My chef sweetheart and I have been turning on to paella since being invited to a 3-chef "Paella Throwdown". We keep finding recipes that call for frozen peas. What is up with THAT? Is Spain filled with little English gardens filled with delicate pea pods, or are cookbook writers looking for color, or are peas truly traditional in paella?
Related Forum Threads
- Paella and Jambalaya rice recipe Last post on 10/4/09 at 7:20am in Food & Cooking
- Spanish Paella Last post on 1/15/14 at 1:56am in Recipes
- What is a typical water/broth to rice ratio for paella? Last post on 8/14/09 at 3:36pm in Food & Cooking
- Paella on a charcoal grill, will that work? Last post on 8/15/09 at 4:19am in Food & Cooking
- Paella Recipe? Can anyone help Last post on 4/28/09 at 8:25am in Recipes
Last edited: 1/21/12
- Chinese Black Forbidden RiceLast edited: 1/21/12
- Basmati RiceLast edited: 1/21/12
- Italian Rice Dishes By Diane SeedLast edited: 2/16/10
I attended LCB in Portland, Oregon and also in Scottsdale, Arizona. I was overall very disappointed with my time at Le Cordon Bleu. The standards are LOW. I'm talking DIRTY uniforms, poor overall...
I have been baking my entire life, and some of the recipes, i would not recommend.
Great all around experience in a beautiful college environment. Great chefs, serious students, exposure to lots of knowledge. Wonderful facilities! Can't go wrong.
I am still in school but this place is great. The teacher are know there stuff and many of them still work in the industry or they had previous experience from 4 star to managing the food for...
I personally had great times here and made a lot of friends. But all that aside, LCI stopped the externship part of the program which is truly where students will little to no experience really...
Anybody out there a PAELLA GOD?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 41/19/11 at 5:51pmpost #3 of 41/19/11 at 6:46pm
My wife is Latino and I have made Paella a couple of times, even thought it's probably not been "classic". It has been very good and my guests have enjoyed it. I think the pea's are more for astetic's than flavor, something to bring color and an appealing balance to the dish. The peas certainly get lost in the flavors and do not stand out by themselves. Kind of offset's the yellow in the rest of this dish.post #4 of 41/19/11 at 10:05pm
They are in many recipes but I would only add them if in season. Paella is a lot like jambalaya in that you can use it to get rid of leftovers while also taking advantage of what you have fresh on hand. Here is a Jose Andres recipe that looks tasty.
And just becuase I wanted to show off a little. Here is a jambalaya I made over my Uncle's campfire pit in a giant steel skillet. Much in the style of a paella.
- Anybody out there a PAELLA GOD?
- Chinese Black Forbidden Rice
- › TRANSGENDER CHEF 3 minutes ago
- › Promotion :) 12 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Spätzle. 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › FROM LINE COOK/PREP TO MANAGER FOH-HELP!! 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › Tired of the same steaks...proteins in general 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › 3 lazy managers/ No business 2 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Private chef 2 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Edible Ramekin 2 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › DALSTRONG 3 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by freshbaked
- › Professional Baking by Daniel Benitez
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by backtobasics2
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by nikimouse311
- › Lincoln Culinary Institute - Culinary Training by PRChef561
- › Anova Sous Vide Immersion Circulator (Black) by theloggg
- › Chef Academy by MartyfromItaly
- › Culinary Cooking School Professional Meat Grinder Food Chopper Fits... by Pete
- › Institute of Culinary Education (New York) by m00chness
- › Mauviel M250 Tin Lined 8pc Copper Cookware by Virgil
- › Beef and Mushroom Skewers with Onion Balsamic...
- › Jerk Chicken
- › The Florodora-A Gin Cocktail
- › Grilled Shrimp Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
- › Chicken Salad - A Lesson in Presentation
- › Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza
- › Coca Cola Battered Cherries
- › Strawberry Freezer Jam-Jelly Making Made Simple
- › Indian Inspired Grilled Chicken with Rhubarb...
- › Barbecued Ribs with Bourbon BBQ Sauce