I know it represents a very small (and maybe unauthentic) part of Japanese cuisine, but I take a look at Japanese cookbooks in the book stores and find lots of sushi recipes. I don't have anything against sushi, but sushi grade fish is near impossible to find in my area. And ultimately, I'm a huge Asian fusion fan and interested in recipes from the Japanese steak houses. Any recommendations? I've found google not so helpful.
- categoryAsiantagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryCookbookstagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryJapanesetagged by System, 2/7/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes: Creating Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods (Penguin Viking Plume General Books)tagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes Lite!tagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits, & Shakestagged by System, 3/18/11
- itemTop Secret Recipes Unlocked: All New Home Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foodstagged by System, 3/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- First International Reviewer Last post on 10/12/10 at 8:10pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Suggestions for good Thai cookbook Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:20pm in Cookbook Reviews
- Experience working with noodles (specifically speaking...Japanese Tonkotsu Ramen) Last post on 8/12/10 at 2:39pm in Professional Chefs
- Tonkotsu Ramen Broth...something went wrong Last post on 11/2/10 at 5:17pm in Food & Cooking
- Western cooks that specialize in Asian cuisine Last post on 7/1/09 at 3:13am in General Culinary School Discussions
Last edited: 10/1/10
- DashiLast edited: 10/1/10
- SantokuLast edited: 8/25/10
- Pamela GrantLast edited: 7/10/12
- Japanese Knives 101Last edited: 5/7/13
Keep an eye out for discounts, I purchased two of these units and one of the two I was able to score a coupon code for a $50.00 discount! Sous Vide gear has been consistently coming down in...
The best recipes to prepare at home are not always those found on the latest cooking program or come from trying to replicate the goodness found at the hottest restaurant. Some recipes may even be...
I graduated in 1984 when tuition was about $8000 per year, expensive at the time. Back then there were fewer culinary programs around the country than there are now. CIA was considered the Harvard...
First I should say that I went here in 2010 and dropped out in 2013. I fell in love with Japanese Cuisine and after staging at a Japanese restaurant for free for one day, I learned everything I...
I am a culinary student and this was my first knife I ever had. I loved the way the handle was shaped and loved the weight I felt in my hand. The blade stays sharp and is a great length. After just...
Hibachi House cookbook.post #1 of 412/18/10 at 2:11amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 412/18/10 at 6:58am
Todd Wilbur has cloned many of Benihana's recipes in his various Top Secret Recipe books. You'd have to buy a number of his books to get all the Benihana stuff. You can also pay to download individual recipes from his site, wwwtopsecretrecipes which might be a cheaper route if all you want is Benihana recipes.
The library is also your friend in these cases.post #3 of 412/18/10 at 11:25am
I don't know about cookbooks. But a quick google under "Japanese grill recipes," "hibachi recipes," and "Benihana recipes" yielded dozens of possibilities.They have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard KiplingThey have taken the oath of the brother in blood, in leavened bread and salt. Rudyard Kiplingpost #4 of 412/18/10 at 11:46amThread Starter
searching teppanyaki is getting me a little better results, still not awesome. I'm thinking my best approach might be to go into my asian cookbooks and... I'll need to invent a word for this... but de-stir-fry some of the recipes... know what I mean? Maybe take some stir-fry dishes and separate the components, keeping the proteins whole.
- Hibachi House cookbook.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › We know love but what is traditional love? 2 minutes ago
- › Why do chefs in top restaurants work really long hours? 13 minutes ago
- › Road Trip! 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › What are you smoking this summer? 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › fryer oil 2 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › having trouble figuring out a price 2 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › What to do with brat braising liquid? 2 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › Hello everyone! 3 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › All about SHARPENING! Help pls? 4 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Mushy French Fries 4 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Anova Sous Vide Immersion Circulator (Black) by eastshores
- › Polish Classic Recipes (Classics Series) by Jim Berman
- › Johnson and Wales University - Providence, RI by chefwriter
- › The Art Institute of California - Hollywood by ChefTorres87
- › J.A. Henckels International Forged Synergy 8-Inch Chef's Knife by 13krama
- › The Complete Guide to Northern Gulf Seafood by Pete
- › MAC MTH-80 8" Chef's Knife w/ Dimples by LovelyFeyd
- › John Boos Reversible End Grain Maple Chopping Block, 20 by 15 by... by wwatt7262
- › Northern Illinois University Hospitality Administration by JLomb
- › In a While, Crocodile: New Orleans Slow Cooker Recipes by Pete