There are several posts in various fora about crepe pans. I've been using a stainless steel Farberware pan since the early '70s, and was wondering if anyone else had this type of pan. The handle is bakelite, with a stainless hanging ring at the end. The only markings on the bottom, other than the Farberware logo with "Aluminum Clad Stainless Steel" are the letters JH. I've tried a few other crepe pans, but none comes close to being as easy to use, or for turning out decently sized feathery-edged crepes. The pan is specifically shaped to make crepes. Easy to clean. and better than any non-stick I've ever used. The proper temperature, a bit of butter, swirl the batter, and flip when the edge browns.
Related Forum Threads
- Pots and Pans Last post on 6/8/13 at 7:55am in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- Cooking Chicken dinner....Help?!? Last post on 12/12/10 at 5:26pm in Food & Cooking
- Pan for cooking? Last post on 7/2/10 at 5:18pm in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- Pots and Pans? Last post on 1/31/10 at 10:41pm in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- Tamago Pan Last post on 12/11/08 at 6:31pm in Cooking Equipment Reviews
I got mine a little over two years ago as a christmas gift and I still use it every day. An overall solid knife, nothing to write home about, but out of the box it'll cut anything you need it to,...
Almost 2 years ago now, ChefTalk had a random-draw giveaway for one of these cutting boards. What you had to do was to write a review of a cutting board you use. I wrote one, and it was randomly...
This is a great book written by a very passionate pastry chef. In many ways, a home cook might never need anything more. There are recipes for all seasons and Jacquay covers the details completely....
A basic oil stone for knife maintenance. I use the coarse side for setting initial bevels and repairing blade damage. The coarse side is P150 and is grey I use the fine side to finish the edge....
It was a delight ordering my board from John. he was very helpful discussing the pros and cons of adding feet (I did and I like them.) He was friendly and helpful to all my enquiries, then made...
Best crepe pan: Farberware stainless.
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
The best pans I've used by far a simple carbon steel (black steel) pans. There is melted butter in the batter, and to first use, butter is melted in the pan. With three pans, I can usually do 100 crepes an hour.
I REALLY like the ScanPan ceramic titanium coating on there pans. They are over safe to 500 degrees for you can sear and broil. You can use metal utensils so no worries about someone messing it up with a fork or something. They make a Crepe Pan. If I made crepes or had room for another pan I would buy one because I am that confident in the products.
- Best crepe pan: Farberware stainless.
- › A skinny cook going for job interviews 23 seconds ago
- › Considering switch from traditional POS to tablet based system 1 minute ago
- › Which do you prefer? 24 minutes ago
- › COMBI OVENS. Between Alto Shaam or Cleveland Combitherm Combi... 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › Favorite afterwork drink to relax with? 2 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Did or did you not go to culinary school? Was it worth it? 2 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Do I even need a santoku 4 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Garlic shrimp scampi pasta - cheese or no cheese? 4 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › Struggling as a line cook... 5 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › Honesuki or Western Boning Knife? 7 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › Global 8-Inch 20cm Cook's Knife by NikoBleau
- › John Boos Newton Prep Master Maple Wood Reversible Cutting Board... by ChrisLehrer
- › The Art of French Pastry by Jacquy Pfeiffer by OCDshaver
- › Norton 614636855653 IB8 1-by-2-by-8-Inch Fine/Coarse India... by Scott Livesey
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by tobe999
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by dumpling
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Mustardpot
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Food Safety As Kitchen Culture
- › Cranberry/Orange Parfait with Chocolate Sauce...
- › Vegan Cuisine - It's Not Just Bean Curd...
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise
- › A "No Turkey" Thanksgiving-Roast Pork
- › Caramelized Cauliflower
- › Holiday Entertaining-Cocktails