I just wanted to share this experience for those who have also gone through this before when dramatically increasing a recipe's yield.
I just completed a job where I made appx 100 take-home servings of fresh salsa, each container holding about 16 oz. While I have made this salsa in big batches in the past, this was the first time I had to make this much at one time. I scheduled everything as best as I could, and I did the appropriate math to increase my original recipe, took into account the as-purchased quantity vs. edible portion quantities, etc.
And yet, despite all the preparation on paper, the recipe seemed to take its own form while I was preparing it. I needed less of this item, and a bit more of that. And while I knew to expect shifts in ingredient quantities when upping my recipe yield, I was still amazed at how much the numbers could shift. I expect seasonings and spices to shift dramatically, but I didn't know previously how much the main ingredients could shift too. It all worked out, and the flavor turned out the same as my original recipe. But again, while it all worked out, I am impressed by the changes a recipe can go through when increasing yield, especially at such high portions. I kept notes of everything so hopefully the next time I do this recipe in this amount, I will have more accurate starting numbers.