There are several posts in various fora about crepe pans. I've been using a stainless steel Farberware pan since the early '70s, and was wondering if anyone else had this type of pan. The handle is bakelite, with a stainless hanging ring at the end. The only markings on the bottom, other than the Farberware logo with "Aluminum Clad Stainless Steel" are the letters JH. I've tried a few other crepe pans, but none comes close to being as easy to use, or for turning out decently sized feathery-edged crepes. The pan is specifically shaped to make crepes. Easy to clean. and better than any non-stick I've ever used. The proper temperature, a bit of butter, swirl the batter, and flip when the edge browns.
Related Forum Threads
- Pots and Pans Last post on 6/8/13 at 7:55am in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- Cooking Chicken dinner....Help?!? Last post on 12/12/10 at 5:26pm in Food & Cooking
- Pan for cooking? Last post on 7/2/10 at 5:18pm in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- Pots and Pans? Last post on 1/31/10 at 10:41pm in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- Tamago Pan Last post on 12/11/08 at 6:31pm in Cooking Equipment Reviews
It was a delight ordering my board from John. he was very helpful discussing the pros and cons of adding feet (I did and I like them.) He was friendly and helpful to all my enquiries, then made...
I graduated from OCC several years ago, but I still recommend it to my employees and any young aspiring cooks that I meet. It is a community college, so you won't leave this place drowning in debt....
A little bit about me: I grew up in the Hudson Valley about 30 min. away from the CIA. I knew I wanted to go to culinary school since I was in 10th grade and started cooking for my family...
So far im loving this school this is just my first semester so i can't judge to much but coming from my last school henry ford community college schoolcraft community college is so much better the...
Best crepe pan: Farberware stainless.
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
The best pans I've used by far a simple carbon steel (black steel) pans. There is melted butter in the batter, and to first use, butter is melted in the pan. With three pans, I can usually do 100 crepes an hour.
I REALLY like the ScanPan ceramic titanium coating on there pans. They are over safe to 500 degrees for you can sear and broil. You can use metal utensils so no worries about someone messing it up with a fork or something. They make a Crepe Pan. If I made crepes or had room for another pan I would buy one because I am that confident in the products.
- Best crepe pan: Farberware stainless.
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
- › Help a perfectionist choose the right knife for the kitchen 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › Frying Multiple Eggs 3 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Chef Crash Course Needed! 4 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › Do you use a pocket knife in the kitchen? 6 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Mods from hell 8 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Huge, MEGA huge dilemma. Help me out guys? 8 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Shibata Kotetsu VS Masakage Kumo 8 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › Homemade Christmas food gifts? 8 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › December Cooking Challenge: Custard 11 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Got my knife and my cash stolen from work today 16 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by tobe999
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by dumpling
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Mustardpot
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Anova WiFi Sous Vide Precision Cooker, Black by phatch
- › Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off... by phatch
- › Iwatani Gas Cassette Burner Stove by eastshores
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by tessy
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise
- › A "No Turkey" Thanksgiving-Roast Pork
- › Caramelized Cauliflower
- › Holiday Entertaining-Cocktails
- › Spinach and Arugula Salad with Grapefruit
- › Summer Vegetable Pasta
- › Apple Cranberry Leather
- › Mushroom Risotto