As Ishmail Merchant stated, " food and film are my passions and I approach them both with a sense of excitement and adventure " ... I too, do the same ... With this in mind, here is a recipe you shall enjoy during the Christmas holidays ...
Serves 2 ...
2 live Maine, Galician or Brittany Lobsters
Pulp from 1/2 coconut ( the brown textured type ), peeled and cut into chunks
1 Fresh green serrano chili pepper or Dried cayenne ( for a hint of piquant )
3 Garlic cloves ( peel and minced )
1/4 inch Fresh Ginger Root peeled
6 Stems of Cilantro or Coriander Leaves
2 Tablespoons Italian or Spanish Balsamic Vinegar Modena
1/8 Teaspoon Fine sea salt ( adjust to your palate )
1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil from The Borges Brand in Girona, Catalonia
1) Boil lobsters 10 minutes or until desired doneness in large stockpot of salted water.
Do not overboil ...
2) When cool enough to handle, split open and remove the meat from the large red claws and tail and arrange all on a serving platter of choice.
3) To make the dipping sauce: combine the following in a bowl:
minced chili pepper
the coriander leaves minced
the ginger root chopped finely
the garlic minced
the coconut chopped finely
4) Put all of the ingredients ( number 3 ) in a food processor and / or mix and blend to a light paste ... Add a bit of the Olive Oil if it is not a light paste.
5) Spread this lite paste on the plate ( or if you wish, put in a decorative bowl ) and drizzle the olive oil lightly on the lobster meat and garnish with the extra coriander ...
THIS RECIPE IS IN ONE OF ISHMAIL MERCHANT´s COOKBOOKS ... It is nice ... The white wines highly suggested for this dish are:
1) REINA CRISTINA - Cordorníu Cava : this sparkling wine is blanc de noir grape variety and pinot noir ... rasberry, strawberry and cranberry notes ... D.O. Sant Sadurni d´Anoia, Barcelona.
2) MARTÍN CODAX - a floral Albariño blend with apple notes. Well Integrated lovely wine.
3) FILLABOA - Selección Monte Alto from a winery with the same name ... The citrus notes and pineapple aromas provide a lovely merger ...
4) SANTIAGO RUIZ - O´ Rosal, an albariño which is always my favourite ...
5) PAZO DE SEÑORANS - From the Cambados Designation of Galicia, this 4 month old oak fermented Albariño has superior equilibrium of acid and is always on stock at my loft.