New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hello from Finland

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 

Hello,

 

It's akselsson on the air. I'm from Finland and I dig food... Guess that's a fine reason to join :)

 

You seem to have nice atmosphere here on the forums. This is not the case with every discussion board. I'd even say it's a rarity. Thumbs up and hope to see you in threads!

 

Greetings akselsson

post #2 of 15

Welcome to Cheftalk.

I'm from Scotland - another 'northern' European nation!

 

I hope you will make time to read some of the articles and blogs on here - as well as view the photography, which is also amazing.

 

Feel free to join in on any thread you find interesting, or start your own.  I know little of the Finnish cuisine, but suspect that your views will be of interest to the membership.  I also need to point out that the professional fora on here are read-only to those of us who are not in the culinary professions (but, they make great reading!)

 

Slainte!

post #3 of 15

akselsson:

Welcome! I had visited Helsinki approximately 23 years ago, and had eaten lunch at a culinary school in Helsinki. I recall that the food was very good! drinkbeer.gif

post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 

     Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post

Welcome to Cheftalk.

I'm from Scotland - another 'northern' European nation!

 

I hope you will make time to read some of the articles and blogs on here - as well as view the photography, which is also amazing.

 

Feel free to join in on any thread you find interesting, or start your own.  I know little of the Finnish cuisine, but suspect that your views will be of interest to the membership.  I also need to point out that the professional fora on here are read-only to those of us who are not in the culinary professions (but, they make great reading!)

 

Slainte!

 

Thanks for the warm welcome! Our food are not that special... I think many find them distasteful! But I can send you some mustamakkara by mail ;)

post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnknownCook View Post

akselsson:

Welcome! I had visited Helsinki approximately 23 years ago, and had eaten lunch at a culinary school in Helsinki. I recall that the food was very good! drinkbeer.gif


 

Thank you! Do you remember the name of the culinary school you visited?

post #6 of 15

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay! You are right, this forum is great and think that every member shares this mind. The atmosphere is very friendly.

The belly rules the mind (Spanish proverb and catering Melbourne motto)
Reply
The belly rules the mind (Spanish proverb and catering Melbourne motto)
Reply
post #7 of 15

Akselsson,

Tervetuloa! I think you'll find us a very friendly and hepful bunch. I have a friend who lives in Espoo. I almost made it there several years ago, but alas it didn't happen. Hopefully one day I will.

 

Kippis

 

Go Jokerit!

 

:)

My latest musical venture!
http://myspace.com/nikandtheniceguys
 
Also
http://www.myspace.com/popshowband "I'm at the age when food has taken the place of sex in my life. In fact I've just had a mirror put over my kitchen table." Rodney Dangerfield RIP
Reply
My latest musical venture!
http://myspace.com/nikandtheniceguys
 
Also
http://www.myspace.com/popshowband "I'm at the age when food has taken the place of sex in my life. In fact I've just had a mirror put over my kitchen table." Rodney Dangerfield RIP
Reply
post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marrabel View Post

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay! You are right, this forum is great and think that every member shares this mind. The atmosphere is very friendly.


 

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrose View Post

Akselsson,

Tervetuloa! I think you'll find us a very friendly and hepful bunch. I have a friend who lives in Espoo. I almost made it there several years ago, but alas it didn't happen. Hopefully one day I will.

 

Kippis

 

Go Jokerit!

 

:)

 

Thanks! Espoo is a neighbouring city of us. Was your flight cancelled due to snowstorm?

 

Hahaha Jokerit ;) They are not as good as they used to be: check out the charts on the left hand side: http://www.sm-liiga.fi/

 

 

post #9 of 15

Oh well  can't always be champion :) Actually it wasn't snow, but it was long enough ago that I actually forgot why I didn't go. It was a free ticket so something happened with that. Oh well. I was going to go visit my friend who used to be the goalie coach for Jokerit.

 

Like I said one day I hope to get there!

 

Kippis

My latest musical venture!
http://myspace.com/nikandtheniceguys
 
Also
http://www.myspace.com/popshowband "I'm at the age when food has taken the place of sex in my life. In fact I've just had a mirror put over my kitchen table." Rodney Dangerfield RIP
Reply
My latest musical venture!
http://myspace.com/nikandtheniceguys
 
Also
http://www.myspace.com/popshowband "I'm at the age when food has taken the place of sex in my life. In fact I've just had a mirror put over my kitchen table." Rodney Dangerfield RIP
Reply
post #10 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrose View Post

Oh well  can't always be champion :) Actually it wasn't snow, but it was long enough ago that I actually forgot why I didn't go. It was a free ticket so something happened with that. Oh well. I was going to go visit my friend who used to be the goalie coach for Jokerit.

 

Like I said one day I hope to get there!

 

Kippis

 

Goalie coach for Jokerit, that's awesome! Welcome if you decide to travel to this far away country!

 

Kippis ja kulaus!

post #11 of 15

 

hello everybody
I am a new comer
Hope here to get more happiness
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adela View Post

 

hello everybody
I am a new comer
Hope here to get more happiness


Hello! Welcome and be assured you will get the real happiness here as you will find the real friends and know many interesting things.

The belly rules the mind (Spanish proverb and catering Melbourne motto)
Reply
The belly rules the mind (Spanish proverb and catering Melbourne motto)
Reply
post #13 of 15
Thread Starter 

     Quote:

Originally Posted by Adela View Post

 

hello everybody
I am a new comer
Hope here to get more happiness


Hey, great to see there are other newcomers too. We are on the same boat!

post #14 of 15

akselsson:

No, I am sorry, that I do not know the name of that school. I do not know if it was a private or public school. I also do not know the Finnish language. There must be some competent cookery schools in Finland. Are you considering attending a cookery/culinary school?


Edited by TheUnknownCook - 1/13/11 at 4:00pm
post #15 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnknownCook View Post

akselsson:

No, I am sorry, that I do not know the name of that school. I do not know if it was a private or public school. I also do not know the finnish language. There must be some competent cookery schools in Finland. Are you considering attending a cookery/culinary school?


Hehe no problem. Our language is hard to learn. But no, I'm not considering attendin any, I just enjoy food :P There are some culinary schools here. Actually there's a Restaurant Education degree programme in my university and it's quite famous.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: New User Introductions