My chef sweetheart and I have been turning on to paella since being invited to a 3-chef "Paella Throwdown". We keep finding recipes that call for frozen peas. What is up with THAT? Is Spain filled with little English gardens filled with delicate pea pods, or are cookbook writers looking for color, or are peas truly traditional in paella?
Related Forum Threads
- Paella and Jambalaya rice recipe Last post on 10/4/09 at 7:20am in Food & Cooking
- Spanish Paella Last post on 1/15/14 at 1:56am in Recipes
- What is a typical water/broth to rice ratio for paella? Last post on 8/14/09 at 3:36pm in Food & Cooking
- Paella on a charcoal grill, will that work? Last post on 8/15/09 at 4:19am in Food & Cooking
- Paella Recipe? Can anyone help Last post on 4/28/09 at 8:25am in Recipes
Last edited: 1/21/12
- Chinese Black Forbidden RiceLast edited: 1/21/12
- Basmati RiceLast edited: 1/21/12
- Italian Rice Dishes By Diane SeedLast edited: 2/16/10
I graduated from Le Cordon Bleu Las Vegas in 2014 and honestly it was a very amazing experience! The school sets you up for as many internships that you can accomplish if you are willing to put in...
This is only based upon the campus tour. I plan on updating as I go through the culinary program, starting in July 16 Living in NYC you have two choices. ICC, and ICE. So my first tour was...
What can I say? There is not one person who has ever held a pan that will deny the beauty of well made copper cookware. Whether you like using copper or not, I think we can all at least agree...
The Kikuichi Swedish Damascus Warikomi 9.5 inch is a fine example of Japanese craftsmanship. Everything from the hand forged blade to the precise, yet, simple handle drips with quality. With a...
Disclaimer: I got one of these Codream colanders for free to review, but my opinions good bad or ugly are always my own. It's available on Amazon for $15.99 at the time of review A...
Anybody out there a PAELLA GOD?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 41/19/11 at 5:51pmpost #3 of 41/19/11 at 6:46pm
My wife is Latino and I have made Paella a couple of times, even thought it's probably not been "classic". It has been very good and my guests have enjoyed it. I think the pea's are more for astetic's than flavor, something to bring color and an appealing balance to the dish. The peas certainly get lost in the flavors and do not stand out by themselves. Kind of offset's the yellow in the rest of this dish.post #4 of 41/19/11 at 10:05pm
They are in many recipes but I would only add them if in season. Paella is a lot like jambalaya in that you can use it to get rid of leftovers while also taking advantage of what you have fresh on hand. Here is a Jose Andres recipe that looks tasty.
And just becuase I wanted to show off a little. Here is a jambalaya I made over my Uncle's campfire pit in a giant steel skillet. Much in the style of a paella.
- Anybody out there a PAELLA GOD?
- Chinese Black Forbidden Rice
- › Stollen Baking Pan question 27 minutes ago
- › What stones are you using? 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › First Culinary Walk In Interview. FT Student Needs 2 ?s Answered.... 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › Fried Chicken Woes 3 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Oven Advice For Cookie Business 3 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Drizzling Chocolate 3 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Sugimoto #6 chuka bocho 3 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › Does making chicken stock in a cast iron dutch oven turn the liquid... 3 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › Happy Mardi Gras! 3 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Commercial kitchen for rent--Greenwich CT. 3 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by Marmaladeonmain
- › Institute of Culinary Education (New York) by m00chness
- › Mauviel M250 Tin Lined 8pc Copper Cookware by Virgil
- › Kikuichi 9.5" Nickel Sweden Warikomi Damascus Chef's Knife by Virgil
- › Codream® Micro Perforated Stainless Steel Colander 5 Quart with... by MillionsKnives
- › Jende White Ceramic Steel by MillionsKnives
- › Burger Press- Best Hamburger Press From Motamayez Home Made of... by Grunch92
- › Yamada iron launch one hand wok (thickness 1.2mm) 33cm (japan import) by MillionsKnives
- › Sullivan University, Louisville, KY by hashbrownclown
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by rpmiller