This recipe hails from Fruli Venezia and is wonderful starter or mezze for Christmas Eve and / or New Years Eve ...
Ingredients ... 8 people ...
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves ( subjective ... )
2 pounds freshly caught large or medium large prawns deveined, peeled however, with tails intact ...
1/2 cup freshly packed finely chopped basil leaves
2 tblsps Marjoram herb fresh if you can get it or use dried and crumbled
2 tblsps parsley finely chopped and fresh
2 guindillas = tiny cayenne peppers used for red pepper flakes, however Fresh Chili peps
or Hungarian paprika piquant as equivalent
salt and black pepper freshly grounded
1/2 cup semi fruity white wine from Venezia D.O.
1) heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat
2) add garlic and sauté until golden 2 mins.
3) increase heat to medium high
4) add prawns and herbs and sauté until pinky coral about 1 minute
5) stir in the red pepper chili pepper
6) add white wine
7) cook and cover 3 minutes
8) U can spoon over pasta or macaroni of choice ( I use Italian brands only )
*** serve with warm Italian bread and / or Gristini and breadsticks and Prosecco or Venetian appellation white wine ...