Giusto Occhipinti who is both an architect and the owner of a small successful winery in Trapini, Sicily gave me this recipe ...
Serves 4 to 6 ...
3 tblsps silvered almonds
2 tblsps walnuts
1 tblsps pine nuts
1 clove minced garlic
3 cups fresh basil leaves
3 tblsps capers
2 tblsps mint leaves
Arugula and / or spinach leaves
1.5 pounds vine ripened tomatoes finely chopped
1 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
1 pound of Italian Penne Pasta
1/3 cup Lucatelli Romano or Fiore Sardo or Reggiano Parmesano cheese
1) Put large pot of salted water to boil
2) Spread the almonds, walnuts and pinenuts in a pie pan and toast in oven at 350 Degrees Farenheit five to seven minutes and let cool.
3) In food processor: combine the nuts, garlic, basil, arugula or spinach leaves, mint and capers. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
4) Add tomatoes and stir. Add salt and pepper.
5) cook the pasta penne until al dente 10 mins. - follow directions on box and do not overcook. Drain and toss with the sauce.
6) serve with Italian baguette and Sicilian Prosecco.