Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBread Serrated Knivestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryChefs Knivestagged by System, 4/25/11
- brandDexter Russelltagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- brandGlobaltagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- brandJ A Henckelstagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- categoryJapanesetagged by System, 4/25/11
- brandMasamototagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- brandMasanobutagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- brandMiyabitagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- brandMundialtagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14More
- brandRH Forschnertagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- categorySharpenerstagged by System, 4/25/11
- brandShuntagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- brandTojiro DPtagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- brandVictorinoxtagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- itemWusthof 9755Classic 2-Piece Knife Starter Settagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- Need new knives...Japanese for chicken? Last post on 4/16/14 at 11:03am in Cooking Knife Reviews
- Three Fave Knife Brands Last post on 2/6/17 at 12:15pm in Cooking Knife Reviews
- Student Knives Last post on 6/4/11 at 11:23pm in Cooking Knife Reviews
- I do not want to buy a knife Last post on 2/3/11 at 7:34pm in Cooking Knife Reviews
- Tojiro DP F-809 240mm Gyuto a Good Budget/Entry level Intro to Japanese Knives? Last post on 9/18/11 at 9:06pm in Cooking Knife Reviews
Last edited: 8/25/10
- Japanese Knives 101Last edited: 5/7/13
- How To Sharpen A Chefs KnifeLast edited: 1/7/12
- Miso SoupLast edited: 10/1/10
- DashiLast edited: 10/1/10
I graduated in '95 and went back this past Thanksgiving w my 9yo daughter. We eat at the French restaurant, Escoffier. It was great! You get what you pay for. The problem is that many of the...
I attended the professional chef course chef at Italian Chef Academy in Rome chef academy course in January 2017 and both chefs and cooking lessons were fantastic. I have just finished my...
A very good way to get into Japanese blades since very good bang for the buck. Familiar blade and handle shape. Very good steel, comes with and keeps a good sharp edge ... but if you need to touch...
I picked up the Miyabi 8" chef's (600D) as an upgrade to my Henckels when I found it on sale and was not disappointed. Feels a bit lighter and more agile in the hand compared to the Germans since...
Wüsthof is one of the "big name" Germans for a reason, over 200 years. Their professional tier lines are all solid, and the choice may end up being just personal taste over the exact look/material...
Best chef knives money can buy and where to purchase?? - Page 3post #61 of 649/29/15 at 6:46pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 649/29/15 at 8:12pm
This must be the thread that cannot die.
Maybe if we all sing the Theme Song for The Attack of The Killer Tomatoes, we can finally kill it off.
THEME ATTACK OF THE KILLER TOMATOES LYRICS
Attack of the killer tomatoes!
Attack of the killer tomatoes!
They'll beat you, bash you, squish you, mash you
Chew you up for brunch and finish you off for dinner or lunch!
They're marching down the halls
They're crawling up the walls
They're gooey, gushy, squishy, mushy
Rotten to the core
They're standing outside your door!
Remember Herman Farbage
while taking out his garbage
He turned around and he did see tomatoes hiding in his tree
Now he's just a memory!
I know I'm going to miss her
a tomato ate my sister
Sacramento fell today
They're marching in San Jose
Tomatoes are on their way!
And, if you needed it, (and especially if you don't) - here's the Theme Song on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PDaeN97rb0
GSpost #63 of 649/30/15 at 4:46am
Yes GS. But what gyuto will we use to kill the killer tomatoes? Clad? Honyaki? What steel? And what size: 210, 270 mm.?Gebe Gott uns allen, uns Trinkern, einen so leichten und so schönen Tod! Joseph Roth.Gebe Gott uns allen, uns Trinkern, einen so leichten und so schönen Tod! Joseph Roth.post #64 of 649/30/15 at 7:50pm
- Best chef knives money can buy and where to purchase??
- Japanese Knives 101
- › Which do you prefer? 11 minutes ago
- › Quiche pan prep question 55 minutes ago
- › Style of Preparing Eastern Veggie with same Texture as Meat? 3 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Greenherb A Grade Dried Shiitake Mushrooms and parasites 4 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › School me on Sous Vide:: Zero to Hero style 4 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Quick survey about food distributors 4 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Gino's East Pizza Crust 5 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Large volume salt - storage and cooking 5 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › New Restaurant Owners 7 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › The Four Pillars of Wine for Beginners 8 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by hchaz
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by jordanfood
- › Tojiro-DP Chef's Knife 9.4" (24cm) by captainbligh
- › Miyabi Morimoto Edition 8-Inch Chef Knife by captainbligh
- › Wsthof Grand Prix II 8-Inch Cook's Knife by captainbligh
- › Global 8-Inch 20cm Cook's Knife by NikoBleau
- › John Boos Newton Prep Master Maple Wood Reversible Cutting Board... by ChrisLehrer
- › The Art of French Pastry by Jacquy Pfeiffer by OCDshaver
- › Norton 614636855653 IB8 1-by-2-by-8-Inch Fine/Coarse India... by Scott Livesey
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by tobe999
- › An Oven Roasted Suckling Pig
- › Some Myths About Beef and Cattle
- › Food Safety As Kitchen Culture
- › Cranberry/Orange Parfait with Chocolate Sauce...
- › Vegan Cuisine - It's Not Just Bean Curd...
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise
- › A "No Turkey" Thanksgiving-Roast Pork