There are several posts in various fora about crepe pans. I've been using a stainless steel Farberware pan since the early '70s, and was wondering if anyone else had this type of pan. The handle is bakelite, with a stainless hanging ring at the end. The only markings on the bottom, other than the Farberware logo with "Aluminum Clad Stainless Steel" are the letters JH. I've tried a few other crepe pans, but none comes close to being as easy to use, or for turning out decently sized feathery-edged crepes. The pan is specifically shaped to make crepes. Easy to clean. and better than any non-stick I've ever used. The proper temperature, a bit of butter, swirl the batter, and flip when the edge browns.
Related Forum Threads
- Pots and Pans Last post on 6/8/13 at 7:55am in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- Cooking Chicken dinner....Help?!? Last post on 12/12/10 at 5:26pm in Food & Cooking
- Pan for cooking? Last post on 7/2/10 at 5:18pm in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- Pots and Pans? Last post on 1/31/10 at 10:41pm in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- Tamago Pan Last post on 12/11/08 at 6:31pm in Cooking Equipment Reviews
I attended LCB in Portland, Oregon and also in Scottsdale, Arizona. I was overall very disappointed with my time at Le Cordon Bleu. The standards are LOW. I'm talking DIRTY uniforms, poor overall...
I have been baking my entire life, and some of the recipes, i would not recommend.
Great all around experience in a beautiful college environment. Great chefs, serious students, exposure to lots of knowledge. Wonderful facilities! Can't go wrong.
I am still in school but this place is great. The teacher are know there stuff and many of them still work in the industry or they had previous experience from 4 star to managing the food for...
I personally had great times here and made a lot of friends. But all that aside, LCI stopped the externship part of the program which is truly where students will little to no experience really...
Best crepe pan: Farberware stainless.
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
The best pans I've used by far a simple carbon steel (black steel) pans. There is melted butter in the batter, and to first use, butter is melted in the pan. With three pans, I can usually do 100 crepes an hour.
I REALLY like the ScanPan ceramic titanium coating on there pans. They are over safe to 500 degrees for you can sear and broil. You can use metal utensils so no worries about someone messing it up with a fork or something. They make a Crepe Pan. If I made crepes or had room for another pan I would buy one because I am that confident in the products.
- Best crepe pan: Farberware stainless.
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
- › Life After the Kitchen 2 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Chinese Orange Chicken 3 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Ingredients list 4 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Setup - What do you like and dislike? 4 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Completely Custom Menu restaurant Concept. Genius? Madness? or Both? 5 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Sous vide at home 5 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Issues with Sous 5 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › TRANSGENDER CHEF 6 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Chef's Choice or minosharp sharpener for 70/30 bevel? 6 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › made a new purchase, vitamix, whats your opinion? 8 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by freshbaked
- › Professional Baking by Daniel Benitez
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by backtobasics2
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by nikimouse311
- › Lincoln Culinary Institute - Culinary Training by PRChef561
- › Anova Sous Vide Immersion Circulator (Black) by theloggg
- › Chef Academy by MartyfromItaly
- › Culinary Cooking School Professional Meat Grinder Food Chopper Fits... by Pete
- › Institute of Culinary Education (New York) by m00chness
- › Mauviel M250 Tin Lined 8pc Copper Cookware by Virgil
- › Kalua Pig And Cabbage
- › Kalua Pork, Oven Style
- › Beef and Mushroom Skewers with Onion Balsamic...
- › Jerk Chicken
- › The Florodora-A Gin Cocktail
- › Grilled Shrimp Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
- › Chicken Salad - A Lesson in Presentation
- › Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza
- › Coca Cola Battered Cherries
- › Strawberry Freezer Jam-Jelly Making Made Simple