This recipe hails from the Island of Corfu ...
6 Servings ...
1 Garlic clove minced
20ml Greek Olive Oil
250ml Greek white wine
200ml Whole Milk ( Lactose Free )
200g Aegina Pistachips shelled and unsalted
5 fresh Basil leaves
Lemon juice from a fresh lemon ( a few drops to taste )
1 kilo of fresh filleted Sea Bass or Peruvian Corvina
200g Fennel Seeds
1) For sauce: sauté the garlic in 10ml olive oil for 30 seconds. Then add the white wine. Boil 5 minutes. Add the milk. I suggest Lactose free as many people have this intolerance including myself and I cannot drink cow milk.
2) Just before milk comes to a boil, add the pistachios. Simmer 20 mins. and remove from high heat and process in high speed blender with the basil leaves for 2 mins.
3) Pass the sauce through a fine mesh sieve and season with salt and pepper.
4) Brush the fish fillets with olive oilon both sides and salt and pepper. Take the fillets and press them into a plate of fennel seeds.
5) Grill the fennel seeded fillets over high heat for 2 or 3 minutes per side.
6) Drizzle the sauce onto the each plate and place the fish in middle ...