Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBread Serrated Knivestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryChefs Knivestagged by System, 4/25/11
- brandDexter Russelltagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- brandGlobaltagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- brandJ A Henckelstagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- categoryJapanesetagged by System, 4/25/11
- brandMasamototagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- brandMasanobutagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- brandMiyabitagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- brandMundialtagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14More
- brandRH Forschnertagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- categorySharpenerstagged by System, 4/25/11
- brandShuntagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- brandTojiro DPtagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- brandVictorinoxtagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- itemWusthof 9755Classic 2-Piece Knife Starter Settagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- Need new knives...Japanese for chicken? Last post on 4/16/14 at 11:03am in Cooking Knife Reviews
- Three Fave Knife Brands Last post on 2/6/17 at 12:15pm in Cooking Knife Reviews
- Student Knives Last post on 6/4/11 at 11:23pm in Cooking Knife Reviews
- I do not want to buy a knife Last post on 2/3/11 at 7:34pm in Cooking Knife Reviews
- Tojiro DP F-809 240mm Gyuto a Good Budget/Entry level Intro to Japanese Knives? Last post on 9/18/11 at 9:06pm in Cooking Knife Reviews
Last edited: 8/25/10
- Japanese Knives 101Last edited: 5/7/13
- How To Sharpen A Chefs KnifeLast edited: 1/7/12
- Miso SoupLast edited: 10/1/10
- DashiLast edited: 10/1/10
I'm heading into my 4th summer with this factory refurbished machine. It has been reliable and does the job it is intended to do very well, though a bit loudly. I use it heavily during the summer...
Overall, since purchasing this knife, I have not been disappointed at all. The highlights, begin with the rounded hilt and blade top, which reduce the stress on the palms and make calluses a...
I've owned this tenderizer for about a year and a half. Alton Brown talked about the joys of a 48-blade cutter for turning cheap, tough pieces of beef into actually cubed meat -- meat that's...
Alton Brown talked about the joys of a 48-blade cutter like this for turning cheap, tough pieces of beef into actually cubed meat -- meat that's perforated to make it tender. So I bought one with...
I have four Microplanes in my knife drawer: two zester/graters, one ribbon grater, and one spice grater. Mine all date back to the "classic series," meaning they have the black plastic handle --...
Best chef knives money can buy and where to purchase?? - Page 3post #61 of 649/29/15 at 6:46pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 649/29/15 at 8:12pm
This must be the thread that cannot die.
Maybe if we all sing the Theme Song for The Attack of The Killer Tomatoes, we can finally kill it off.
THEME ATTACK OF THE KILLER TOMATOES LYRICS
Attack of the killer tomatoes!
Attack of the killer tomatoes!
They'll beat you, bash you, squish you, mash you
Chew you up for brunch and finish you off for dinner or lunch!
They're marching down the halls
They're crawling up the walls
They're gooey, gushy, squishy, mushy
Rotten to the core
They're standing outside your door!
Remember Herman Farbage
while taking out his garbage
He turned around and he did see tomatoes hiding in his tree
Now he's just a memory!
I know I'm going to miss her
a tomato ate my sister
Sacramento fell today
They're marching in San Jose
Tomatoes are on their way!
And, if you needed it, (and especially if you don't) - here's the Theme Song on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PDaeN97rb0
GSpost #63 of 649/30/15 at 4:46am
Yes GS. But what gyuto will we use to kill the killer tomatoes? Clad? Honyaki? What steel? And what size: 210, 270 mm.?Gebe Gott uns allen, uns Trinkern, einen so leichten und so schönen Tod! Joseph Roth.Gebe Gott uns allen, uns Trinkern, einen so leichten und so schönen Tod! Joseph Roth.post #64 of 649/30/15 at 7:50pm
- Best chef knives money can buy and where to purchase??
- Japanese Knives 101
- › Bacon to cure ratio 18 minutes ago
- › Chef's vs Santoku 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › How to master garde manger station 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 2 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Red Writing Hood 3 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Making chicken fettuccine Alfredo with broccoli for 150 people 3 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › Should Etoufee be sweet? 3 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › natural stones 4 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › New Chick in the Empty Nest 5 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › song stuck in head 5 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt,... by ChicagoTerry
- › Friedr. Dick 1905 Exclusive Series 10-Inch Chef's Knife by JVKolich
- › Jaccard Supertendermatic 48-Blade Tenderizer by HeidiCooksSuppe
- › Loen 48-blade Meat Tenderizer Meat Neddle (White) by HeidiCooksSuppe
- › Microplane 46220 Premium Zester/Grater, Turquoise by HeidiCooksSuppe
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by hchaz
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by jordanfood
- › Tojiro-DP Chef's Knife 9.4" (24cm) by captainbligh
- › Miyabi Morimoto Edition 8-Inch Chef Knife by captainbligh
- › Wsthof Grand Prix II 8-Inch Cook's Knife by captainbligh
- › Roasted Chinese Pork Belly
- › An Oven Roasted Suckling Pig
- › Some Myths About Beef and Cattle
- › Food Safety As Kitchen Culture
- › Cranberry/Orange Parfait with Chocolate Sauce...
- › Vegan Cuisine - It's Not Just Bean Curd...
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise