or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lead Paint Bean Pot.

post #1 of 2
Thread Starter 

I recently bought a clay "ollo" (bean pot) from Mexico.  I cooked a batch of beans and noticed a silverish film on the inside of the pot.  I was able to scrub it off.  I'm guessing this is a result of lead paint?  Is this the case and do I need to worry/?  I suppose I shouldn't use the pot but boy, the beans sure taste good cooked in it.  Is there a way to delead this pot or is it something else that I should worry about?

 

Thanks,

Mike

post #2 of 2

You can buy lead test kits  and you SHOULD. Test you pot and wait for the results. Don't use it again until you know it's safe.

 

http://www.truevalue.com/catalog/search.cmd?form_state=searchForm&hardwarianState=1&keyword=lead+test+kit&x=0&y=0

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cooking Equipment Reviews