My chef sweetheart and I have been turning on to paella since being invited to a 3-chef "Paella Throwdown". We keep finding recipes that call for frozen peas. What is up with THAT? Is Spain filled with little English gardens filled with delicate pea pods, or are cookbook writers looking for color, or are peas truly traditional in paella?
Related Forum Threads
- Paella and Jambalaya rice recipe Last post on 10/4/09 at 7:20am in Food & Cooking
- Spanish Paella Last post on 1/15/14 at 1:56am in Recipes
- What is a typical water/broth to rice ratio for paella? Last post on 8/14/09 at 3:36pm in Food & Cooking
- Paella on a charcoal grill, will that work? Last post on 8/15/09 at 4:19am in Food & Cooking
- Paella Recipe? Can anyone help Last post on 4/28/09 at 8:25am in Recipes
Last edited: 1/21/12
- Chinese Black Forbidden RiceLast edited: 1/21/12
- Basmati RiceLast edited: 1/21/12
- Italian Rice Dishes By Diane SeedLast edited: 2/16/10
For many years I viewed a toaster oven as mostly a device that could toast bread or burn most anything else. To be fair, it had purposes like melting cheese on a sandwich, and, and.. well that's...
All in all a great thermometer, has the ability to be re calibrated, fast and reliable. The only down side is the tip but it's a double edged sword! It starts from a smaller thinner tip to to a...
The handle on this knife is very comfortable. Very balanced weight gives a natural feeling when using. The blade on this knife is a dream to work with, holds an edge for a long period of time and...
I really had an incredible experience. Convinced by my girlfriend, (she was getting tired to be my 'personal' chef) I dived myself into this, absolute new for me, world, and I can tell you that now...
This thermometer is great. Very easy to use and clean, and a huge help when cooking something larger like a tenderloin or turkey
Anybody out there a PAELLA GOD?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 41/19/11 at 5:51pmpost #3 of 41/19/11 at 6:46pm
My wife is Latino and I have made Paella a couple of times, even thought it's probably not been "classic". It has been very good and my guests have enjoyed it. I think the pea's are more for astetic's than flavor, something to bring color and an appealing balance to the dish. The peas certainly get lost in the flavors and do not stand out by themselves. Kind of offset's the yellow in the rest of this dish.post #4 of 41/19/11 at 10:05pm
They are in many recipes but I would only add them if in season. Paella is a lot like jambalaya in that you can use it to get rid of leftovers while also taking advantage of what you have fresh on hand. Here is a Jose Andres recipe that looks tasty.
And just becuase I wanted to show off a little. Here is a jambalaya I made over my Uncle's campfire pit in a giant steel skillet. Much in the style of a paella.
- Anybody out there a PAELLA GOD?
- Chinese Black Forbidden Rice
- › using lotus biscoff cream in a chocolate fountain 21 minutes ago
- › best allround gyuto 270mm 320 bucks 56 minutes ago
- › What is the best way to hold smoked/barbecued meats without drying... 2 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 2 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › I know nothing about sponge toffee 3 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Christmas dinner sides 4 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Burger buns: Does anyone know this bun? / What's popular now 4 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › Hi!!! 5 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › Suien VC chinese cleaver 6 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Christmas Cookie Lala-Pa-Loosa 6 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › Oster TSSTTVMNDG Digital Large Capacity Toaster Oven,... by eastshores
- › Comark PDQ400 Slim Pocket Digital Thermometer by EverydayGourmet
- › Wusthof Classic Ikon 8-Inch Hollow Ground Cooks Knife, Black by SicariiX
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by jim mccurry
- › Splash-Proof Super-Fast Thermapen (Gray) Instant Read Thermometer,... by Mahee Ferlini
- › Espressione CA4865 Supremma Super Automatic Coffee/Beverage System;... by Frustro
- › Monday Morning Cooking Club: The Food, the Stories, the Sisterhood by Cami
- › Kyocera Kyotop Damascus Pakka Handle 6.0 Inch Chef Knife by Mahee Ferlini
- › Wusthof Classic Ikon 3-1/2-Inch Peeling Knife, Black by 4Barry
- › Betty Crocker The Big Book of Cookies (Betty Crocker Big Book) by Cami
- › RAGE DNA HEALTH SUPPLEMENT YOUR CURRENT...
- › Forgotten Christmas Candy - Divinity and...
- › Der Kuchen
- › Keeping Great Employees
- › The Truth About Leftovers!
- › Packing in Festive Feasting (How To Make...
- › Hot Buttered Rum--A Kid Friendly Recipe
- › Footprint on the Moon
- › On Being A Sous Chef
- › More than a Chef