I know it represents a very small (and maybe unauthentic) part of Japanese cuisine, but I take a look at Japanese cookbooks in the book stores and find lots of sushi recipes. I don't have anything against sushi, but sushi grade fish is near impossible to find in my area. And ultimately, I'm a huge Asian fusion fan and interested in recipes from the Japanese steak houses. Any recommendations? I've found google not so helpful.
- categoryAsiantagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryCookbookstagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryJapanesetagged by System, 2/7/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes: Creating Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods (Penguin Viking Plume General Books)tagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes Lite!tagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits, & Shakestagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes Unlocked: All New Home Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foodstagged by System, 3/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- First International Reviewer Last post on 10/12/10 at 8:10pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Suggestions for good Thai cookbook Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:20pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Experience working with noodles (specifically speaking...Japanese Tonkotsu Ramen) Last post on 8/12/10 at 2:39pm in Professional Chefs
- Tonkotsu Ramen Broth...something went wrong Last post on 6/22/15 at 5:44pm in Food & Cooking
- Western cooks that specialize in Asian cuisine Last post on 7/1/09 at 3:13am in General Culinary School Discussions
Last edited: 10/1/10
- DashiLast edited: 10/1/10
- SantokuLast edited: 8/25/10
- Pamela GrantLast edited: 7/10/12
- Japanese Knives 101Last edited: 5/7/13
I attended LCB in Portland, Oregon and also in Scottsdale, Arizona. I was overall very disappointed with my time at Le Cordon Bleu. The standards are LOW. I'm talking DIRTY uniforms, poor overall...
I have been baking my entire life, and some of the recipes, i would not recommend.
Great all around experience in a beautiful college environment. Great chefs, serious students, exposure to lots of knowledge. Wonderful facilities! Can't go wrong.
I am still in school but this place is great. The teacher are know there stuff and many of them still work in the industry or they had previous experience from 4 star to managing the food for...
I personally had great times here and made a lot of friends. But all that aside, LCI stopped the externship part of the program which is truly where students will little to no experience really...
Hibachi House cookbook.post #1 of 412/18/10 at 2:11amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 412/18/10 at 6:58am
Todd Wilbur has cloned many of Benihana's recipes in his various Top Secret Recipe books. You'd have to buy a number of his books to get all the Benihana stuff. You can also pay to download individual recipes from his site, wwwtopsecretrecipes which might be a cheaper route if all you want is Benihana recipes.
The library is also your friend in these cases.post #3 of 412/18/10 at 11:25am
I don't know about cookbooks. But a quick google under "Japanese grill recipes," "hibachi recipes," and "Benihana recipes" yielded dozens of possibilities.They have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard KiplingThey have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard Kiplingpost #4 of 412/18/10 at 11:46amThread Starter
searching teppanyaki is getting me a little better results, still not awesome. I'm thinking my best approach might be to go into my asian cookbooks and... I'll need to invent a word for this... but de-stir-fry some of the recipes... know what I mean? Maybe take some stir-fry dishes and separate the components, keeping the proteins whole.
- Hibachi House cookbook.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › how strictly do you define "pastry?" 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Best mac and cheese recipe 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Life After the Kitchen 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › The ultimate budget minded n00bs guide. All contributions welcome! 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › American Range Review 36" 2 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › June 2016 Cooking Challenge: Vegetarian 2 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › A cook's confessions 3 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Nothing to Say????? 3 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › What Did You Have For Dessert? 5 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Top Three Favorite Recipes 6 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by freshbaked
- › Professional Baking by Daniel Benitez
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by backtobasics2
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by nikimouse311
- › Lincoln Culinary Institute - Culinary Training by PRChef561
- › Anova Sous Vide Immersion Circulator (Black) by theloggg
- › Chef Academy by MartyfromItaly
- › Culinary Cooking School Professional Meat Grinder Food Chopper Fits... by Pete
- › Institute of Culinary Education (New York) by m00chness
- › Mauviel M250 Tin Lined 8pc Copper Cookware by Virgil
- › Kalua Pig And Cabbage
- › Kalua Pork, Oven Style
- › Beef and Mushroom Skewers with Onion Balsamic...
- › Jerk Chicken
- › The Florodora-A Gin Cocktail
- › Grilled Shrimp Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
- › Chicken Salad - A Lesson in Presentation
- › Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza
- › Coca Cola Battered Cherries
- › Strawberry Freezer Jam-Jelly Making Made Simple