My chef sweetheart and I have been turning on to paella since being invited to a 3-chef "Paella Throwdown". We keep finding recipes that call for frozen peas. What is up with THAT? Is Spain filled with little English gardens filled with delicate pea pods, or are cookbook writers looking for color, or are peas truly traditional in paella?
Related Forum Threads
- Paella and Jambalaya rice recipe Last post on 10/4/09 at 7:20am in Food & Cooking
- Spanish Paella Last post on 1/15/14 at 1:56am in Recipes
- What is a typical water/broth to rice ratio for paella? Last post on 8/14/09 at 3:36pm in Food & Cooking
- Paella on a charcoal grill, will that work? Last post on 8/15/09 at 4:19am in Food & Cooking
- Paella Recipe? Can anyone help Last post on 4/28/09 at 8:25am in Recipes
Last edited: 1/21/12
- Chinese Black Forbidden RiceLast edited: 1/21/12
- Basmati RiceLast edited: 1/21/12
- Italian Rice Dishes By Diane SeedLast edited: 2/16/10
I have to admit that at first I was a little worried about a cookbook put out by Betty Crocker. After all who is Betty Crocker anyway? My fear was that every recipe would require a box mix to be...
I'm in the Foods Program at Saddleback Community College and my experiences thus far have been fantastic! Classes usually meet once a week for 5 hours. This gives the student ample time to prepare...
I've experimented with juicing over the years, not as a lifestyle by any means, but I do believe science backs up the fact that many vegetables have nutritional value that is lost during the...
Keep an eye out for discounts, I purchased two of these units and one of the two I was able to score a coupon code for a $50.00 discount! Sous Vide gear has been consistently coming down in...
The best recipes to prepare at home are not always those found on the latest cooking program or come from trying to replicate the goodness found at the hottest restaurant. Some recipes may even be...
Anybody out there a PAELLA GOD?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 41/19/11 at 5:51pmpost #3 of 41/19/11 at 6:46pm
My wife is Latino and I have made Paella a couple of times, even thought it's probably not been "classic". It has been very good and my guests have enjoyed it. I think the pea's are more for astetic's than flavor, something to bring color and an appealing balance to the dish. The peas certainly get lost in the flavors and do not stand out by themselves. Kind of offset's the yellow in the rest of this dish.post #4 of 41/19/11 at 10:05pm
They are in many recipes but I would only add them if in season. Paella is a lot like jambalaya in that you can use it to get rid of leftovers while also taking advantage of what you have fresh on hand. Here is a Jose Andres recipe that looks tasty.
And just becuase I wanted to show off a little. Here is a jambalaya I made over my Uncle's campfire pit in a giant steel skillet. Much in the style of a paella.
- Anybody out there a PAELLA GOD?
- Chinese Black Forbidden Rice
- › What do you think of this wording? 4 minutes ago
- › For the love of Caramel's will someone please tell me...... 11 minutes ago
- › Rent a commercial Licsesed kitchen business 13 minutes ago
- › Where is K-Girl These Days? 15 minutes ago
- › Rent kitchen in Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley 28 minutes ago
- › October 2014 Challenge - Stew 37 minutes ago
- › Genoise recipe. 45 minutes ago
- › Khanom Thai (Thai dessert recipes) 2 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Looking for suggestions on new Japanese knives 2 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › More restaurants need..... 3 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Betty Crocker The Big Book of Cookies (Betty Crocker Big Book) by Cami
- › Saddleback College - Food and Nutrition Department by robstathem
- › Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Commercial Masticating Juicer, Black... by eastshores
- › Anova Sous Vide Immersion Circulator (Black) by eastshores
- › Polish Classic Recipes (Classics Series) by Jim Berman
- › Johnson and Wales University - Providence, RI by chefwriter
- › The Art Institute of California - Hollywood by ChefTorres87
- › J.A. Henckels International Forged Synergy 8-Inch Chef's Knife by 13krama
- › The Complete Guide to Northern Gulf Seafood by Pete
- › MAC MTH-80 8" Chef's Knife w/ Dimples by LovelyFeyd