There are several posts in various fora about crepe pans. I've been using a stainless steel Farberware pan since the early '70s, and was wondering if anyone else had this type of pan. The handle is bakelite, with a stainless hanging ring at the end. The only markings on the bottom, other than the Farberware logo with "Aluminum Clad Stainless Steel" are the letters JH. I've tried a few other crepe pans, but none comes close to being as easy to use, or for turning out decently sized feathery-edged crepes. The pan is specifically shaped to make crepes. Easy to clean. and better than any non-stick I've ever used. The proper temperature, a bit of butter, swirl the batter, and flip when the edge browns.
Related Forum Threads
- Pots and Pans Last post on 6/8/13 at 7:55am in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- Cooking Chicken dinner....Help?!? Last post on 12/12/10 at 5:26pm in Food & Cooking
- Pan for cooking? Last post on 7/2/10 at 5:18pm in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- Pots and Pans? Last post on 1/31/10 at 10:41pm in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- Tamago Pan Last post on 12/11/08 at 6:31pm in Cooking Equipment Reviews
I've owned this tenderizer for about a year and a half. Alton Brown talked about the joys of a 48-blade cutter for turning cheap, tough pieces of beef into actually cubed meat -- meat that's...
Alton Brown talked about the joys of a 48-blade cutter like this for turning cheap, tough pieces of beef into actually cubed meat -- meat that's perforated to make it tender. So I bought one with...
I have four Microplanes in my knife drawer: two zester/graters, one ribbon grater, and one spice grater. Mine all date back to the "classic series," meaning they have the black plastic handle --...
I graduated in '95 and went back this past Thanksgiving w my 9yo daughter. We eat at the French restaurant, Escoffier. It was great! You get what you pay for. The problem is that many of the...
I attended the professional chef course chef at Italian Chef Academy in Rome chef academy course in January 2017 and both chefs and cooking lessons were fantastic. I have just finished my...
Best crepe pan: Farberware stainless.
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
The best pans I've used by far a simple carbon steel (black steel) pans. There is melted butter in the batter, and to first use, butter is melted in the pan. With three pans, I can usually do 100 crepes an hour.
I REALLY like the ScanPan ceramic titanium coating on there pans. They are over safe to 500 degrees for you can sear and broil. You can use metal utensils so no worries about someone messing it up with a fork or something. They make a Crepe Pan. If I made crepes or had room for another pan I would buy one because I am that confident in the products.
- Best crepe pan: Farberware stainless.
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
- › Hi - Aspiring Entrepreneur 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Buying Advice Japanese Chef Knife 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › How to deal with groups and (partial) no-shows? 2 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Gluten-free shortcake? 4 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Sushi quirk 4 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Please help-I don't know how to follow orders! 4 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Mahi Mahi Emergency!!! 6 hours, 1 minute ago
- › What vegetable side dish goes with salmon? 6 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Books for someone trying to be a better pastry chef 7 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › de Buyer carbone plus frying pan 9 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Jaccard Supertendermatic 48-Blade Tenderizer by HeidiCooksSuppe
- › Loen 48-blade Meat Tenderizer Meat Neddle (White) by HeidiCooksSuppe
- › Microplane 46220 Premium Zester/Grater, Turquoise by HeidiCooksSuppe
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by hchaz
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by jordanfood
- › Tojiro-DP Chef's Knife 9.4" (24cm) by captainbligh
- › Miyabi Morimoto Edition 8-Inch Chef Knife by captainbligh
- › Wsthof Grand Prix II 8-Inch Cook's Knife by captainbligh
- › Global 8-Inch 20cm Cook's Knife by NikoBleau
- › John Boos Newton Prep Master Maple Wood Reversible Cutting Board... by ChrisLehrer
- › Roasted Chinese Pork Belly
- › An Oven Roasted Suckling Pig
- › Some Myths About Beef and Cattle
- › Food Safety As Kitchen Culture
- › Cranberry/Orange Parfait with Chocolate Sauce...
- › Vegan Cuisine - It's Not Just Bean Curd...
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise