2 large fish slabs cleaned around 500 kg each
4 shallots peeled and finely chopped
4 tblsps of white wine vinegar
6 black peppercorns
slice of lemon zest
2 bay leaves
sprig of thyme
One and a half tblsps of capers from Sicilia soaked in water for 20 mins.
1 tblsp flat leaf parsley
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees farenheit
2. Put a serving dish in to warm
3. Put the fish in an oven tray, and sprinkle over with the shallots, 3 tblsps vinegar, some seasalt, and the peppercorns, zest, and the herbs.
4. Add sufficient water to just cover the fish
5. Let cook 15 mins.
6. The fish is done when the flesh lifts easily from its gelatinous centre.
7. In a heavy pan, over high heat, add unsalted butter, capers and remaining vinegar
8. Then pour over fish still fizzing over the fish
9. sprinkle with the parsley