There are several posts in various fora about crepe pans. I've been using a stainless steel Farberware pan since the early '70s, and was wondering if anyone else had this type of pan. The handle is bakelite, with a stainless hanging ring at the end. The only markings on the bottom, other than the Farberware logo with "Aluminum Clad Stainless Steel" are the letters JH. I've tried a few other crepe pans, but none comes close to being as easy to use, or for turning out decently sized feathery-edged crepes. The pan is specifically shaped to make crepes. Easy to clean. and better than any non-stick I've ever used. The proper temperature, a bit of butter, swirl the batter, and flip when the edge browns.
Related Forum Threads
- Pots and Pans Last post on 6/8/13 at 7:55am in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- Cooking Chicken dinner....Help?!? Last post on 12/12/10 at 5:26pm in Food & Cooking
- Pan for cooking? Last post on 7/2/10 at 5:18pm in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- Pots and Pans? Last post on 1/31/10 at 10:41pm in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- Tamago Pan Last post on 12/11/08 at 6:31pm in Cooking Equipment Reviews
I'm heading into my 4th summer with this factory refurbished machine. It has been reliable and does the job it is intended to do very well, though a bit loudly. I use it heavily during the summer...
Overall, since purchasing this knife, I have not been disappointed at all. The highlights, begin with the rounded hilt and blade top, which reduce the stress on the palms and make calluses a...
I've owned this tenderizer for about a year and a half. Alton Brown talked about the joys of a 48-blade cutter for turning cheap, tough pieces of beef into actually cubed meat -- meat that's...
Alton Brown talked about the joys of a 48-blade cutter like this for turning cheap, tough pieces of beef into actually cubed meat -- meat that's perforated to make it tender. So I bought one with...
I have four Microplanes in my knife drawer: two zester/graters, one ribbon grater, and one spice grater. Mine all date back to the "classic series," meaning they have the black plastic handle --...
Best crepe pan: Farberware stainless.
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
The best pans I've used by far a simple carbon steel (black steel) pans. There is melted butter in the batter, and to first use, butter is melted in the pan. With three pans, I can usually do 100 crepes an hour.
I REALLY like the ScanPan ceramic titanium coating on there pans. They are over safe to 500 degrees for you can sear and broil. You can use metal utensils so no worries about someone messing it up with a fork or something. They make a Crepe Pan. If I made crepes or had room for another pan I would buy one because I am that confident in the products.
- Best crepe pan: Farberware stainless.
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
- › When to sharpen? 1 minute ago
- › Spraying steaks with pan spray?! 49 minutes ago
- › Chef's vs Santoku 58 minutes ago
- › Graduating Soon: Need advise on dealing with depression/ Mental... 5 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › What knives do you sharpen the most often? 6 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Bacon to cure ratio 6 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › natural stones 6 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › How to master garde manger station 6 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › I've come for a visit 7 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Should Etoufee be sweet? 7 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt,... by ChicagoTerry
- › Friedr. Dick 1905 Exclusive Series 10-Inch Chef's Knife by JVKolich
- › Jaccard Supertendermatic 48-Blade Tenderizer by HeidiCooksSuppe
- › Loen 48-blade Meat Tenderizer Meat Neddle (White) by HeidiCooksSuppe
- › Microplane 46220 Premium Zester/Grater, Turquoise by HeidiCooksSuppe
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by hchaz
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by jordanfood
- › Tojiro-DP Chef's Knife 9.4" (24cm) by captainbligh
- › Miyabi Morimoto Edition 8-Inch Chef Knife by captainbligh
- › Wsthof Grand Prix II 8-Inch Cook's Knife by captainbligh
- › Roasted Chinese Pork Belly
- › An Oven Roasted Suckling Pig
- › Some Myths About Beef and Cattle
- › Food Safety As Kitchen Culture
- › Cranberry/Orange Parfait with Chocolate Sauce...
- › Vegan Cuisine - It's Not Just Bean Curd...
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise