Here is one for everyone. About 10 years ago we had a food poisening outbreak in a very good seafood rest in West Palm Beach.. About 60 guest were infected after eating on a Saturday night. No employees were affected?
.They all ate different things from the menu Our health dept could not figure it out.. Some of us did.. On every guest table there was a shaker of dry housemade MOJO spice. Every night at closing the A/C unit was turned to a higher setting. Moisture therefore condensed inside the shaker getting the spice slightly wet and ideal for mold growth.
The staff sat at a counter in another section of the place with no mojo on tables when they took their breaks and ate. This was cause of violent poisonings with many people in hospital for up to a week ,in particular seniors and kids.
The place closed and then reopened but was never the same .It finally filed a chapter 11. Just shows you no matter how careful, you can never be to careful. We had another one, also years ago at the famous Breakerss Hotel in Palm Beach which they managed to confine to a small spot in newspapers. Gravlox, which was not done correctly was the culprit,. People were spread out on the lawn, and were affected almost right away, a lot of ambulances