-aid stand...
You most assuredly know the writing team of Karen Page and Andrew Dornenburg. The couple is responsible for the iconic kitchen classics like Dining Out, The New American Chef, and Chef’s Night...
The Culinary Institute of America is hands down the best of the best! If you want to be connected with anything related to food this is the place to be. Whether your in Hyde Park, Greystone, San...
In many cases, I prefer the features Camp Chef designs into their cookware over Lodge. Often CC's camp ovens are designed to work inverted, their lids as stand alone skillets and so on. As to pizza...
Hibachi House cookbook.post #1 of 412/18/10 at 2:11amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 412/18/10 at 6:58am
Todd Wilbur has cloned many of Benihana's recipes in his various Top Secret Recipe books. You'd have to buy a number of his books to get all the Benihana stuff. You can also pay to download individual recipes from his site, wwwtopsecretrecipes which might be a cheaper route if all you want is Benihana recipes.
The library is also your friend in these cases.post #3 of 412/18/10 at 11:25am
I don't know about cookbooks. But a quick google under "Japanese grill recipes," "hibachi recipes," and "Benihana recipes" yielded dozens of possibilities.They have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard KiplingThey have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard Kiplingpost #4 of 412/18/10 at 11:46amThread Starter
searching teppanyaki is getting me a little better results, still not awesome. I'm thinking my best approach might be to go into my asian cookbooks and... I'll need to invent a word for this... but de-stir-fry some of the recipes... know what I mean? Maybe take some stir-fry dishes and separate the components, keeping the proteins whole.
- Hibachi House cookbook.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › ok i think i might have all the knives i need now 9 minutes ago
- › quick foodcost question 13 minutes ago
- › F.Knife's attention 14 minutes ago
- › Vegetable Stock 16 minutes ago
- › Love spices, but don't know how to use them? 22 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 46 minutes ago
- › March 2015 Challenge: MINCE 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › How could I create sparkles inside a cake? 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › Need Help with an Old Recipe for Rolls please? 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Jamaican Patty or Caribbies en Coco Bread 2 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Coffee Gives Me Superpowers: An Illustrated Book about the Most... by Jim Berman
- › OXO Good Grips Potato Ricer by eastshores
- › The Vegetarian Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary... by Jim Berman
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by JasonRoBear
- › Camp Chef True Seasoned 14-Inch Cast Iron Pizza Pan by phatch
- › Lodge Pro-Logic P14P3 Cast Iron Pizza Pan, Black, 14-inch by phatch
- › Presto 06626 11 inch Electric Skillet w/glass lid by OregonYeti
- › American Metalcraft PKR20 Stainless Steel Rocker Pizza Knife, 20-Inch by phatch
- › Chef's Choice 662 International Professional Electric Food... by oldschool1982
- › Cuisinart CGC-4BCPC - Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor by oldschool1982
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...
- › The Unsung Heroes of the Kitchen
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part I An...
- › Mentoring New Cooks
- › Leaving the Business: The Dark Side
- › Infiltrating The Kitchen!
- › Perfect Choux Pastry
- › The Secret to a Sexy Fettuccine Alfredo
- › Milanese Creamy Pesto