Ah, pet peeves, i have so many you could fill an entire forum.
let me see...
- snobbiness about food in general
- when what was considered poison last week is the current big trend and super healthy too
- people acting like SOME people's food allergies or illnesses apply to everyone (from sugar to gluten to salt to milk to wheat to anything good)
- food "health" fads
- When i make a dinner and the guest says "oh I never eat desert" (well, they usually end up eating mine but it still irritates me) - I don't mind those who don't LIKE desert, though they may puzzle me, they don't irritate me, but those who say they never eat it with that tone of virtue...
- And speaking of that, when people feel guilty about eating something or virtuous for not eating it. I mean, guilt should be reserved for things that hurt others. If you enjoyed it, why feel guilt - you may regret it, or feel stupid or get worried (for the calories, for the whatever it is you're not supposed to eat, etc), but why guilt? Why virtue? what's that got to do with food?
- Related to this is a holier than thou attitude to food - whether eating it or not eating it.
- When someone offers me "tea" and it's really some herbal thing (drink it if you like but don't call it tea).
ok, i could go on, but that's more than enough