New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

XXX==DANGER=DEADLY POISON

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 

Just read an article I think everyone should heed. It is regarding canned soda and beer.  A woman was admitted to a hospital out west suffering from what seemed to be a stomach ailment. Th ER team worked hard to try and stabilize her but could not ,she died from what was a deadly toxic poisoning.. They spent days tracing the source and what it was and they did.

    Seems the poison came from th top of a soda can and it was formed and caused by the URINE OF RATS,which can fester and become DEADLY. It dries on the can and the moisture from refrigeration and the soda itself reconstitutes it .. If you ever go to a market or warehouse club look at how soda is stored in back rooms if possible and you will understand how this happens.

     What the article is saying is ALWAYS clean down the tops of cans and never drink from one.

Chef EdB
Over 50 years in food service business 35 as Ex Chef. Specializing in Volume upscale Catering both on and off premise .(former Exec. Chef in the largest on premise caterer in US  with 17 Million Dollars per year annual volume). 
      Well versed in all facets of Continental Cuisine...

Reply

Chef EdB
Over 50 years in food service business 35 as Ex Chef. Specializing in Volume upscale Catering both on and off premise .(former Exec. Chef in the largest on premise caterer in US  with 17 Million Dollars per year annual volume). 
      Well versed in all facets of Continental Cuisine...

Reply
post #2 of 6

 

chefedb,

Thank you for the heads up. We buy from a warehouse. We cleaned the tops and are making a sign to inform

our customers.

pan

It really isn't that easy to clean the tops.

FOR YEARS I LIVED TO WORK! NOW I WORK TO LIVE!
Reply
FOR YEARS I LIVED TO WORK! NOW I WORK TO LIVE!
Reply
post #3 of 6

Has all the hallmarks of an urban legend. And snopes largely concurs.

 

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/raturine.asp

Palace of the Brine -- "I hear the droning in the shrine of the sea monkeys." Saltair
Reply
Palace of the Brine -- "I hear the droning in the shrine of the sea monkeys." Saltair
Reply
post #4 of 6

gross.

cooking with all your senses.....
Reply
cooking with all your senses.....
Reply
post #5 of 6

There was an outbreak of the deadly Hunta VIrus in the SW US a number of years ago.  It kills before they can diagnos and treat you.  It is carried by desert mice and it only occurs when the population of mice explodes.  You can inhale dust while cleaning your garage where these mice left traces of feces or urine.  We visited Mesa Verde during this time and signs were posted everywhere about it.  Dust containing feces or urine in a warehouse could occur.  I would think it is possible even though snopes might disagree.  Look up Hunta Virus or I think it was also called the Navajo disease until they traced to the Hunta strain.

 

Sorry Hantavirus also Sin Nombre

 

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/hanta/hps/noframes/outbreak.htm

post #6 of 6

Yes, I'm familiar with Hanta Virus. Pretty tightly limited geographically, and not a population center problem for the most part.

Palace of the Brine -- "I hear the droning in the shrine of the sea monkeys." Saltair
Reply
Palace of the Brine -- "I hear the droning in the shrine of the sea monkeys." Saltair
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Professional Catering