*** Barcelona, Catalonia
Serves 4 to 6 ...
5 cups fish stock
2 Ñora chili peppers ( dried )
1 small dried cayenne red pepper ( guindilla )
1/4 cup olive oil
2 large day old slices of Baguette
2 garlic cloves minced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
8 tblsps minced fresh parsely
1 / 2 cup husked toasted Hazelnuts
2 pounds peeled, seeded, chopped tomatoes
2 pounds sea bass cut into 2 inch chunks
all purpose flour
18 scrubbed fresh clams
1 pound of peeled large prawns, deveined
4 small squids cleaned ( calamar )
1) Bring 1 1/2 cup stock to simmer in saucepan.
2) add all the chili peppers, cover and remove from flame and let stand 1/2 hour
3) heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a heavy saucepan
4) add bread cubes and garlic and saute until goldern, about 5 mins.
5) add chili mixture, lemon juice and 2 tblsps of parsley chopped
6) Mix in hazelnuts and 1/2 the tomatoes, and heat.
7) puree above mixture in food processor
8) dredge the sea bass chunks in flour. Heat 2 tblsps of olive oil in heavy Dutch Oven over high heat.
9) Brown on all sides about 4 mins. Add puree, 3 1/2 cups stock, Catalan appellation white wine and bring to a simmer. ( Miguel Torres is a good standard guaranteed for cooking and drinking via the glass, available in the USA and worldwide ).
10) Add clams and cover ... cook until shells open, about 8 mins.
11) discard the unopened and add the prawns, squid, fish and remaining tomatoes.
12) simmer 5 to 7 mins. and season with salt and blk pepper.
13) sprinkle with 6 tblsps of fresh chopped parsley and serve with a warm Baguette and Cava Juve y Camps Extra Brut ...