Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBread Serrated Knivestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryChefs Knivestagged by System, 4/25/11
- brandDexter Russelltagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- brandGlobaltagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- brandJ A Henckelstagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- categoryJapanesetagged by System, 4/25/11
- brandMasamototagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- brandMasanobutagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- brandMiyabitagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- brandMundialtagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14More
- brandRH Forschnertagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- categorySharpenerstagged by System, 4/25/11
- brandShuntagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- brandTojiro DPtagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- brandVictorinoxtagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
- itemWusthof 9755Classic 2-Piece Knife Starter Settagged by cheflayne, 4/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- Need new knives...Japanese for chicken? Last post on 4/16/14 at 11:03am in Cooking Knife Reviews
- Three Fave Knife Brands Last post on 1/19/16 at 6:07pm in Cooking Knife Reviews
- Student Knives Last post on 6/4/11 at 11:23pm in Cooking Knife Reviews
- I do not want to buy a knife Last post on 2/3/11 at 7:34pm in Cooking Knife Reviews
- Tojiro DP F-809 240mm Gyuto a Good Budget/Entry level Intro to Japanese Knives? Last post on 9/18/11 at 9:06pm in Cooking Knife Reviews
Last edited: 8/25/10
- Japanese Knives 101Last edited: 5/7/13
- How To Sharpen A Chefs KnifeLast edited: 1/7/12
- Miso SoupLast edited: 10/1/10
- DashiLast edited: 10/1/10
This is a great book written by a very passionate pastry chef. In many ways, a home cook might never need anything more. There are recipes for all seasons and Jacquay covers the details completely....
A basic oil stone for knife maintenance. I use the coarse side for setting initial bevels and repairing blade damage. The coarse side is P150 and is grey I use the fine side to finish the edge....
It was a delight ordering my board from John. he was very helpful discussing the pros and cons of adding feet (I did and I like them.) He was friendly and helpful to all my enquiries, then made...
I graduated from OCC several years ago, but I still recommend it to my employees and any young aspiring cooks that I meet. It is a community college, so you won't leave this place drowning in debt....
A little bit about me: I grew up in the Hudson Valley about 30 min. away from the CIA. I knew I wanted to go to culinary school since I was in 10th grade and started cooking for my family...
Best chef knives money can buy and where to purchase?? - Page 3post #61 of 649/29/15 at 6:46pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 649/29/15 at 8:12pm
This must be the thread that cannot die.
Maybe if we all sing the Theme Song for The Attack of The Killer Tomatoes, we can finally kill it off.
THEME ATTACK OF THE KILLER TOMATOES LYRICS
Attack of the killer tomatoes!
Attack of the killer tomatoes!
They'll beat you, bash you, squish you, mash you
Chew you up for brunch and finish you off for dinner or lunch!
They're marching down the halls
They're crawling up the walls
They're gooey, gushy, squishy, mushy
Rotten to the core
They're standing outside your door!
Remember Herman Farbage
while taking out his garbage
He turned around and he did see tomatoes hiding in his tree
Now he's just a memory!
I know I'm going to miss her
a tomato ate my sister
Sacramento fell today
They're marching in San Jose
Tomatoes are on their way!
And, if you needed it, (and especially if you don't) - here's the Theme Song on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PDaeN97rb0
GSpost #63 of 649/30/15 at 4:46am
Yes GS. But what gyuto will we use to kill the killer tomatoes? Clad? Honyaki? What steel? And what size: 210, 270 mm.?Gebe Gott uns allen, uns Trinkern, einen so leichten und so schönen Tod! Joseph Roth.Gebe Gott uns allen, uns Trinkern, einen so leichten und so schönen Tod! Joseph Roth.post #64 of 649/30/15 at 7:50pm
- Best chef knives money can buy and where to purchase??
- Japanese Knives 101
- › Rosemary, star anis, thyme, and lemon zest 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Which do you prefer? 2 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › New thread. New questions. New answers? 2 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › natural stones 3 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Looking for a knife, under $80 4 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Young chefstudent in doubt about carrer 8 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Any of you guys featured on Diners, Drive ins and Dives? 8 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Looking for a type of culinary job that is 9-5 5 days a week. 9 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › 27 year old, career change, culinary school. Am i setting up myself... 10 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Failing Practical exam for CC twice 10 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › The Art of French Pastry by Jacquy Pfeiffer by OCDshaver
- › Norton 614636855653 IB8 1-by-2-by-8-Inch Fine/Coarse India... by Scott Livesey
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by tobe999
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by dumpling
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Mustardpot
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Anova WiFi Sous Vide Precision Cooker, Black by phatch
- › Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off... by phatch
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise
- › A "No Turkey" Thanksgiving-Roast Pork
- › Caramelized Cauliflower
- › Holiday Entertaining-Cocktails
- › Spinach and Arugula Salad with Grapefruit
- › Summer Vegetable Pasta
- › Apple Cranberry Leather